ALDI Finds for the week of 1/5/22 include vegan foods, organic lentils, cozy slippers, and organic grass-fed ground beef… plus so much more!
It’s Veganuary 2022, and ALDI is stepping up to the challenge with a number of new vegan Finds in store this week. Start with several of their own Earth Grown brand vegan products in the 1/5/22 ad, including:
- Earth Grown 8 oz tofu cubes in BBQ or sesame ginger, $3.29
- Earth Grown vegan salad dressing, $3.99
- Earth Grown mushroom risotto or lentil veggie burgers, $3.99
- Earth Grown meatless beef crumbles or chickenless strips, $3.49
- Earth Grown 2 pack Southwest chik’n or chik’n & pepper burritos, $3.99
ALDI’s Earth Grown ranch or Caesar vegan salad dressing can be found in the refrigerated section this week, and although they’re a bit pricey for the size of the bottle, I’ve heard good reviews of these in the past.
Note that the Earth Grown brand as a whole, though, includes both vegetarian and vegan products, though. Always be sure to check the labeling if you’re looking for specifically vegan items.
You’ll also Find a couple of name brand vegan products on shelves this week, including Kite Hill dairy free cream cheese at $5.89 per 8 oz container, and Tyson Raised & Rooted Nuggets at $4.29 per 8 oz bag.
Note that both advertised and unadvertised ALDI prices can vary by store and by region. But now, let’s talk about the rest of the top ALDI Finds for the week of 1/5/22. You’ll also Find some on 1/2/22 in Sunday ad markets, or if your store tends to put products out early.
Top ALDI Finds of the week
In no particular order, here are 10 more of my top ALDI food Finds, plus 15 top non-food Finds, all for the week of 1/5/22. (Oh, and: Lentils are back!)
Top ten food Finds this week
We’re still on the “healthier” food Finds trend this week, so here we go!
- Breakfast Best protein buttermilk & vanilla flavored waffles, $2.99
- Mama Cozzi’s roasted vegetable cauliflower crust pizza, $5.35
- Season’s Choice eggplant cutlets or fries, $4.49
- Season’s Choice zucchini or carrot spirals 12 oz, $2.99
- Simply Nature organic herbal tea bags 16 ct, $2.89
- Simply Nature fresh family pack organic grass-fed 85/15 ground beef, $4.49/lb (sold in a 4 lb pack)
- Power Up Omega or antioxidant trail mix, $4.95
- Simply Nature unsweetened cinnamon or strawberry banana applesauce cups 6 pack, $1.79
- Earthly Grains red or white quinoa, $2.59
- Stonemill stir-in pastes, $1.99
It’s hard to find unsweetened applesauce at a decent price, and the cinnamon cups have always been a hit over here.
And for those of you who like wellness teas, my store had organic detox, sleep, and immunity varieties out yesterday.
The Stonemill stir-in pastes come in basil, garlic, or ginger. I’ve been curious about these in the past, but hesitant to buy them because they have to be finished up so quickly once opened. Has anyone successfully tried freezing the remainder of an open tube?
Bonus Food Find: Lentils are back!
Don’t lentils seem like something ALDI should stock regularly? But alas, no. They do occasionally have both organic and conventional lentils as a special buy, however, and this week you’ll see Simply Nature organic green or red split lentils in store at $2.29 per 16 oz bag.
Lentils are a great source of protein, iron, and fiber, and here are a few of my favorite lentil recipes to help take advantage of this week’s sale:
- Rustic mushroom lentil soup
- Slow cooker lentil & smoked sausage soup
- Vegetarian chipotle lentil tacos
- Vegetarian three bean & lentil chili
How do you like to use yours?
Top fifteen non-Food Finds this week
We have a little bit of everything represented in this week’s non-food Finds, from wellness items to cozy items. So, let’s dive right in:
- Hyacinth in a glass vase, $3.29
- Easy Home wall outlet ceramic space heater, $17.99
- Huntington Home art deco candle, $4.99
- Huntington Home 2-piece reversible bath rug set, $9.99
- Serra Ladies’ lambskin boots, $19.99
- Serra Ladies’ maternity sleepwear, $12.99
- Men’s or women’s memory foam slippers, $6.99
- Serra Ladies’ shawl wrap, $6.99
- Serra Ladies’ 2-pack turtlenecks, $14.99
- Lily & Dan children’s ankle boots, $12.99
- Elevation plant protein in chocolate or vanilla, $14.99
- Vital Proteins collagen peptides, $24.98
- Vitafusion Power Zinc 90 ct, $10.99, or L’il Critters/Vitafusion kids immune vitamins, $10.88
- Huntington Home essential oils, $4.99
- Easy Home multifunction 2-in-1 shower system, $19.99
Those name brand items such as Vitafusion are about the same price at ALDI as at Target, but maybe finding them here will at least save you a trip?
And the art deco candles are new and pretty! They have such a nice variety of candles.
Seasonal ALDI Finds
Now that all the seasonal holiday Finds are clearancing out of stores, some items for the new season are creeping back in. Yesterday I only spotted these Simply Nature green pea or black bean crisps at $1.69 a bag, but more should be moving onto shelves as last year’s items move out. I’ll keep posting them in the weekly Finds as I see them, and do let me know what you spot at your stores as well!
What’s Up with ALDI Finds?
What’s up with ALDI Finds? Well, these are limited time special buy items that are available in stores only while supplies last. So if you spot something you like, be sure to pick it up while you can.
- How to tell if something is a limited time special buy ALDI Find (from their in-store signage).
- See also: What is the ALDI Aisle of Shame?
Before shopping for new Finds this week, you might wish to visit the ALDI Finds product delays page. Because of ongoing shipping delays and materials shortages affecting ALDI and many other retailers, certain advertised products may not be available in all locations.
Finding the Finds
Where do you Find all of this week’s special buys?
- Check out the “ALDI Finds” and current weekly ad tabs (or mobile menu choices) on the ALDI site to window shop from home.
- If you’re planning an in-store shopping trip, use their online ad to help determine what you’ll grab and purchase if you do see it in the store.
Products mentioned in this post were either spotted in store or are from the ads starting 1/2/22 in Sunday ad markets, 1/5/22 in Wednesday ad markets. What caught your eye among this week’s ALDI Finds?