It’s been a few weeks since the last roundup, so let’s update the 2015 tax software deals. Additions? Please comment here.
File your simple taxes for free
If you just need free simple federal filing, you have choices!
- Free simple federal filing with TaxAct.
- H&R Block offers free simple federal filing, plus $9.99 state filing and a 5% refund bonus on top of your federal refund “to be used at over 15 retailers.”
- E-file offers free 1040EZ filing.
- E-file is offering 30% off with code SAVE30.
- Amazon has discounts on the various 2015 versions of H&R Block, plus they’ll add 10% to any part of your federal refund you take as an Amazon gift card. As always, Amazon prices and deals can change at any time and prices here are current as of the time and date of this post.
- Walmart has H&R Block Deluxe + State 2015 for $34.70 — and if you use at least $400 of your refund to purchase a Walmart gift card, they’ll tack an extra $50 onto it.
- Newegg has various editions of H&R Block tax software 50% off with code! (I’m not sure how long this runs, but look for the 50% off code offer on the page as shown above.)
- Target has select editions of TurboTax on sale for $10 off, plus get a free $5 gift card with purchase.
- Amazon is offering $20 off when you bundle TurboTax 2015 with Quicken 2016.
- Staples is offering $10 off select tax software titles. Check H&R Block software for a 10% refund bonus offer: “Get up to 10% Extra on top of your federal refund on a Staples gift card*” (see site for details).
- Office Depot | OfficeMax has various H&R Block software on sale, plus get up to an extra 10% on your federal refund when you apply it to an Office Depot gift card.
- Best Buy has select editions of H&R Block tax software on sale an extra $10 off.
- Best Buy has select editions of TurboTax on sale an extra $10 off. Plus, save $35 on select Quicken 2016 when you buy select TurboTax.
Also check your local Costco and Sam’s Club in store for discounts on tax software.