Here are new coupons of bread to print!
13 Deals has a rechargeable LED flashlight for $9.99. Shipping is free. This flashlight has a lot of features, check them out:
Amazon’s Gold Box deal of the day is for Norton security for up to 10 devices for $27.99. You’ll get a digital download and access code for the $27.99 price. If you want a mailed key card, it’ll be $29.99 and free shipping with Prime or a $35+ order.
Joe’s New Balance Outlet has a pair of women’s New Balance running shoes for $34.99 — These shoes retail for $109.99! Plus, free shipping on ALL orders through 8/31.
Other current offers (added automatically at checkout):
- Through 8/29, Save $5 off orders $50+, $10 off $75+, $15 off $100+, and $20 off $200+.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VivaLaMorena #CollectiveBias
When thinking summer BBQ, chances are that many of us jump straight to thoughts of traditional backyard burgers and hot dogs. Well, those are nice… but sometimes you just want to kick things up a notch!
This week I picked up a can of wonderfully smoky La Morena chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (which you can find in the Hispanic aisle at your local Walmart) to jazz up our BBQ. Just one little 7 oz can goes a long way; it added a wonderful kick to both the burgers and their sour cream topping — with a little left over. Try this one on for your next summer gathering:
Chipotle Corn Burgers (with Chipotle Lime Sour Cream)
Ingredients — for the burgers
2 lbs 80/20 or 85/15 ground beef
kernels stripped from one ear of cooked corn
3 La Morena chipotle peppers in adobo, chopped
1 Tbsp sauce from chipotle peppers in adobo
Ingredients — for the sour cream (optional)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 La Morena chipotle pepper in adobo, chopped
1 Tbsp sauce from chipotle peppers in adobo
Juice from 1/4 of a small lime
1/4 tsp Kosher salt
Using your hands, combine ground beef, corn, chopped chipotle peppers, and adobo sauce until just mixed. Form your mixture into half-pound sized patties (makes five). I’d recommend using a burger press for this step. Grill burgers over medium heat for 6 minutes, then flip carefully and reduce heat to medium-low. Grill another six minutes, then flip and grill another four. Heads up: The corn sounds like it’s popping while these are cooking, so don’t be alarmed — but keep the grill lid closed!
While burgers are grilling, make your Chipotle Lime Sour Cream… Because why would you want to top a spicy burger full of authentic Latino flavor with plain old ketchup and mustard? Chipotle Lime Sour Cream takes just a minute to whip up; it adds just the perfect accent to your Chipotle Corn Burgers, and also makes a great dipping sauce for fries and more. In a small bowl, simply combine sour cream, chopped chipotle in adobo, adobo sauce, lime juice, and salt.
Serve Chipotle Corn Burgers topped with cheddar cheese, avocado slices, and prepared sour cream. (Add sliced La Morena jalapeños if you want an extra kick.)
The perfect way to jazz up your summer gathering
Chipotle Corn Burgers were so good, so easy, and a great way to mix things up! Fresh summer sweet corn nicely complements the spicy, smoky chipotle, and the Chipotle Lime Sour Cream adds another layer of smoky creaminess to this fresh twist on the backyard BBQ burger.
If you’re serving a large group or eating these alongside other BBQ favorites, you could easily make little appetizer sized Chipotle Corn sliders rather than the larger half pound burgers. I love that smoky chipotle flavor and will definitely be picking up La Morena chipotles in adobo again. What are some of your favorite chipotle recipes?
Easy print version
- 2 lbs 80/20 or 85/15 ground beef
- kernels stripped from one ear of cooked corn
- 3 La Morena chipotle peppers in adobo, chopped
- 1 Tbsp sauce from chipotle peppers in adobo
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 La Morena chipotle pepper in adobo, chopped
- 1 Tbsp sauce from chipotle peppers in adobo
- Juice from ¼ of a small lime
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- Using your hands, combine ground beef, corn, chopped chipotle peppers, and adobo sauce until just mixed.
- Form your mixture into half-pound sized patties (makes five). I'd recommend using a burger press for this step.
- Grill burgers over medium heat for 6 minutes, then flip carefully and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Grill another six minutes, then flip and grill another four. Heads up: The corn sounds like it's popping while these are cooking, so don't be alarmed -- but keep the grill lid closed!
- While burgers are grilling, make your Chipotle Lime Sour Cream
- In a small bowl, simply combine sour cream, chopped chipotle in adobo, adobo sauce, lime juice, and salt.
- Serve Chipotle Corn Burgers topped with cheddar cheese, avocado slices, and prepared sour cream. (Add sliced La Morena jalapeños if you want an extra kick.)
The week of 8/30/15 we’re expecting three inserts: SmartSource, P&G, and Red Plum. See the full list at Coupon Previews.
