Reader deals 5/20/15: Here are the deals, heads up, and requests you shared over the last 24 hours — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
- Email Rachel: [email protected]
- Comment below, or on any post where it seems to fit.
- Post on the Mashup Mom Facebook page.
*** If you are sharing a deal from another site or an online coupon, please include the link. If you found a deal at a specific store, please include the location.
Cut the cord
- Don responds to a question from yesterday: “HGTV is part of the base package on https://www.sling.com/ for $20 with several other channels – check that out”
- Samantha comments: “I did the Playtex deal today. I was able to use the B1G1, along with the $3 manufacturer, and the $2 store. Register never beeped. I also did the Pull-Ups deal (4 @ 8.99 -4x$2 manufacturer – $2/10 Huggies, which did beep, but they put it through)”
Food 4 Less
- Deal to look for from TracyS: “If you do the I can’t believe it’s not butter deal today, you get .50 for eggs in checkout 51 and .20 in ibotta. No guarantees checkout 51 will have the eggs deal tomorrow. Paid .32 for buttery spread and eggs!” Eggs is personalized; I don’t have it — check your own app.
- It’s late, but if you’re still out at Jewel buying pub burgers Cari suggests: “If you are buying the Sam Adames, look for coupons on the product for $2 off beef or grilling essentials when you buy a 12 pack ( or 2 six backs). Pair that up with the cheap pubs!!”
- From hollis: “The St Charles Jewel had Hormel pork back ribs Buy 1 Get 2 free. Now the vast majority of packages were priced $7.99/lb but some were priced@ $3.99/lb so I bought those packages which worked out to just a little over $1/lb. The pub burgers were packaged in quantities of 3 or 4 and the limit of 10 was posted on the signs by the burgers”
- Several of you have suggested getting a rain check if your Jewel is out of pub burgers tonight.
- On the HFCS I spotted in hamburger buns today, barb suggests: “Between acrilomide, hfc, and various other preservatives softeners and the fact that the carbs aren’t good for us either had me digging out our 2 bread machines again. 1 for gf 1 for regular and getting unbleached flours at the farmers market. Cheaper, healthier and who doesn’t love thr smell of bread rising and baking. We make and freeze once every 2 weeks buns bread. As far as couponing…deals for bread machines are really the only true break I see that you could get.”
- April asks about that one: “My bread in machine always comes out very hard and dense. I am not sure what am I doing wrong. I am following the recipes. Do you have any suggestions on how to improve the texture?”
- Kitty comments: “Re: meijer pet food deals. Be sure to check the mperks coupons. There are many that can be stacked for great deals. For example, $2 off $25 any cat food and treats; buy 40 get 10 free Friskies cans; 75c/6 cans any flavor Friskies cans; $2/3 Purina cat treats 5 oz+; and several for Purina dry foods and litter. Most of them should apply to the Purina spend $35 get $5 or spend $50 get $10 (either off or back ).”
Pete’s Fresh Market
- Charlotte shares that: “There’s a Pete’s market opening up in Darien. It seems to be in the old Kmart location.”
- A question from liz: “if you signed up for saffron emails..I got a coupon for 1.00 any product..there is also 1.00 back on saffron chickpeas from snap.. And .50 back from Ibottas ..anyone know where they are on sale? Or how much they run”
- Julie says: “the target pepsi sale price is 4/$10 when you buy 4. This works at the register as ringing up 4 at the regular price and then a store coupon for the difference in the regular price and sale price for every group of 4. You are correct that a 9th would be regular price.”
- And shirley verifies: “12 pack Pepsi is 4/$11 in my area. When I bought it a few months ago, it rang up sale price after the 4th one but it is different this time.”
- Kristin asks on Facebook: “Has anyone been able to find the Playtex Liners deal at Target? Not even a spot for them at my store. I am in the NW burbs. Thanks!”
- An addition from feelgood to the midweek deals: “For the Weight Watchers Smart Ones deal, the SavingStar Spend $40 get $10 back offer has returned, and it doesn’t expire until July 29th. It’s also “one-or-many”, so doing one deal of 12 would put you about half-way toward your $10 back!”
- BethP asks on the Horizon deal: “Are these crackers in the regular cracker aisle? I looked on target.com and it shows these in stock at my store but they weren’t in the regular cracker/cookie aisle…”
- And Karen asks: “I’ve checked two Target stores and can’t find the Horizon crackers. It’s frustrating. Anyone having luck finding these?”
- Nancy replies: “I found them in the aisle with the goldfish and other crackers, however the shelf was empty!”
- ElizabethF comments on the Horizon deal: “I did the deal three times, one cheddar and two peanut butter. Here is how they worked: 2 Cheddar Crackers at $3.49 each. 50% Off from Cartwheel came off first (now $1.74 each). The coupon “beeped” but my cashier pushed it right through at $4.29 off. This amount worked as a payment for the total bill. = overage of $0.81 (applied to other things). Did this twice: 2 PB Crackers at $3.49 each. The coupon went right through subtracting $3.49 from the total. But this is where it got interesting. The 50% off from Cartwheel only came off the one I paid for. The receipt shows one box at $1.74 (citing a Cartwheel discount) and the second box at $3.49 and the coupon listed directly below the box for -$3.49. This coupon was applied to the item NOT the total bill. =$1.74 for two boxes.”
- One more deal from Jessica on Facebook: “Target in crestwood clear conditioner $2.48. Buy 2 clear and 2 dove – use 4 – $2 = $7.74 with tax and get $5 got card = $2.74 for 4.”
- One from feelgood: “For anyone with American Express cards, go online and check your offers at the bottom of the page. Mine has: Spend $75 or more at Whole Foods Market, get $10 back.”