Where else can you get a whole 18 piece nonstick cookware set for just $29.98 but Walmart, where you have your choice of black or red on this Mainstays cookware deal. Free in store pickup or free shipping at $50, and a great starter set for your college kid!
Heads up: Walmart has very quietly discontinued their local competitor ad match policy at an additional 300 stores as of August 1, 2016 — following their initial wave of 500 Walmart stores that stopped price matching back in June. They’re not choosing to release a list of the stores that will no longer ad match, so the only way to know if yours has stopped price matching is by seeing blue signs at the register as shown on the Consumerist article here.
Please comment here if your store is one of the now 800 total that has discontinued ad matching.
Reader deals 8/9/16: Here are some of the deals, heads up, and requests you shared recently — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
- Email Rachel: [email protected]
- Comment below, or on any post where it seems to fit.
- Post on the Mashup Mom Facebook page or in the Hot Deals group.
- Jane shares: “This was a real nice week for Dollar Tree and Kroger coupons. They still had some Cerave stretch marks cream left at my store, so FREE and the new Suave 75c/1 body lotion worked and scanned on the 10 oz. bottle of gold professionals lotions! I had printed up 2 $1/1 for those and got some FREE or the others only 25c from the inserts. And anyone shopping the Mega sale at Kroger this week, the Super Pretzels (both cheese and regulars) are both FREE with the new $1/1 coupons and there is also a new Saving Star 50c offer on 1. There are also coupons inside the boxes, so more cheap pretzels (either 75c/1 cheese or $1/2 regular pretzels) We also got a surprise $1/1 Country Crock and those are 99c as well on the Mega sale, so more FREE!!! My local paper only had 75c/1 and many in the Kroger Krazy area only got 50c/1 like they said we’d get.”
- Also from Jane: “https://www.facebook.com/familydollar/app/194975693850063/ Here is the link for the 3-$1 off 1 coupons in case they are still there? I already printed mine, so I cannot see. It’s worth a shot?” then updates: “I just got it to print on my crappy laptop. Scroll down to the gold Suave part where it says $3 in coupons to print. This is on Family Dollar’s Facebook page. It says “Family Dollar” on the coupon but it is a manufacture coupon and it scanned at Dollar Tree just fine. Hey, I think Dollar Tree actually bought Family Dollar last year if I am remembering correctly! The can of Suave lotion was only 6.5 ounces but the bottle was exactly 10 ounces. The insert coupon has the size restriction, and you will get those for 25c if your store has them but I just looked and this printable one does not!? Good Luck!”
- SoapboxTray comments on recent Dollar Tree finds: “Found some K-cup Campbells chicken soup at our and the organic chicken and stars (bought 4, would be nice to have coupons but still a good deal), for $1 I thought I would have the kids try the k-cup soup they will get a kick out of it… haven’t tried before. Ours only had 1 webkins style, the platypus (I think that is what it was). 🙂”
- Joanne asks: “I want to have a garage sale and I don’t know where to post it online. does anyone list it in the newspapers anymore? I’ve been told that to put a garage sale on Facebook – you have to be invited? is this true? I’d like my sale to be successful – any advice?” I’d post on Craigslist, Bookoo, Yardsales.net — and then if you are a member of any local mom’s groups on Facebook, most of them allow garage sale posts.
- SoapboxTray responds: “JOANNE: There are a few good facebook groups I like for garage sales Mchenry and Lake County Garage Sale or one LAKE COUNTY IL GARAGE SALES check your county on facebook and see how many people are a part of it. I had an actual garage sale but posted some items on that site, it is a group so you have to join and that may take time depending on the administrator, as well as posting items, do it the day before or earlier than your actual sale and a lot of my items were either sold through the site and people would come and pickup on the day of my sale or they came to the sale to purchase from the facebook group. I bought a few things through here as well as sold and good outcome so far for all, but watch out for the drama 😉”
- Sandra posted on yesterday’s deal (now over): “I have to give a warning about the cheap Kindle Fires. I bought a bundle of six of them on a deal before Christmas and only 2 of them still work. We didn’t mistreat them. My husband and mine are two of the ones that stopped working. I barely used mine. I have two other more expensive Kindle Fires that I’ve had for a long time that work just fine. So, I don’t believe 2/3 of them not working shortly after the guarantee ends is just bad luck on our part. These cheap ones must have something wrong with them. I definitely wouldn’t recommend one.”
