Some nice LEGO and DUPLO deals at Kmart tonight, all with free in store pickup or free shipping at $59. A few examples:
Cute stocking stuffer idea! These 8GB building block Flash drives are just $5.99 shipped when you use code DRIVE3 at checkout through 11/30.
NEW LEGO Minecraft sites are now out, and currently in stock on Amazon! Not really on sale, but we’re not necessarily going to see great sales on these if last year’s LEGO Minecraft sets were any indication — they kept selling out full price. Here’s what you can pick up:
- LEGO Minecraft: The Cave, $19.99
- LEGO Minecraft: Crafting Box, $49.99
- LEGO Minecraft: The Ender Dragon, $69.80
- LEGO Minecraft: The First Night, $39.99
- LEGO Minecraft: The Farm,$29.99
Note: These LEGO Minecraft sets are not scheduled for release on the LEGO site itself until 11/15, but most are available to order on Amazon now!
(Thanks, Penny Pinchin’ Mom)
At the free Toys R Us Bricktober build from 12-2 PM tomorrow 10/18, kids can build a LEGO bat signal!
OK, how cool is this LEGO Ideas Research Institute women scientists set? It’s currently on backorder on the LEGO site, but you can order now for $19.99 and it will ship in 30 days when in stock. They offer free shipping over $75.
The Research Institute has everything that you need to explore the world below, around and above us! Created by real-life geoscientist, Ellen Kooijman (alias:Alatariel), and selected by LEGO® Ideas members (formerly known as CUUSOO), this collection of scenes depicts three varied professions within the world of natural science. Help the paleontologist study the origin of dinosaurs with the magnifying glass, map the skies with the astronomer and her telescope, and assist the chemist as she carries out experiments in her lab. This set also includes building instructions, as well as a booklet containing information about the creator and an introduction to each of the professions featured in the set. There’s a whole world of exciting professions out there to explore – build and role play them to see if they suit you! Includes 3 minifigures: paleontologist, astronomer and a chemist.
- Includes paleontologist, astronomer and chemist minifigures
- Features paleontology, astronomy, and chemistry scenes on a 6×6 baseplate
- Paleontology scene features a dinosaur skeleton, microscope and a magnifying glass
- Astronomy scene features a telescope and a sky chart
- Chemistry scene features a cabinet, tools, bottles and flasks
- Discover new stars and planets through the telescope
- Study the dinosaur skeleton up close
- Concoct new formulas in the chemist’s lab
- Gives a great insight into the world of natural science
- Build the model voted for by LEGO® Ideas members
- Includes building instructions and booklet with information about the creator and professions featured in the set
- Each scene measures over 1” (5cm) high, 1” (4cm) wide and 1” (4cm) deep
Months after a girl took the company to task for its female toy figures, Lego has released the Research Institute, a play set created by a “real-life geophysicist, Ellen Kooijman,” the company says.
The set will let kids take on the roles of paleontologist, astronomer and chemist, using three female figures. It might also satisfy some of the demands set forth earlier this year by Charlotte Benjamin, a 7-year-old who to the company accusing its female characters of being boring.
“I love Legos,” Charlotte wrote. But, she continued, there aren’t enough girls — and the ones the company has made just “sit at home, go to the beach, and shop,” while the boy characters “saved people, had jobs, even swam with sharks!”
Should I be proud of myself or kind of appalled that I actually know what “spinjitzu” is? Grab this Neat-Oh LEGO Ninjago Battle Arena on a huge price drop down to just $8.02 on Amazon. 4.5 stars in 107 reviews, and available for free shipping with Prime or with a $35 order.
- A perfect toy and storage solution all in one
- Colorful, durable, wipe clean surface
- Sturdy, durable zippers
- Meets child safety standards
(Thanks, Couponing for 4)
Amazon has LEGO Minecraft: The Nether on sale for $28.35, eligible for Prime or free shipping at $35. Haven’t seen it go this low since the holidays!
Which is when Junior High Guy got his, lol
(Thanks, Couponing for 4)
Zulily has LEGO books, apparel, storage, toys and more for up to 50% off today! Choose from over 100 items at this sale. Zulily is having a weekend shipping special where you get free shipping on any additional order placed between now and Sunday at midnight (PST). So if you order here, any other order you place between now and Sunday will ship for free!
LEGO Legends of Chima Eagle’s Castle — $35.12 + free shipping! (Down from $69.99).
Amazon has a great deal on a LEGO City set! Get the LEGO City 60020 Cargo Truck Toy Building Set for $25.07. The regular price of this is $39.99 and it only dropped to this price a couple of times around the holidays. It could go up anytime!