Reader deals 9/27/16: Here are some of the deals, heads up, and requests you shared recently — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
- Email Rachel: [email protected]
- Comment below, or on any post where it seems to fit.
- Post on the Mashup Mom Facebook page or in the Hot Deals group.
- If you’re looking for the sale chuck roast at ALDI through today, a heads up from jolynn: “I stopped into Aldi today looking for the roast and the spot was empty. An employee told me they are having trouble with their supplier and don’t expect any more to be delivered before the sale ends.”
Food 4 Less
- Susie shares: “I asked one of the cashiers at food4less if they take expired coupons and she said yes. I asked how many days and she replied “6 months”. I have yet too try but this is what the cashier said. This was in the Chicagoland area F4L.” This is not in their official coupon policy — ymmv but apparently some stores do.
- Kitty shares the above photo of Allan candy on sale for $1.00 each through 11/6, and look for $1.00/2 peelies on the packages to make them $.50.
- From Julie B.: “Couple good finds at Jewel today. Ludens cough drops are on sale for 1.00. There are 1.00/2 peelie coupons on them making them $.50 each. Puffs are also $1.00 , we got $.50/1 coupon in PG this week making them $.50 each.”
- Joanne asks: “does anyone know the code word this week for the jewelscoregreatdeals.com promo? TIA”
- aka K comments: “I think tomorrow [today 9/27] is the last day for the free Organics bag with purchase of an Organics product at Jewel. At one store they even had Kraft & Organics cheese for $1 (one was close to expiration but the others weren’t for another couple of months). A coupon printed out for Idahoan Potatos that I got for fully loaded nacho mashed potatoes on clearance .45 (I think it was $1 off 2).”
- Christian asks: “Free Organics bag?” I haven’t seen anything about this either — anyone?
- Jane comments on the today-only Tyson breaded chicken offer: “I printed up the squares board after the game last night to see the scores and the new deal. It is a huge ink waster and only good this week! It is EXACTLY: $3 off Tyson Breaded Chicken 25.5-32 oz. I do not know the price before the discount however.”
- And on that same chicken, rifat found: “Almost all are $5.99. There is a Fun Size coupon (8/14SS) for $1.00. I paid $1.99 + tax.”
- Jane replies: “Thanks for the deal idea, I just got a bag of the fun shapes for the same price you paid. Plus, I had a Catalina coupon from Jewel the other day for a FREE Starbucks Refreshers w/ coconut and a can of O-Organics chili beans for FREE using that coupon. This week they knew NOTHING about the Football Squares deal and we made the mistake of not going to one of my favorite checkers. At first she accused me of making a copy of the Organics coupon (it still does not scan in) and then the Starbucks coupon also did not scan and then they said I needed a “code” to get the Tyson discount. I even showed them my printed board and I circled the square. After much scrambling around with various managers they produced the paper with the bar code to scan in, as I told them they did the week prior. This is week 3, so you’d think they would have some clue by now about their own promos? I cannot wait until they have to give me a FREE Home Run Inn Pizza for FREE, that is one of the possible squares!!!”
- Now that Steve the Rooster has found his new home, Pam emails: “My older son Alex has a duck he has been caring for, for about 5-6 weeks. She/He is beautiful… She/He has just out grew their cage and my son needs to find em a good home. I’m asking if you could post something to see if anyone is interested.”
- And a question from Elizabeth: “Looking for a wireless charger for samsung galaxy note 5 if anyone has a good deal on it”
- San has a question on the high value Target Cartwhele meat offers: “Does anyone know how much the individually size portion Golden N Plump chicken breast range/cost.”
- And Kristin is wondering: “Anyone have octonauts at Rosemont coupon code for ticketmaster?”
- Fran replies to the question about spaghetti squash recipes: “Re: Spaghetti Squash recipes, here are some to try: http://www.skinnytaste.com/baked-spaghetti-squash-and-cheese/
http://healthyrecipesblogs.com/2013/08/11/spaghetti-squash-fritters/ And finally my favorite, which I serve at Thanksgiving each year:
http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/spaghetti-squash-casserole-ricotta-spinach (Note: I do add some feta cheese to this casserole as I think it adds alot of flavor. This is a very forgiving recipe in that you can add many other veggies or cheeses to the casserole to your own tastes) Enjoy!”
- And from BeckyG: “There’s a recipe from Rachel Ray, but she used actual spaghetti for it. I substituted spaghetti squash for the noodles and it came out great. The name of the recipe is That’s Shallota Flavor Spaghetti by Rachel Ray. You can find it very easily on the internet. I even think that I substituted red onion for the shallots.”