I received this Vitamix E310 Explorian Series Blender for free to review from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com). Compensation for this post was provided; however, all opinions here are my own.
When you think Vitamix, you might automatically think of smoothies — but these blenders are capable of making so much more! For instance, did you know that you can also use your Vitamix to make a fresh steaming hot batch of soup, in just a few minutes? The proof is in the pudding (OK, technically it’s in the soup…): Check out this Ten Minute Tomato Hummus Soup recipe I recently scratched up in my Vitamix.
You can have this classic comfort food on your table in less than ten minutes; it heats up right in the blender! This homemade tomato soup is also so much better (and better for you) than most condensed tomato soups, with just a few pantry ingredients and no HFCS or strange additives. Why not make yourself a quick batch in the same amount of time it would take you to heat up condensed?
A Mini Vitamix E310 Explorian Series Review
Feeding a family of four? Just double the recipe, and do a couple of batches. The Vitamix E310 Explorian Series blender has a 48 oz container that lets you blend medium batches for small family meals and fits nicely on your counter under cabinets — but you don’t want to overfill it. Trust me: It will start to spill out the top, so be aware of this if you’re used to their larger container sizes.
What else is cool about this compact and powerful little workhorse of a blender?
- Ten, count ’em, ten variable speeds for about any texture your heart desires. I went with the highest speed here to puree and heat up my soup, but you have choices.
- It also has a pulse feature — if your soup, for instance, features veggies and you want to add in a coarse veggie chop over a thick broth.
- A powerful 2 HP motor (trust me on this one — the cats went running…!).
- Self cleaning! Just add a drop of dish soap and some warm water, blend at the highest speed, and watch your Vitamix clean itself in 60 seconds or less.
- Full five year warranty that covers all parts, performance, labor, AND two-way shipping at no cost to you.
Vitamix is a family-owned American company (fourth generation!).
Plus, just look at how nicely the cord tucks away and clips right in underneath — I love that attention to detail, don’t you? I also love the squared container, since it’s a lot easier to scrape the very last drop of thick smoothies or soups out.
The Vitamix E310 Explorian Series Blender usually retails for $349.95, and you can purchase yours online at Amazon, Williams-Sonoma, or Bed Bath & Beyond, or in store or online at Macy’s, Best Buy, Sur La Table, or Crate & Barrel. Visit their site to find a retailer near you.
Ten Minute Tomato Hummus Soup From Your Vitamix
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 of a medium yellow onion, diced small
1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
1 oz cream cheese
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp basil
dash of cayenne
Sea salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
5 oz roasted red pepper hummus
14.5 oz oz can crushed tomatoes
1 cup vegetable broth
Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion and saute for about 3 minutes over medium heat or until softened, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and continue to saute for another 30 seconds.
Add the sauteed onion & garlic, cream cheese, spices, hummus, crushed tomatoes, and vegetable broth to your Vitamix container. Secure lid. Select Variable 1.
Turn your machine on, then slowly increase speed to Variable 10.
Blend for six minutes on Variable 10. Open your Vitamix carefully, taste soup, and adjust spice level if desired. Serve immediately.
Note: The super fast blades on the Vitamix tend to intensify flavors, so the seasonings have been reduced slightly from the original recipe.
Soup is such good food
This tomato hummus soup is just the perfect comfort food, either on its own or with grilled cheese — and it comes out so smooth and creamy in the Vitamix E310 Explorian Series!
Oh, and this Vitamix really is great for smoothies, too…
Just ask Mr. 11, who claimed it for his own watermelon smoothie creation the minute I finished making this soup. 🙂
Ten Minute Tomato Hummus Soup From Your Vitamix, printable recipe
Ten Minute Tomato Hummus Soup From Your Vitamix
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat until shimmering.
- Add onion and saute for about 3 minutes over medium heat or until softened, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and continue to saute for another 30 seconds.
- Add the sauteed onion & garlic, cream cheese, spices, hummus, crushed tomatoes, and vegetable broth to your Vitamix container.
- Secure lid. Select Variable 1.
- Turn your machine on, then slowly increase speed to Variable 10.
- Blend for six minutes on Variable 10.
- Open your Vitamix carefully, taste soup, and adjust spice level if desired. Serve immediately.