- Use this as a general guide. Coupons and values vary regionally. Sometimes our papers will not include some of the coupons listed or one area will get one $ amount on their coupons, we will get another.
- In Chicagoland the Chicago Tribune has the most coupons in it — even if the Sun-Times, or the Daily Herald, or the other smaller papers have the same inserts, they’re thinner. (Occasionally the Sun-Times will contain an extra coupon, but overall you’ll find many more in the Trib.) Outside Chicagoland, buy the largest-circulation paper in your area.
- In IL-Chicagoland, pick up the early edition of the Sunday Chicago Tribune on Saturday morning for $1.00 at Menards or Dollar Tree.
- Be sure to check to make sure that the inserts are in there before purchasing.
- Check out the Mashup Mom Coupon Trading Group on Facebook if you’re looking for different coupons or have some to trade.
So what looks good to me?
- Afrin $3/1 nasal spray (9/26)
- Clorox $1/2 bleach products excluding 16oz (11/1)
- Colgate $1/1 360 or slim soft manual toothbrush (9/19), Colgate $1/1 mouthwash or mouth rinse 8oz+ (9/26), Colgate $1/1 total, optic white, enamel health or max fresh 3oz+ (9/12). Always useful for drugstore deals.
- Frank’s $1/1 redhot sauce 12oz+ (10/31)
- Fresh Step $1/1 scoop litter 15.4lbs+ (9/30)
- Land O’Frost $.75/1 premium, bistro favorites or Canadian bacon (10/31)
- Nature Valley $.75/1 protein crunchy granola, toasted oats muesli or protein soft baked granola bites bag (10/10). Are these still showing up at Dollar Tree sometimes? lol
- PeroxiClear $4/1 12oz+ (10/3)
- Pillsbury $.50/1 toaster strudel or toaster scrambles pastries or pancakes excludes heat-n-go mini pancakes (11/21)
- Sargento $.50/2 shredded natural cheese 5oz+ (10/4). Hopefully — on sale at Caputo’s this week.
- Bounty/Charmin $.50/1 basic product ets (9/26)
- Clairol $3/1 natural instincts hair color ets (9/13)
- Clairol Buy 1 nice ‘n easy hair color box, get 1 root touch up box free up to $5.99 excludes age defy, natural instincts, balsam, textures & tones and trial (9/13)
- Covergirl $3/2 products excludes accessories and trial (9/26)
- Febreze B1G1 free product up to $3.49 ets (9/13)
- Gillette/Venus $3/1 razor 1ct+ excludes disposables (9/26)
- Pampers $3/2 bags or 1 box diapers or pants ets (9/26)
- Pantene $5/3 products must include shampoo and conditioner or styler excludes 6.7oz and trial (9/26)
- Tide $1/1 detergent excludes simply clean & fresh, simply clean & sensitive, pods, detergent 10oz and trial (9/26)
- Vicks $3/2 products excludes vapodrops, zzzquil and trial (9/26). This means cold & flu season is coming!
- Eckrich B1G1 free rope or links smoked sausage 11-14oz up to $2.50 (9/20)
- Garnier Fructis $2/1 shampoo, conditioner, treatment or style products excluding 1.7, 2 and 3oz (9/26)
- I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! $1/1 product (9/27)
- L’Oreal $2/1 advanced haircare shampoo or conditioner excludes 1.7oz trial size (9/12). Another CVS deal coming up.
- Muller $2/6 yogurts dnd (10/11)
- Seventh Generation $1/1 dish liquid (10/15)
So, how many?
Well, some of the good coupons are from brands that have shorted us in Chicago in the past — Eckrich, Garnier — so I’ll update you in tomorrow’s Notes from the Chicago Tribune and let you know how we fared. If you do drugstore deals, it’s always good to get a couple extra on a P&G week, too.
I love Dwell magazine — it’s a feast for the eyes! Feast your own eyes for just $4.99 a year, today only with code MASHUPMOM.
Big sale on past season’s styles of The North Face at 6PM today — free shipping on all orders, as always! Sort by % off for the best deals on everything from jackets to tanks.
Reader Deals 8/27/15: Here are the deals, heads up, and requests you shared over the last 24 hours — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
- Email Rachel: email@example.com.
- Comment below, or on any post where it seems to fit.
- Post on the Mashup Mom Facebook page.
*** If you are sharing a deal from another site or an online coupon, please include the link. If you found a deal at a specific store, please include the location.
- From Linda: “Re: Aldi meat coupon. I used it today on sweet Italian sausage, $3.69 for the package. Paid $.75 out of pocket. The cashier had to check with another cashier sbout how to use it, but it scanned just fine. Yay for cheap meat!!”
