Here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 10/8/17: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
And before you go to ALDI this week, who needs one of these cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers?! Lots of options here…
New logo, new store, and Romanian Cave Cheese!
This week’s ALDI ad sports their redesigned logo, as shown in the screen shot above. What do you guys think of it? I’m not sure if it is an improvement…
My local ads also announced new Sunday hours, where stores will now be open til 8PM — check your own local ad to see if your store is extending Sunday hours as well.
Since my normal ALDI is closed for remodeling until mid-November, I visited a different, already-remodeled store today to collect prices, and must say it’s quite lovely — bright, wide aisles, more logically organized. (It took me forever because I couldn’t find a darn thing and everything was rearranged, but I think it will make more shopping sense once I’m used to it.)
But what did I find? Check out this Transylvanian Romanian Cave Cheese, advertised as a special buy in this week’s ad. How could I not impulse buy this? I mean, just look at it! Anyone tried it yet?
But back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful.
ALDI meal planning week of 10/8/17 – 10/14/17
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 10/8/17
- Sunday: Roasted chicken w/ carrots & potatoes (omit the splash of wine if you don’t have it on hand; use an additional potato or two if your red ones are on the smaller side, and check for doneness with a meat thermometer since you have a slightly larger chicken). Serve chicken and veggies with grapes on the side, and dice up a cup of leftover chicken after dinner to use in Monday’s recipe.
- Monday: Caprese quiche with chicken & spinach. On the side: Toast two English muffins and give each person one half of a muffin with their quiche, plus sliced Gala apples.
- Tuesday: Lazy Sunday pork & vegetable stew (yes, on Tuesday: Be a rebel!). Chop up the pork chops to use as stew meat here, and serve with the baguette.
- Wednesday: Egg & avocado sandwiches (quadruple recipe to make four) served with a cup of leftover stew, plus tear up half of your romaine and make a side salad topped with the rest of your grape tomatoes. Note: Thursday’s recipe takes some prep, so if you have it in you, also chop the veggies and shred the cheese for that one tonight and have them ready in your fridge for tomorrow.
- Thursday: Vegetable pot pie with mushrooms & potatoes. Sides: Tear up the rest of your romaine for side salad and top with sliced tomato and thinly sliced onion, plus grapes.
- Friday: Cod sauteed in olive oil with fresh tomatoes. On the side: Sliced apples and simple peas and onions (just use the rest of your bag of peas; you can slightly reduce the onion, butter, and vegetable broth to match).
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake deli pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 10/7/17
Dairy & refrigerated
Bake House Creations refrigerated pie crusts, $1.39
Dozen Goldhen eggs, $1.09
Half gallon Friendly Farms whole milk, $1.17
8 oz Priano fresh mozzarella, $2.69
Season’s Choice 16 oz green peas, $.95
32 oz Chef’s Cupboard beef broth, $1.19
32 oz SimplyNature organic vegetable broth, $1.79
1 can Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.89
1 can Happy Harvest corn, $.49
1 can Happy Harvest cut green beans, $.49
L’Oven Fresh English muffins, $.99
Specially Selected vinaigrette, $1.89
Specially Selected baguette, $1.69
1 lb fresh cod portions, $9.99
5 lb whole chicken, $4.75
1.5 lbs thick cut boneless pork chops, $4.49
Tomatoes on the vine, $2.59
5 lb red potatoes, $.99
2 lbs carrots, $1.19
Three packs 8 oz mushrooms, $2.07
3 lb yellow onions, $1.99
3 heads garlic, $1.29
Pint grape tomatoes, $2.49
5 oz SimplyNature organic baby spinach, $2.49
2 avocados, $2.78
2 lbs green California grapes, $1.78
3 lb Gala apples, $1.49
3 heads romaine, $1.89
That comes to $60.37
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
- For your ALDI shopping: Who needs one of these cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers?! Lots of options here…
Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning.
Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 10/1-10/7 in Sunday ad markets and 10/4-10/10 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 10/4/17 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 10/8/17.
Can’t get enough ALDI savings?
If you enjoy these ALDI meal plans and savings, you might also enjoy my eBook: Almost All ALDI: Shopping and Meal Planning Around Sales and Seasons.
Stay in the loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- And if you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well? 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!