Here are some of the deals (and heads up!) YOU found recently — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
If you are sharing a deal from another site or an online coupon, please include the link. If you found a deal at a specific store, please include the location.
- *** Disclaimer: All of the deals below come straight from readers.
- Callie says: “I LOVE this flatiron!! I have had much much more expensive ones and this one blows them away! Also, its dual voltage so it works great when you are traveling overseas!”
- From peaches: “For those people here in their 20′s Henry Brockman is having a “Junior Citizen” sale at the Evanston farmer’s market,. For people betweeb the ages of 20-29 everything is 25% off. Everything at Henry’s stand is certified organic. He is in the back row at the very end. Here is a link to what Henry is bringing to the market tomorrow. www.blog.brockmanfamilyfarming.com He is also doing a free garlic tasting from 2:30-3:30 at Boltwood Restaurant at 804 Davis in Evanston where Lulu’s used to be. You get to sample all eight variates of garlic Henry is growing this summer, including a spicy Korean garlic. Both of these events take place on 7/26.
Food 4 Less
- Some coupons feelgood noticed: “Food4Less has some nice digital coupons to load this week: Kraft Shredded or Block Cheese save $1.50/1 Limit 5 exp. 8/3, Kraft 12 oz, American slices save $1.50/1 Limit 5 exp. 8/3, Kraft 8 oz soft cream cheese save $1.00/1 Limit 5 exp. 8/3″
- Heidi found: “Jewel currently has Liquid Downy on sale for $2.49. There will be a $5/3 Tide, Downy coupon coming in the 7/27 P&G. Will make for some cheap fabric softener!”
- On the eBay sun dresses, Joy on Facebook warns: “I would beware of ordering from them – 2,057 negatives in the last 12 months alone “
- Jane is wondering: “I just got my Hormel Freebie at Kroger but they don’t carry the Celeste pizza anymore. Anyone ever see them at Jewel?”
- Linda responds: “I just got a Celeste pizza at Jewel in Glen Ellyn on Roosevelt. They had cheese and sausage flavors.I still get strange looks from the Jewel cashiers who say I don’t need to use my preferred card. I tried to explain to my cashier today about my magical things that happen online when they scan it. She didn’t get it, but was fine with scanning my card. I usually just say “I get magical things online”, and they scan it with no problems. ;)” I am so thankful my store has a self-checkout! And I also found the pizza at Jewel, but not at Meijer.
- Valentina S. also found it: “Yes, got mine at Jewel at 7329 S Cass Ave, Darien, IL 60561. They have original and sausage varieties, $1.00 each.”
- One from karen: “Any good deals on 80/20 ground beef this week? I need lots.”
- Angie shares: “Baked Parmesan Zucchini has become a favorite here this summer. 4 Zucchini, quartered length wise, 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, 1/2 tsp dried thyme, 1/2 tsp dried oregano, 1/2 tsp dried basil, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 2 tblsp olive oil. Preheat oven to 350 coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Mix cheese and herbs in a bowl/bag, brush zucchini with olive oil. Coat zucchini with cheese mixture and place on cookie sheet. Bake until tender about 15 mins or until crisp and gold. I usually broil mine for the last 5 mins. Serve immediately.”
- One from Fran: “This recipe is from Allrecipes.com. I made it this past weekend (along with stuffed zucchini and grilled zucchini slices), and these are very good. The only thing I did different was after shredding the zucchini, I sprinkled it with salt and let it sit and drain for about 30 mins. This recipe looks to be very forgiving in that other veggies could be added based on whatever happens to be ripe in the garden at any given time Zucchini Patties“
- For your zucchini or any other use, Outlander says: “I saw somewhere that you should never buy a mandoline with a blade that’s straight across, and that the V blade is not that great either. They recommend angled blade. This is the one I have, just the older model (black and grey). It’s great.”
- Heather posts on Facebook: “You can also shed and freeze for baking later. Just freeze in portions for your favorite muffin/bread. There will be a lot of liquid when it thaws. Just dump it all in. Haven’t had any luck freezing and cooking. Too rubbery. But baking works.“
- Valentina S. reports on Purell: “Thank you, Rachel. I got mine at Willowbrook Target, 12 oz priced $2.49 (50% more free, Refreshing Aloe).”
- Lisa emails: “Just wanted to mention a deal I just stumbled upon. My son takes omeprazole everyday and we ran out. We usually buy it at sam’s but it was late so he just ran to walgreens to buy some. The 42 count walgreens brand is on sale this week buy one get one free ( 21.99) –nice enough BUT when he got home he had a catalina advertising a mail in rebate for $10. This offer is only through 7/26!! So after rebate we paid 11.99 for 84 pills.”
- Maureen found: “Whole Foods also has an online print $1/1 Organic Valley String Cheese to stack with the $1/1 Organic Valley MQ.”