- But Kristina replies: “Maybe you got a bad batch. We bought two for Christmas presents this past Christmas and they’re still working fine. *knock on wood* If you bought them through Amazon, chat with them. They’re usually super good with replacing Kindles that are purchased through them.”
- As does christine: “I agree with Kristina. I bought one for myself around Christmas time and I love my Kindle. 2 of my kids also have kindles. I have to say one is 4 years old and going strong. My son abuses his and it is over a year old. Now, I recently bought my husband one; all is going well. I highly suggest contacting amazon. They are super accommodating when it comes to replacements.”
- Kitty shares the above Jell-O Catalina alert: Buy refrigerated Jell-O gelatin or pudding between 8/8/16 – 9/4/16: Buy two, get $1.00 OYNO. Buy three, get $1.50 OYNO. Buy four or more, get $2.00 OYNO.
- From kitty: “On the back of the Meijer ad is a coupon for $25 off of a shopping trip with a TRANSFERRED prescription. It’s expires 10/22 and has the usual exclusions.”
- Also from kitty: “Good deal on Friskies 5.5 oz canned cat food at Meijer. It’s regularly priced at 49c. If you use the Target $5/30 cans q in the 8/7 ss, you’d get 30 cans for $9.70 ($14.70-$5), or 32c each. The small size Friskies Party Mix is $1. Using the $2/3 Target q in the 8/7SS. Just buy 3 and they’re 3/$1.”
- In response to the earlier question about the Dory Plush rebate, juli answers: “I received my Dory plush today in mail from Natures Harvest. It came in a small cardboard box. No sign of my envelope that I used to mail in the offer. Delivered from US post office. Return address “program awards center.””
- Feelgood asks: “I never got the $1 from SavingStar for Tiny Toast, either. Anyone else get it?”
- Christian replies: “Negative on that…”
- A heads up from Marvin on the Disney Infinity 3.0 deal that: “Not really surprising since Disney has discontinued Disney Infinity and will be shutting down the online aspects of it on Sept 30th. We should be seeing retailers clearance their Disney Infinity stock in the next couple months. http://www.disneyinteractive.com/blog/update-disney-infinity/“
Walmart has dropped the price on the Disney Infinity 3.0 starter pack (multiple platforms) down to just $19.88! Free in store pickup or free shipping at $50.
A number of the Disney Infinity 3.0 figures are also on rollback, starting as low as $4.96 with free in store pickup.
If you are looking for an affordable microwave for your back-to-school college student or a smaller microwave for yourself, I have you covered today! Check out this fantastic price on a Hamilton Beach .7 cu ft microwave, which is available at Walmart in red, black, or gray for just $29.88. Choose free in store pickup to avoid shipping charges, and be sure to read the reviews — unlike most sale or cheap microwaves, this one has good ones.
Walmart has posted a school supplies deals ad good 7/29/16 – 8/13/16. Prices may vary by location, so be sure to change locations to your own store. Here are the top Walmart school supplies deals I see:
- 24 ct Crayola crayons, $.50.
- Composition books, $.50.
- 1″ durable binder, $1.92.
- 20 ct #2 wooden pencils, $.97.
- Crayola broad or fine line markers, $.97.
- Crayola 12 ct colored pencils, $.97.
- 2 pack Casemate pink erasers, $.48.
- Cra-Z-Art 24 ct crayons, $.25.
- 150 sheet filler paper, $.82.
- Pencil box, $.97.
- Elmer’s glue sticks, $.25 each.
- 1″ economy binder, $.97.
- 5 tab dividers with pockets, $.88.
- Paper mate Write Bros. stick pens 10 ct, $.97.
- $.55/1 in the 7/31 SS.
- 1 subject notebooks, $.17.
- 3 prong folder, $.50.
- 2 pocket portfolio, $.50.
- TI-83 Plus, $88.00.
- TI-84 Plus, $88.00.
- TI-84 Plus CE, $88.00.
- Exceed Plus 100 sheet notebook, $1.97.
- 24 ct Ticonderoga pencils, $4.96.
- 400 sheet Georgia Pacific multipurpose paper, $2.50.
