It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 2/3/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday!
Mashup Mom is TEN YEARS OLD — Let’s give away an ALDI Gift Card and Launch a New Site!
Mashup Mom turned ten on January 28, 2019! Yes, I’m now officially a double digits pre-teen, so let’s all celebrate:
- Come over to my 10th blogiversary post and enter for your chance to win a $50 ALDI gift card, and
- Be sure to check out my brand new Almost All ALDI site here! (Find many more things ALDI than can fit under the “real food meets real life” umbrella here at Mashup Mom.)
Happy birthday to me! And, I’m so glad that you are all here to keep me company along this journey. 🙂
ALDI meal planning week of 2/3/19 – 2/9/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
Note: This week is heavier on ground beef because the large 5 lb pack is on sale for the Big Game Sunday. If you don’t like to eat this much in one week; package and freeze some of it in 1 lb increments and substitute one of your own favorite recipes that evening.
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 2/3/19
- Sunday: Yogurt marinated chicken drumsticks. Serve these with red lentil “mashed potatoes” (be sure to add ALL the optional additions) and simple sauteed spinach.
- Monday: Slow cooker vegetarian chickpea lentil stew, served over cooked rice with lemon roasted cauliflower on the side (halve recipe; reserve the other half of the cauliflower for Friday).
- Tuesday: Easy beef enchilada pie (use 1.5 lbs ground beef). Serve topped with a little Greek yogurt (substituting for sour cream here) & green onions, along with lazy almost guac (mash up two avocados with a little lemon juice & sea salt to taste), and have a side salad made with half of the romaine & topped with half a cucumber, peeled & chopped, and a chopped Roma tomato.
- Wednesday: Gyros inspired pasta with Greek yogurt sauce (use 1.25 lbs ground beef to account for more shrinkage with higher fat content; top with green onions). Serve with salad made with the other half of the romaine, & topped with the rest of the cucumber & another chopped tomato, plus the baguette (you can mix a little olive oil with minced garlic, Italian seasoning, and crushed red pepper to taste if you want to dip this in).
- Thursday: Hamburgers (use 2.25 lbs ground beef) served on buns & topped with shredded cheddar, a couple sliced tomatoes, & sliced onion. On the side, potato chips and pineapple slices.
- Friday: Curried chicken skillet with cauliflower and rice. Serve with tomato cucumber salad (use 4 Roma tomatoes because they’re smaller, reduce onion & add a little olive oil if desired; see recipe comments).
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 2/2/19
Dairy & refrigerated
32 oz Friendly Farms plain whole milk Greek yogurt, $3.69
Happy Farms 12 oz shredded cheddar, $2.59
4 oz Happy Farms Preferred crumbled feta, $1.99
Specially Selected French baguette, $1.49
L’Oven Fresh hamburger buns, $.85
3 lbs Earthly Grains long grain white rice, $1.79
Clancy’s potato chips, $1.79
SimplyNature Organic 32 oz vegetable broth, $1.89
Chef’s Cupboard 32 oz chicken broth, $1.29
12 oz Reggano farfalle (bowtie pasta), $.79
El Milagro medium flour tortillas, $.95
Can Happy Harvest corn, $.49
28 oz can Happy Harvest crushed tomatoes, $1.19
6 oz can Happy Harvest tomato paste, $.39
2 cans Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.58
2 cans Dakota’s Pride chickpeas (garbanzo beans), $1.38
1 can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.69
Pueblo Lindo mild chopped green chiles, $.65
SimplyNature Organic 16 oz red split lentils, $2.29
3 lbs chicken drumsticks, $3.87
1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $3.44
5 lbs 73% lean ground beef, $7.45
2 lbs lemons, $3.09
Two bags 8 oz spinach, $2.38
3 heads romaine, $1.99
8 oz mushrooms, $1.69
2 cucumbers, $.98
Head of cauliflower, $2.29
Bunch green onions, $.99
3 heads garlic, $1.19
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.69
2 avocados, $.98
8 Roma tomatoes, $.79
That comes to $60.88.
Or, maybe less… These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
So I didn’t actually go to ALDI today to check prices, but instead used the latest prices I had for anything non-advertised — I figured negative 23 degrees without windchill in Chicago today was a pretty good excuse.
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 1/27-2/2 in Sunday ad markets, and 1/30-2/5 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were not collected on 1/30/19 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 2/3/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.