Here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 4/23/17: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
Hope you find these free ALDI meal plans useful!
A quick aside…
Guess what… I wrote a book! If you enjoy these ALDI meal plans and savings, or if you ran across this week’s meal plan because you’re newer to ALDI, you might also enjoy Almost All ALDI: Shopping and Meal Planning Around Sales and Seasons. When you get a chance to read it, please drop a review on Amazon or comment and let me know what you think. 🙂
Now, back to our regularly scheduled meal plan:
Things to know about the free ALDI meal plans
A few notes before we get started:
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week! 🙂
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences or use the ideas here as a supplement to your own meal planning for the week.
- This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 4/16-4/22 in Sunday ad markets and 4/19-4/25 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 4/19/17 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but can vary by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 4/23/17.
So let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, for $60.00 out the door!
ALDI meal planning week of 4/23/17 – 4/29/17
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil and spices. Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 4/23/17
- Sunday: Slow cooker pork carnitas. Serve on corn tortillas with one bag of the guacamole, sour cream (reserve at least 1/2 cup for Tuesday’s recipe), shredded cheese, and lime wedges on the side. Side: Apple slices & orange wedges + pan-roasted corn. (Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add drained can of corn, 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp cumin, and a little minced garlic to taste, then cook over medium-high heat, stirring only occasionally, for about six minutes or until corn begins to brown.)
- Monday: Spinach mushroom frittata. Side: Sliced mangoes and 12 grain toast.
- Tuesday: Pulled pork enchiladas (substitute with regular salsa since ALDI doesn’t carry verde, and use all flour tortillas). Serve with the other bag of guacamole & lime wedges. Side: Apple slices & orange wedges
- Wednesday: Grilled chicken tenderloins (use 1.5 lbs chicken). Sides: Baby spinach salad, red grapes, and crash hot potatoes (use 2 lbs red potatoes).
- Thursday: Carnitas hash (double recipe, cook up 1 lb red potatoes, and substitute red bell for banana pepper). Sides: 12 grain toast, red grapes.
- Friday: Sheet pan chicken thighs with green beans & red potatoes (use bottled lemon juice if you don’t have a lemon on hand). Side: Quick tomato-cucumber salad with the grape tomatoes, diced cucumber, half a medium onion, sliced, a little red wine vinegar, olive oil, oregano, and salt & pepper to taste. Toss to coat.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night, eat out, or date night!
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 4/22/17
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen eggs, $.65
Little Salad Bar 2-pack guacamole, $2.99
Friendly Farms sour cream, $1.19
16 oz Friendly Farms mild shredded cheddar, $2.99
Happy Farms brick cream cheese, $1.29
El Milagro corn tortillas, $.33
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.85
Two cans Puebloe Lindo chopped green chiles, $1.30
SimplyNature organic black beans, $.89
SimplyNature organic salsa, $1.89
Specially Selected house vinaigrette, $1.89
L’Oven Fresh wide pan 12 grain bread, $1.49
Can of Happy Harvest whole kernel corn, $.48
Meat & seafood
7 lb Hormel pork butt roast, $11.83
3.5 lbs chicken thighs (8 thighs), $2.42
1.5 lb chicken tenderloins, $4.04
1 lb limes, $1.79
3 lb yellow onions, $1.69
One red bell pepper, $.89
5 lb red potatoes, $2.99
2 bags 5 oz SimplyNature organic baby spinach, $3.18
8 oz mushrooms, $1.29
1 lb green beans, $1.49
3 heads garlic, $1.19
Pint organic grape tomatoes, $1.49
3 lb Gala apples, $1.69
2 lb red grapes, $2.18
4 lb navel oranges, $1.89
2 mangoes, $.78
That comes to $59.55.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- And if you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well? 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!