I’ve been keeping a running list of free offers for healthcare workers and first responders over in the deals group on Facebook for the past few weeks. I thought it might be useful to compile those that are still current, and have also added a number of new freebies today.
Freebies for health care workers and/or first responders
If you spot anything to add to this list, please comment here!
Various restaurants & manufacturers are offering meals or free food items for health care workers and/or front line responders; often with valid ID. See the details on each.
- Free tall brewed coffee at Starbucks for front line responders through May 3, 2020 (scroll down to March 25 update to see details)
- Circle K is offering free coffee, tea, and polar pop to frontline store employees, first responders, and health care workers (note that offer may vary in different markets)
- Free hot or iced coffee at Cumberland Farms for healthcare workers, first responders, and military personnel
- Give an essential worker you know a free Snickers (looks like it comes in the form of a $1.00 Walmart eGift card via text)
- McDonald’s is offering first responders and health care workers free Thank You meals through 5/5/2020 (valid ID required)
- Free small combo meal at company owned Checkers & Rally’s nationwide to health care workers & first responders dressed in uniform. (Employees also receive a free small combo on days they work.) Doesn’t say how long it runs.
- Nando’s Peri-Peri chicken is providing free meals to anyone with a valid hospital ID through May 3 2020
- Through April 30, healthcare workers and EMTs can show work ID at the White Castle drive through to get a free combo meal or breakfast combo
- Free coffee at Wawa for all health care workers and first responders
- Free FITCRUNCH snack bars for health care workers (nominate someone you know)
- Free dozen original glazed donuts at Krispy Kreme for health care workers every Monday through National Nurses week (ends May 12), at the drive through with badge
- At the few Delta Sonic with Brick Oven, doctors, nurses, EMTs, fire fighters, and police officers with valid ID eat free
- Free Bojangles iced tea for healthcare workers, first responders, and law enforcement through June 10
A few non-food products for frontline workers, too:
- Frontline workers can request free ear savers for masks here
- BP is offering $.50 off a gallon on two fill ups for first responders, nurses, and hospital workers
- Free piece of foundation to doctors, nurses, & medical workers from Universal Standard (must email a photo of your healthcare ID)
- Free pair of Crocs for health care workers, open for new requests every day at 11AM Central
Free services for health care professionals and frontline responders:
- Free Samsung phone repairs or Google Pixel phone repairs for first responders and healthcare professionals through 6/30/2020
- Free 30 minute Lyft scooter trips for first responder, healthcare and transit workers in select cities
- Free four month BJ’s membership for first responders and healthcare workers with badge, and dedicated shopping hours from 8-9AM every Sunday (no membership required)
- Care.com is offering one month free premium access for frontline workers
- Sittercity is offering three free months of Sittercity premium to essential frontline personnel
- Free will-based estate plan for U.S. healthcare professionals from trust & will
- Free rooms at Red Roof Inn to first responders who need to self-quarantine away from their families — limited availability; call participating hotels directly
- Free access to the Headspace Plus app through 2020 for U.S. healthcare professionals who work in public health settings. Redeem with your NPI number or appropriate documentation.
- Well — this is a new one. “The Chippendales will offer free virtual parties for healthcare workers and first responders during the shutdown. If you purchased a ticket to a Chippendales show postponed by the pandemic, you can also get a free virtual party.”
- Free oil changes and enhanced vehicle cleaning services for U.S. health care workers at participating Mazda dealers nationwide (not just Mazda owners, most makes & models)
- Eligible nurses & physicians: Three free months of service for your smartphone or tablet with a FirstNet mobile responder plan from AT&T
- Free laundry service for front line responders from Tide Cleaners in participating select cities
- CD One Price Cleaners “is offering 20 LBS of FREE Wash & Fold Laundry every week through the end of April for healthcare workers, police, firefighters & EMT’s who are helping to support the communities we serve”
- Wyndham Rewards is offering a free gold membership upgrade to all essential workers. “This includes truck drivers, delivery drivers, warehouse workers, construction workers, sanitation workers, grocery associates, healthcare workers, and more. Simply sign in below and describe your job as an essential worker to receive your upgrade.”