Here are some of the deals (and heads up!) YOU found recently — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
If you are sharing a deal from another site or an online coupon, please include the link. If you found a deal at a specific store, please include the location.
- *** Disclaimer: All of the deals below come straight from readers.
- From julie: “FYI – we just ordered [the Sam's Club membership] a day or 2 ago and they mail the vouchers to your house. I’m not sure if they mail everyone’s or if I clicked the wrong option, but I wanted to give a heads up to anyone that wanted to activate and use the membership right away that you’ll need to wait for it to come in the mail.”
- From peaches: “The Kemp’s frozen yogurt is not on sale anymore at Jewel. I was just there tonight.”
- On the D&W franks and sausages, Jane says: “Bourbonnais has a ton of books out BUT only chicken and hot dogs left, so $1.33 down to 50 cents each after coupon! I got several different varieties and they were all clearly marked on shelf.” *hint to others…if you don’t know where these are (like me!) they are in the Deli section and not in the regular meat or lunchmeat section. It took me 15 mins. to locate them this morning. Duh, and the seafood guy even had no clue where they were either!”
- From feelgood: “I accidentally found this deal as I was poking around looking to redeem my expiring rainchecks for deli beef franks. Visited several Jewels, lower prices not marked at most stores, had to do a price scan to check for lower prices. I bought these for $3.00 each: smoked sausage cheddarwurst, black forest bratwurst, natural casing beef franks, uncured beef franks. Deli beef franks also $3.00, didn’t get any this time around. Saw 3 types of chicken sausages 3/$10, didn’t get any. Deli franks $2.50, made with beef and pork (no chicken filler), might be good. Found books in all the Jewels I visited this weekend: Lockport, Homer Glen, Lemont, and both Orland Park stores. Be careful and check your dates. Some sausages I got don’t expire until September. I also found some sausages with expired dates at several Jewels dating as far back as July 2nd!”
- And a heads up from julie: “Check you dates!!!! We bought some last time they were on this sale and they were 1 week expired at the time. We didn’t notice the dates. They seemed to go bad on us within 24 hours after opening the package.”
- A question from peaches: “Any books in the Evanston, Skokie, WIlmette area? I was in the Chicago Avenue store last night and they were out of books, and all they had were the chicken sausages and hot dogs. All I wanted was the chicken sausages anyway.”
- Outlander comments: “I just checked my store, no books, but I had 5 Qs with me. I was happy to find the sausages (after a long search, since no one knew where they were ), only to see they were all expired within last week or two. Only one pack of Black Forest brats doesn’t exp. until 8/5, so I got that and will try it today. I got rainchecks for 10 Cheddarwurst, and 10 Black Forest brats. Now if I can only find the books! Does anyone have 15 extra Qs they can send me? I mean if your stores still have plenty of books. Please post if you can, I’d appreciate it!!! Thanks!!”
- And diane also found expired: “No books at the Addison store& all they had were hotdogs. I picked up 5 different packages & all 5 were expired! Wood Dale store had all products as of noon today but also no books.”
- CHRISTINE reports: “The hot dogs and sausages are on sale until 9/2.” Note they are in Wednesday’s ad at 2/$7.00 and Jewel sometimes pulls tags early, so wait at your own risk.
- On the 7/31 expiration, Outlander says: “That doesn’t matter, if they were valid during the sale or when you got the raincheck. Even if I go a month from now to redeem my raincheck and use the Qs that exp. 7/31, I can still do it.” YMMV on that, although if you buy them now and post-redeem the coupons, they will take them up to 60 days as long as the purchase was before the coupon expired.
- Laura reports: “Went today (Monday) for the Dietz & Watson hot dogs. Worked perfectly and got myself some nitrate free hot dogs for $1.00! Note: the hot dogs are not by the “regular” hot dog cooler area. At my Jewel, they are located near the Deli in a cooler.”
- Kitty emails: ” If anyone has been having trouble getting to the Driscoll’s berry survey site, they have revamped it. You can get to it by going to www.driscollspanel.com“
- Artie emails an article: Dollar Tree agrees to acquire Family Dollar Family Dollar Stores has agreed to be acquired by Dollar Tree for $74.50 per share, a 22.8% premium over Family Dollar’s closing price on Friday, both companies announced today.”
- Shandelle wonders: “Does anyone know if they’ve seen Tortillaland uncooked tortillas around the Chicago area? I received a coupon in the mail to try one free but so far did not see that WM, Jewel or Food4Less carried them. Their site lists Meijer but it’s kinda far so I haven’t checked there yet.”
- Callie asks: “Does anyone know if the P&G rebate will work with an amazon.com receipt? They are having a spend $50 get a $15 giftcard on certain products. I think you could combine that with the rebate to get 25 off…”
- On the washer & dryer, liz is wondering: “So does anyone think this is a good deal?”
- Jane is skeptical: “It says you are saving $1000 but it is still a “Kenmore” and I don’t care if it is made by Whirlpool (or another company) for Sears’ specs, you are still getting a Kenmore. I hate my Kenmore set, period. I bought it under the impression that it would be exactly like my old Whirlpool set (which I loved) but it is not the same! This set I’m sure is a better and newer model but I will go back to my old brand the next time I buy new. This is only my opinion and I am just putting in my 2 cents worth. Some people swear by Kenmore. It sure does look good on paper though, doesn’t it?”
- Melissa A reports: “Adult size S-sport shoes ranged in price from 34.99 to 39.99 at the Oswego Target”
- Krystle shares her ship to store experience: “I picked up my order today, the e-gift card was emailed 10 minutes after (it can take up to 4 hrs). Once you receive the e-gift card you can then add it to your ‘Gift Cards’ on your Target app. This section of the app stores, combines, shares and provides a barcode to scan in store.”
- Rosemary posts on Facebook: “My Target today has buy one toy, get one toy 40% off. It applies to the clearance toys too for a great deal!”
- Kitty noticed: ” Walgreens has milk for $2.49; Ibotta 25c = $2.24/gallon”
- Krystle shares: “Walmart price matching “app”, is up and running online a available nationwide. It’s called Walmart Savings Catcher, you enter info, from your walmart receipt, it price matches other stores and you will receive the difference via e-gift card.”
- Yvette adds: “For more info: news.walmart.com/news-archive/2014/06/05/walmart-to-competitors-catch-our-savings-if-you-can and you can already sign up for the program here savingscatcher.walmart.com/dashboard although it is not yet working in our area…”