Here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 1/28/18: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Before we get started this week, here are a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group, where we are sharing and chatting about recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers
- Check out my Amazon shop, which is full of cooking-related gift ideas plus some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning!
- Two pack insulated grab bag totes, and two pack clip to cart bags.
- Pantry staples to stock up on
- How to modify a meal plan for your family
- This week’s ALDI ad
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook
But back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful.
ALDI meal planning week of 1/28/18 – 2/3/18
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 1/28/18
- Sunday: Parmesan pork roast with Brussels sprouts & sweet potato.
- Monday: Slow cooker BBQ chicken sandwiches. Top with pickles and serve with one oz of tortilla chips per person (reserving the remaining 9 oz of the bag for Friday).
- Tuesday: Creamy tomato hummus soup (substitute chicken broth for vegetable broth), with strawberries & BBQ chicken grilled cheese (double recipe to serve four; omit BBQ sauce & use leftover BBQ chicken from Monday).
- Wednesday: Slow cooker salsa chicken — just put 3 lbs of the chicken breast in your Crock-Pot with the jar of slow & low chili verde sauce on low for 5-5.5 hours, then shred & enjoy in flour tortillas with avocado, a little shredded cheddar, and sour cream. Serve with sliced pineapple. Note: If your store doesn’t have the chili verde sauce in its special buys aisle, you can substitute a 16 oz jar salsa of your choice + a packet of taco seasoning mix. The chili verde sauce is very mild; taste it and see if you want to spice up the chicken a little more to your own taste.
- Thursday: Smashed potatoes with sausage, peppers, and onions, plus green grapes.
- Friday: Loaded baked chicken nachos (perfect for a Friday night family movie dinner!), topped with halved grape tomatoes, avocado, olives, and sour cream. Serve with garden salad topped with any olives & tomatoes you have left after topping the nachos.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 1/27/18
Dairy & refrigerated
Brick Happy Farms cream cheese, $1.29
Friendly Farms sour cream, $1.19
8 oz brick Happy Farms cheddar, $1.79
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
8 oz Happy Farms mozzarella slices, $1.99
10 oz Little Salad Bar roasted red pepper hummus, $1.79
L’Oven Fresh hamburger buns, $.83
L’Oven Fresh 100% whole wheat wide pan bread, $1.79
Can Tuscan Garden black olives, $1.49
Burman’s BBQ sauce, $.99
Great Gherkins Kosher dill sandwich slices, $1.15
32 oz Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.19
Clancy’s restaurant style tortilla chips, $.99
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.89
Can Happy Harvest corn, $.49
28 oz can Happy Harvest crushed tomatoes, $.95
Can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.69
One Pot slow & low chili verde sauce, $2.29 (see note in recipes above)
Casa Mamita organic black bean dip, $2.29
2 lb pork sirloin roast, $3.98
5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $8.45 (note: This is on a 5-day sale 1/24-1/28 in my area — check dates in your ad)
12 oz Never Any apple chicken sausage, $2.99
Little Salad Bar garden salad, $.89
16 oz Brussels sprouts, $1.29
1 lb green grapes, $1.29
3 lb yellow onions, $1.49
3 heads garlic, $1.09
1.5 lbs bite size yellow potatoes, $2.99
1 medium sweet potato, $.79
3 pack multicolored bell peppers, $2.69
Pint grape tomatoes, $2.29
2 avocados, $1.58
That comes to $60.66.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning.
Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 1/21-1/27 in Sunday ad markets, and 1/24-1/30 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 1/24/18 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 1/28/18.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!