- A note from seachicago on the Duncan Hines coupon: “I’ve seen Duncan Hines at Dollar Tree a lot lately, especially their “velvets” specialty mixes.”
- Kitty shares: “8.5 oz Kettle Chips are BOGO $2.99 on Mymixx. When I purchased 2 of the 13 oz size @$3.68 (they were marked $3.99), $3.49 was deducted for the second one.”
- Jaci comments on the Ice Mountain deal: “Worked like a charm! If you don’t find any on shelve check the front of your store mine had a ton. Pizza deal was awesome also ton a lot of stock.”
- And dani combined the Ice Mountain with the DiGiorno deal: “I bought 3 cases and 3 Digiorno pizzas (thin) to get to the Nestle Buy $20, Save $5 sale. Used 3 – .75 coupon and 3- 1.00 coupon. got back $2 cat for digiorno pizza and 2.25 cat for water. so, total 6.55. good deal.”
- From Michelle b on the Ice Mountain deal: “If you buy 12, $5 comes off instantly on the Nestlé deal ($5 off instant when you spend $20) Use 12 qs and get the 2.25 Catalina. 3.75 for 12 packs of water.”
- Dawn comments on the free Propel deal: “i think they have the sizes wrong. we bought the regular propel water yesterday and they are 710 ml. i didn’t see the fitness water at all at meijer but maybe we missed it. there was a deal on gatorade that if you bought 2 8-packs of gatorade you got 3 750ml bottles of propel for free but we couldn’t find the 750ml bottles……they gave us the 710ml bottles instead for free……weird!”
- Sabrina doesn’t recommend it: “I bought 11 of the giant bottles of the Propel Electrolyte water to bring to an outside concert at Millenium park. The water tastes terrible and even though it was close to 100 that day, everyone that came with preferred to drink from the nasty water fountains that were providing hot water rather than drink the Propel water. To me it sort of tasted like a flavorless Gatorade, salty with a slimy mouth feel.”
- Lori asks: “Anybody know of a Highlights Magazine deal? My dd wants this for her bday and I can’t find a deal on it.” I know it’s not much, but here’s a $5 off offer: http://bit.ly/1PVVueH — anyone else?
- And jane has a question: “Can anyone recommend a book for kids how save and use money wisely. Would like to get for my nephew”
- From Like2save: “Like feelgood, I discovered that SavingStar is not crediting my account properly. It seems to be happening at all stores, including receipt submission stores, not just Jewel. I contacted customer service on several occasions. By the way, customer service responds within 5-10 BUSINESS days.”
- Shandelle is also having issues: “I hate the stores in Ibotta the require a card. It almost never works. Over the weekend I wasted so much time in an email going back and forth with one of their reps who was refusing to give me credit and passing off my complaints as “feedback” – um, no, your system is broken and I have proof I bought this item; this isn’t “feedback” !! I never used to have problems with Savings Star crediting my stuff. But lately it’s been a small problem here and there. When Jewel did the free Nature Valley nut bars a couple weeks ago, there was also a coupon for $.75 off a box on Savings Star. It never applied. But maybe it was because it came through as $0 and somehow their system didn’t realize I “bought” it. Their customer service fixed it no questions asked and they almost always do. I’ve had a lot of the produce offers not credit and they just give me credit without even putting up a fight. The problem is their service is soooo slow now. They take upwards to 15 days to get back to you now. Wonder why they don’t just hire more people?!”
- On the Dry Erase planning board, Melissa comments: “I use one !! Love it!“
- John W shares: “The Evanston store’s prices are similar this week, although it has a $10 off $50 coupon instead of $10 off $75. There is an extra 2-page spread in the Evanston ad with a few deals: Shish Kabobs, $2.99/lb limit 6. Whole catfish $1.99/lb. Focaccia bread, 99 cents. Dutch Farms chicken kievs, 67 cents. Imported Parmigiano Reggiano, $8.99/lb. Eggland’s Best organic large eggs, $2.77. Wrapped candy, 99 cents/lb. Valli is also giving away a back-to-school gift basket at each location, entry here: https://www.facebook.com/valliproduce?app_data=%7B%7D&v=app_190076381016644.”
Amazon Prime Members only can pick up six bottles of Method foaming hand wash for only $12 shipped! Clip the 15% off coupon on the page and check out with subscribe & save for this price, which works out to $2.00 a bottle.
Prices on Amazon often change quickly. You need to be logged in to clip coupons, which are limit one per account and will come off just the first shipment. You can cancel subscribe & save or skip a shipment at any time. You get 5% off and free shipping with subscribe & save, which increases to 15% off if you have five subscriptions on the same day/month.
- For more about coupons & subscribe & save, see the guide here.
- Be sure to check out all of our great Amazon deals!