I’ve been sitting here trying to do the usual weekly ALDI meal plan, but it just makes so little sense on a week that includes both Christmas and New Year’s Eve!
- Browse all the weekly ALDI meal plans here, noting that some prices may have changed since originally posted.
So instead, I thought it might be helpful just to list some general easy meal options around this week’s meat sales to supplement your Christmas dinner + leftovers. We’ll get back to the regularly scheduled meal planning next week in the New Year. (!! next week! how did that happen?)
Family packs of boneless skinless chicken breast are $1.59/lb
Here are a few meal options:
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Ranch Chicken Potato Casserole
- 5 lb yellow potatoes are $.99 this week, bacon bits are $1.29, and ranch dressing is $1.29. 16 oz shredded cheddar has been running about $2.99, and green onions are usually $.99.
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- 16 oz Appleton Farms sliced bacon, $3.49, 32 oz brown sugar $.99.
- Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
- SimplyNature organic salsa is $1.89, taco seasoning packets are $.35. Sour cream is $.99.
Appleton Farms butt portion ham is $.89/lb
Meal one is just ham (crescent rolls are $.99, green beans $.99, and 5 lb yellow potatoes $.99 for some great side dish options, too).
- Make your ham in the slow cooker (5 hours on low with some brown sugar) for one meal, then here are some options for the leftovers…
- Ham-ocado Egg Bites
- Eggs have been running $.49-$.99 depending on store
- Instant Pot Ham & Potato Soup
- Ham & Broccoli Quiche (see recipe in the earlier meal plan here).
Hormel boneless pork butt roast is $1.49/lb
Here are some meal options:
- Italian Pulled Pork
- 3 lb yellow onions are $.69, peppers are $1.49 (not sure if they have hot cherry, but substitute another kind), 28 oz crushed tomatoes, $.95.
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- BBQ sauce is $.95 and hamburger buns $.85.
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
- Corn tortillas are $.33, flour $.85. Diced green chiles, $.65. Three heads garlic, $.99.
Other things I’m picking up this week
Grab your baking supplies while still on sale for the holidays — 32 oz brown or powdered sugar $.99, evaporated milk, $.59, cream cheese $.85, sour cream $.99. The SimplyNature organic broth is a great price at $1.69, as is 4 lbs of navel oranges at $1.99 and 5 lbs of yellow potatoes for $.99.
What are you making from the ALDI sales this week?