Reader deals 5/29/15: Here are the deals, heads up, and requests you shared over the last 24 hours — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
- Email Rachel: [email protected]
- Comment below, or on any post where it seems to fit.
- Post on the Mashup Mom Facebook page.
*** If you are sharing a deal from another site or an online coupon, please include the link. If you found a deal at a specific store, please include the location.
- If you have had problems with the SavingStar Green Mountain rebate, try again. Lilly comments: “This is in response to Ally regarding the Green Mountain deal at Meijer. I had the same issue and emailed SavingStar Saturday night and received the following response today: Thanks for using SavingStar. I’m sorry if you’ve experienced a problem. We added several UPCs to this offer, and recommend that you try submitting your receipt again now. If you continue to experience a problem, please send me the UPC numbers from the product or products you had purchased and scans or photos of your full receipt. I will be able to use this information to look into this problem further and ensure that your account is properly credited. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please let me know if I can help you with anything else. I was able to scan all the UPCs without any problems! HTH!!”
- Linda recommends the Pheasant Run local getaway deal: “I love pheasant run!! Even though it’s only a few miles from my house, we stay there at least once a year, usually over spring break. Super fun and affordable!”
- Lisa, however, disagrees: “my husband and I stayed there 2 weeks ago: priceline “expressed deals” picked this one for us- $94. the rooms are old and kind of dumpy (for a 3 star hotel) but the pools are nice and there’s lots to walk around and look at (shops, comedy club, bar, outdoor fire pit) and the sunday brunch looked amazing. (not sure how the tower/golf rooms differ, but we weren’t overly impressed)”
- And Wendy has a great idea for how to use the cheap 3 section trunk organizer: “Ooooh! Or for picnic supplies for the summer! (not that I’ve ever forgotten the forks! Or plates. Or foil.)”
- On the Dickey’s BBQ Pit deal, Artie suggests: “Do not choose the beans as a side. They taste like they came straight from a can.”
- Artie recommends the $5 Friday pizzas: “All three are easily the best frozen pizzas of their types.”
- And from savinlikeu: “Love HRI Pizzas….been eating them since I was a little girl. And the bacardi deal made this trip even better! 6 small bottles=750ml 9.98 each 60 bucks…get 40 MIR…SAWEET! LOL 😉”
- Samantha adds: “Check your Ibotta. I have a $.30 on Any Brand Frozen Pizza!”
- One from peaches: “I have a pair of bookshelf stereo speakers new and still in the box that I have I had for sale on craigslist for a week. I paid $70 for them on Amazon, and currently they are $84. I am asking $50 for them OBO, and so far nobody has expressed an interest in them. Is there any other place I can post them that I would have better luck selling them? I know I could post them on ebay, but that means that I would have to ship them to somebody, which I would rather not do. Ia this just a bad time of year to sell something like that. Would I have better luck trying to sell them over the holidays? Any suggestions would be appreciated.”
- Kari O. replies: “Try your local Facebook Online Garage Sale. I have had a lot of luck selling items on the Lake County one. Most of them have rules about creating an album first, but other than that it works seamlessly. I chose a public place to meet instead of giving out my house address for safety or your local police station encourages people do exchanges in their lobby too.”
- And SmartShopper concurs: “Go to Facebook and look up garage sale groups in your town/area. I’ve had excellent results! Most groups you have to request to join (free, of course) as they are closed groups. What I like about selling this way is I get to see what the person looks like before I meet them, utilizing their Facebook photos. Common terms used on the garage sale groups: PPU (per pick up), bump (you comment “bump” on your posting to put it back to the top of the list of items being sold, usually only allowed once in 24 hrs), and interested (you are interested in purchasing them item being sold). Hope this help you!”
- Jane is wondering if Mike’s Hard Lemonade is on sale anywhere — anyone spotted?
- Liz shares a deal on sunscreen with the 50% off Cartwheel offers: There is another deal to be had with the 50% off Cartwheel. There is a Banana Boat bonus pack that contains:
6oz (170g) Kids Lotion UltraMist Sunscreen SPF 50+
8FL OZ (236ml) Kids Lotion Sunscrenn SPF 50
.55oz (15.5g) Kids Stick Sunscreen SPF 50
It is the one in the cartwheel photo
UPC 0 79656 00821 0 DCPI 037111591 for $13.99
10FL OZ (296ml) Kids Lotion Sunscrenn SPF 50
UPC 0 79656 00788 6 DCPI 037111597 for $7.99
If you buy 2 select Banana Boat products you get a $5 Target GC back. Plus there were $1.00/1 peelies on these. So it looks like this
-$7.00 (50% off Cartwheel)
-$2.00 ($1.00/1 X 2 MFQ)
-$5.00 Target GC
= $7.98 net or $2.66 for the three larger items
- And from SoapboxTray: “There were peelies in Mundelein Super Target and I did try it with the lip protection Banana Boat and it didn’t trigger. I took them all off because I just wanted to see if it worked really to pass along info, I am so stocked from last year! :)”
- From jennyh on the birthday favor bubbles question: “I buy my kids wedding (favor) size bubbles at the dollar store. 8 for a dollar. I like them because most likely my 2 year old just dumps the solution out 10 minutes into blowing them anyway.”