- 216 sheet Pacon 9″x12″ construction paper, $4.24.
- Mead Five Star 5 subject notebook, $4.74, or 3 subject, $3.74.
- Use $1.00/2 in the 7/31 SS.
- Bic Mechanical pencils 12 pack, $1.46.
- Use $2.00/2 in the 6/26 SS.
- Large Dome backpack, $4.97.
- Character backpack, $9.88.
- Eastsport backpack, $14.88.
- Sharpie 5 pack chisel tip highlighters, $2.24.
- 5 pack Expo chisel tip dry erase markers, $3.47.
- SanDisk 16GB flash drive, $4.97.
Reader deals 7/31/16: Here are some of the deals, heads up, and requests you shared recently — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
- Email Rachel: [email protected]
- Comment below, or on any post where it seems to fit.
- Post on the Mashup Mom Facebook page.
Back to school
- Maria S. found: “WGN TV is holding a Back to School Fair on Friday, August 5th from 6-9am at the WGN studios located at 2501 W. Bradley Place in Chicago. For more info: http://wgntv.com/wgn-tv-kids-fair/“
- Jackie shares: “jewel by me (dyer) also had lots of clearance gum last night! Trident cups were .98 lots of other kids were .24. Airhead candies, hersheys turtles, rolos and a few others were all .29 cents. Also saw pumpkin spice and cake batter chapstick brand chapstick for .25”
- Jane comments: “I see MyMixx has BOGO Blue Bunny ice cream novelties which expires 7-31. I am going to go get that w/ the free salad!”
- Also from Jane: “Check your Ibotta for the bananas, I have corn, strawberries and bananas. I just got back from Jewel and got the BOGO Blue Bunny ice cream sandwiches PLUS found the FREE coupon from the past Big Book (in my purse stash!) for the ice cream when you buy the novelties. So for $3.50, I got all 3! I forgot to get the bacon and they were out of bulk spinach. Hopefully I can get those tomorrow. My BLT”s are calling me, I have had about 20 ripe tomatoes!”
- A find from feelgood: “There’s a Klondike bars $1.00/2 mPerks to clip, brings them down to $1.49 each.”
Office Depot | OfficeMax
- Susie says: “An extra 25% off at Office Depot/office max for teachers as part of Teacher appreciation days. Even good on sale items and penny deals”
- Laurac has a request: “Please help me with finding cheap beer deals over the next 3 weeks. I’m looking for cheap Miller Lite, Bud Light or Coors light. This is for my brothers benefit that has turned into a memorial as cancer sucks. I don’t buy beer and have been told we are targeting prices that are $15 for a case and lower.”
- Susie asks: “On a separate note, I have 4 kids in school and they all need paper towels for school. They need anywhere from 3-6 rolls each. Do you guys usually send in the individually wrapped rolls or separate them from bigger packages or send in the 6 pack”
- Heads up from Jane: “Last time I checked out at Walmart the checker told me they all plan on dropping price matching. He said he did not know when, but they are promoting Savings Catcher instead. Well naturally, that way you have to spend all your money at Walmart since they put it on a gift card! I figured all good things must come to an end. Target is a bit trickier to price match at, but still possible for the time being.”
Walmart has a square end table for $10. Shipping is free on a $50+ order or choose free store pickup. There are several color options for this table. Green, grey and black are $10, while the other colors are $17.38.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SaveOnChef #CollectiveBias
Mr. 9 does love these…
With the back to school season approaching, my family is looking for easy weeknight meal solutions. By spending less time in the kitchen, we can enjoy other after-school activities together. Now through August 29, 2016, each 14.5 to 15 ounce can of Chef Boyardee is on Rollback at Walmart for only $0.80! Purchase five cans for $4 in a variety of flavors that include: Mini Ravioli, Beefaroni, and Spaghetti and Meatballs. You can enjoy a week’s worth of quality meals at an affordable price.
Be sure when you stock up on Chef Boyardee at Walmart to look for the Chef Boyardee cans that feature NO artificial flavors, NO preservatives, and NO artificial colors. With quality ingredients since 1924, Chef Boyardee has been a pantry staple for many families.
While shopping at Walmart, be sure to look for the Rollback signs for Chef Boyardee in the Canned Food aisle!