Here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 9/10/17: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
Did you catch this one?
Here are five things I wish ALDI carried regularly (but they don’t!). What’s on your list?
But back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful.
ALDI meal planning week of 9/10/17 – 9/16/17
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 9/10/17
- Sunday: Bacon wrapped pork tenderloin (special meat buy this week, pre-wrapped!) with oven roasted red potatoes. To make this: Toss 2 lbs diced red potatoes with olive oil, sea salt, pepper, rosemary, and minced garlic to taste and bake in the same pan with pork at 425 degrees for about 30 minutes or until pork is to temperature. Let pork sit tented with foil for about 10 minutes before slicing, while continuing to roast potatoes until tender. On the side: Skinny Greek veggie dip (omit feta; if you don’t have Greek seasoning substitute a little sea salt, oregano, & parsley to taste) with cut up carrots and yellow bell pepper, plus green grapes,
- Monday: Summer squash + tomato frittata (shred up the whole block of cheddar & use half tonight, the rest is for Tuesday’s dinner). On the side, sliced mangoes and toasted English muffins.
- Tuesday: Low carb chipotle turkey tacos topped with shredded cheddar, sour cream, and avocado. On the side: Green grapes.
- Wednesday: Summer squash Parmesan pasta + turkey meatballs. Side: Garlic bread, sliced oranges.
- Thursday: Yogurt marinated chicken drumsticks. On the side: Crash potatoes (after boiling, bake for the last 20 minutes in the oven with the drumsticks to account for slightly lower cooking temp), plus leftover summer squash Parmesan pasta, cold as a pasta salad (no meatballs, lol).
- Friday: Baked lemon garlic tilapia (substitute a little dried parsley for fresh) and any leftover crash potatoes along with orange slices, plus chop up the rest of your romaine, any leftover carrots from Sunday, and the rest of your Roma tomatoes as a side salad with just the lemon-garlic dressing portion of this recipe.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake deli pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 9/9/17
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen eggs, $.79
Friendly Farms sour cream, $1.19
8 oz Happy Farms block cheddar, $1.89
5 oz Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
32 oz Friendly Farms plain Greek yogurt, $3.49
L’Oven Fresh English muffins, $.79
Pueblo Lindo chipotles in adobo, $.99
8 oz can Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.25
12 oz Reggano farfalle, $.79
L’Oven Fresh garlic bread, $1.79
Three pounds Jennie-O ground turkey, $5.99
3 lbs chicken drumsticks, $2.97
1.25 lbs bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin, $6.24
1 lb Sea Queen frozen tilapia, $3.39
2 lbs lemons, $1.79
2 lbs green grapes, $1.58
2 mangoes, $1.38
24 oz summer squash, $1.69
24 oz zucchini, $1.79
1 lb Roma tomatoes, $.99
1 pint grape tomatoes, $1.99
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.99
3 heads garlic, $1.19
Three pack multi-colored bell peppers, $3.79
Three pack hearts of Romaine, $1.99
5 lb red potatoes, $2.99
1 avocado, $1.29
3 lb navel oranges, $2.19
2 lbs carrots, $1.19
That comes to $60.38.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning.
Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 9/3-9/9 in Sunday ad markets and 9/6-9/12 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 9/6/17 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 9/10/17.
Can’t get enough ALDI savings?
If you enjoy these ALDI meal plans and savings, you might also enjoy my eBook: Almost All ALDI: Shopping and Meal Planning Around Sales and Seasons.
Stay in the loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- And if you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well? 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!