It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 1/5/20: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. Six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door!
*** Subscribe to the weekly ALDI meal plans here ***
Some super-quick Finds fun first…
Support for your New Year’s resolutions
ALDI meal prep containers and exercise mats are back, plus vegetarian special buys, and more of my favorite ALDI Finds for the week! What are you picking up from this week’s sales?
Note: ALDI is closed on New Year’s Day and reopens on Thursday, January 2.
Then, let’s start out the New Year right with a little gratitude for the lessons our favorite store teaches us: All I really need to know, I learned in ALDI.
But now, on to this week’s free ALDI meal plan:
ALDI meal planning week of 1/5/20 – 1/11/20
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 1/5/20
- Sunday: Summer squash + tomato frittata (use all zucchini, because the yellow squash is seasonal), blueberries, and toasted English muffins. Also tonight, cook up a pot of rice and keep in the fridge for tomorrow’s recipe.
- Monday: Easy shrimp fried rice, apple slices, spring mix salad topped with two chopped tomatoes, one chopped carrot, and a little onion.
- Tuesday: Zucchini Spanish rice burrito bowls with mushrooms. Top with sour cream and two sliced avocados and serve with the rest of the salsa, along with sliced apples and half a grapefruit for everyone (top with a little sugar if desired).
- Wednesday: Sheet pan smoky Parmesan chicken tenders + veggies (cut chicken breast into strips), plus spring mix salad topped with 1 chopped tomato + 1 chopped avocado + half the cucumber, peeled & chopped.
- Thursday: Broiled Parmesan pork chops & broccoli, along with spring mix salad topped with Parmesan + half the cucumber, peeled & chopped.
- Friday: Cheesy sausage, rice, & spinach skillet plus braised & glazed carrots, and heat up the rest of the bag of frozen peas with a little butter, salt, pepper, and optionally minced garlic to taste.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 1/4/20
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen eggs, $1.28
Friendly Farms sour cream, $1.49
16 oz Happy Farms shredded cheddar, $3.69
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Season’s Choice 16 oz peas, $.95
L’Oven Fresh English muffins, $1.19
3 lbs Earthly Grains long grain white rice, $1.99
Casa Mamita organic chipotle lime salsa, $2.29
32 oz SimplyNature organic chicken broth, $1.89
Can Pueblo Lindo chipotles in adobo, $.99 (Note: You’ll have most of the can left over this week, but these keep in the fridge in tupperware for ages — or puree and freeze)
12 oz Fremont Fish Market medium raw peeled shrimp, $5.99 (frozen)
3.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $5.22
1.5 lbs thin sliced pork chops, $4.49
12 oz Never Any! spinach feta chicken sausage, $2.99
3 lbs gala apples, $1.47
2 lbs zucchini, $1.98
2 grapefruit, $.98
Pint blueberries, $1.89
2 lbs carrots, $1.29
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, $1.89
24 oz broccoli, $2.54
16 oz SimplyNature organic spring mix salad, $3.49
8 oz spinach, $1.39
1 cucumber, $.49
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.69
3 heads garlic, $1.19
5 Roma tomatoes, $1.00
3 avocados, $2.97
That comes to $60.70.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 12/29-1/4 in Sunday ad markets, and 1/1-1/7 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 1/5/20.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.
Tuesday 21st of January 2020
Hello! I LOVED your Broiled Pork Chops *& Broccoli recipe. It was delicious! I have one question in general - in regard to your sheetpan recipes. Sometimes I find my broccoli or cauliflower (or said veggies on the sheetpan recipe) end up cooking much quicker than the meat. Do you have any suggestions for this? And what level do you typically put your rack for the sheetpan recipes. For the pork chops & broccoli, I think I put the pan TOO CLOSE to the broiler thus over-roasting the broccoli somewhat. If you can mention what rack level you use on these recipes, that would be really helpful :) I love your recipes and thanks for making my life so much easier for home-cooked meals for my kiddos & I. :)
Tuesday 21st of January 2020
Glad you enjoyed! And sorry, I had the sheet pan on the middle rack when broiling. If the veggies are getting overcooked for your taste, you can always start the meat on the pan first, then add the veggies later in the cooking process. (If you chop them smaller, they also tend to cook through faster.)
Tuesday 7th of January 2020
Love love your blog and meal plans. We have eaten 95% of what you have planned for the last 2+ years. Thank you so much for putting all this work into such an amazing resource. I have often recommended this site to friends/fellow mamas trying to figure out how to meal plan on a budget!
Every Wednesday or Thursday I print everything out and grocery shop with my two littles. Thank you for making everything print friendly if they are your recipes, and for the editable grocery list.
My one request would be that each week there be one link that opens a word document with everything for the week at one time. I don't know if I'm the only one that prints everything each week but it takes a long time to open a million tabs, scroll to the print recipe section, etc etc. Figured it would be worth mentioning, if you don't think it's worth your time that's totally fine! Thanks again for all you do, I have become so much more confident in the kitchen because of you!
Thursday 2nd of January 2020
Rachel! Hello! We just got an Aldi in my town and I am thrilled to have come across your meal plans and customizable shopping lists! Such a gift to me in this season. Thanks very much!
Thursday 2nd of January 2020
I'm so glad to have found this website. I shop almost primarily at Aldi, and have been looking for a meal plan for this store. I appreciate your time and effort!
Wednesday 1st of January 2020
Love your site! It has simplified at least one part of my hectic life. Do you follow a particular meal style - keto; low sugar; low calorie? Keep up the great work!
Wednesday 1st of January 2020
Thanks, so glad it's useful! Personally I try to limit added sugars -- I wrote an intermittent series on that here: https://www.mashupmom.com/category/no-sugar/
But otherwise, I just try to cook at home and get in a lot of whole foods.