It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 3/3/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday!
ALL-DI news that’s fit to eat
Before you get started meal planning this week, let’s just quickly bop on over to sister site Almost All ALDI for a few updates. Because:
- The BEST ALDI lunch! (And, the baguettes are now non-GMO verified?)
- Favorite ALDI Finds this week, including single serve coffee, cheap furnace filters, and a carbon monoxide detector.
- Is ALDI trolling you inside their own stores?
But now, let’s get back to the ALDI menu plan you’ve all been waiting for…
ALDI meal planning week of 3/3/19 – 3/9/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
There was a little extra room in this week’s budget, though, so we’re picking up butter and Dijon mustard to use in this week’s recipes — and to help replenish your pantry. 🙂
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 3/3/19
Note: It worked out that the chicken meals are separated here. You should portion out and freeze the rest of the pack of chicken on Sunday & thaw as needed, instead of keeping it open and refrigerated all week.
- Sunday: Chicken potato pizza bake. On the side, simple sauteed spinach (add a tiny splash of lime juice if you like) + oranges and grapes.
- Monday: Roasted asparagus grilled cheese sandwiches, pineapple, blue corn tortilla chips.
- Tuesday: Easy spice rubbed fish tacos on corn tortillas (substitute pollock for tilapia) served with sour cream, a little chopped onion, one chopped avocado, two chopped Roma tomatoes, & extra lime wedges. On the side, not-so-dumb salad with cucumbers (use the grape tomatoes) and oranges. Also serve any leftover blue corn tortilla chips.
- Wednesday: Sheet pan Parmesan chicken thighs & green beans. Also snap off the woody ends of the rest of your open pack of asparagus, toss in olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, & crushed red pepper to taste, and start that going on a separate baking sheet about 10 minutes into the chicken’s cooking time (depending on thickness). On the side: 15 minute garlic butter mushrooms.
- Thursday: Creamy avocado pasta with chicken, make garlic bread with the rest of your sourdough, and have garden salad topped with mini cucumbers (sliced), your last Roma tomato (chopped), & a little chopped pepperoni.
- Friday: Pollock & asparagus packets (substitute pollock for flounder; lime for lemon), plus baked potatoes topped with butter, green onions, & sour cream. Start the potatoes baking at 400 degrees about 45 minutes before you put the fish in the oven.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 3/2/19
Dairy & refrigerated
Happy Farms sour cream, $.99
Countryside Creamery 16 oz butter quarters, $3.14
8 oz Happy Farms brick mozzarella, $1.99
8 oz Happy Farms deli sliced Havarti, $2.29
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Specially Selected sourdough square, $2.89
Burman’s dijon mustard, $1.49
SimplyNature organic blue corn tortilla chips, $1.89
12 oz Reggano rotini, $.79
El Milagro corn tortillas, $.35
Can Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.89
8 oz can Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.29
Casa Mamita diced tomatoes with green chilies, $.65
Stonemill 8 oz minced garlic in water, $1.79
Mama Cozzi 6 oz pepperoni, $2.19
3.25 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, $4.84
32 oz Fremont Fish Market value pack pollock fillets, $4.99
4 lbs navel oranges, $1.99
1 lb green grapes, $.99
1 lb limes, $1.89
Garden salad, $.89
8 oz bag spinach, $1.19
1 lb green beans, $1.39
Two 8 oz mushrooms, $3.18
2 lbs asparagus, $2.98
1 lb mini cucumbers, $1.49
Bunch green onions, $.99
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.69
5 lbs baking potatoes, $2.49
3 Roma tomatoes, $.60
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.99
4 avocados, $1.98
That comes to $60.77.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 2.24-3/2 in Sunday ad markets, and 2/27-3/5 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 2/27/19 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 3/3/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.