Here is a new to me hotel rates site — Tingo, from TripAdvisor. Their site also says: After you book your hotel on Tingo, if you find a lower publicly available rate online for the same dates, hotel, and room category at any time up until hotel’s cancellation window, we will be happy to match the price and refund you the difference! I actually just booked a hotel yesterday through a competing site after searching everywhere I could think of to find the lowest rate, so searched it and found the same rate on Tingo — guess I should have just started there, lol.
Here are some Groupon getaway hotel packages that looked interesting…
First, the Buena Vista Palace hotel and spa is a kid friendly hotel near the Disney theme parks! Complimentary shuttle, three pools, and more. Stay for up to four with daily resort fee included starts at $83 a night.
As an official Walt Disney World® hotel, The Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa offers several theme-park perks to guests, including a complimentary shuttle to all four Disney Theme Parks and two Water Parks. The hotel is also located across the street from the shops and eateries of the Downtown Disney® area.
With the hotel’s onsite dining options, you can enjoy tropical drinks and snacks at Castaway Grill and Shipwreck Bar and pub fare at The Kook Sports Bar. On Sunday mornings, Disney characters make an appearance at the Watercress Café during breakfast. If theme parks don’t tucker out the little ones, the hotel has plenty to keep ’em occupied until bedtime: three heated outdoor pools, an arcade, a playground, and tennis, volleyball, and basketball courts.
Meanwhile, for the grownups, there’s the Kay Casperson Lifestyle Spa and Boutique, a 10,000-square-foot spa, salon, and fitness center. After a bit of pampering, retire to a 400-square-foot water-view guest room, where you can relax in front of the 32-inch flat-panel TV or venture out to the private balcony to rehearse scenes from Romeo and Juliet.
- Stay for two adults
- Two tickets to Shoreline’s Sightseeing Cruise Skyline Lake Tour
- Stay for two, with dates through November; up to two kids 12 or younger stay free
If you’re planning a Disney vacation, here’s a more affordable hotel option that’s still close to the parks! Groupon has a getaway deal going on the Best Western Premier Saratoga Resort Villages in Kissimee.
Stay for two in a two-bedroom villa with a $25 dining credit at Saratoga Tropical Grill and Bar
- Option 1: $179 for a two-night stay (up to a $303 value)
- Option 2: $239 for a three-night stay (up to a $442 value)
- Option 3: $359 for a five-night stay (up to a $720 value)
Book by: 3/8/13
Travel by: 5/31/13
Newly renovated in 2012, the Best Western Premier Saratoga Resort Villas are located within 15 minutes of Walt Disney World® and fewer than 10 miles from SeaWorld and Discovery Cove. The hotel’s complimentary shuttle service makes it easy to travel to Walt Disney World theme parks or Lake Buena Vista Factory Outlet Mall, and afterward you can take a relaxing dip in the property’s Mickey Mouse–shaped swimming pool. A handful of recreational facilities near the family-friendly villas includes a basketball court and a playground.
The hotel sits on 18 picturesque acres dotted with two-tier gazebos and waterways stocked with tropical fish. Tree-lined sidewalks connect guest buildings painted in shades of yellow, red, and orange. Inside, you’ll find two-bedroom villas outfitted with full kitchens and contemporary furnishings. For a grocery fee, you can place grocery orders with the hotel three days in advance to ensure that the refrigerator will be stocked with goodies upon your arrival. Living rooms and private waterfront balconies provide plenty of space to unwind, and flat-screen TVs in each bedroom and living room area offer 65 cable channels.
The centerpiece of the resort is a large outdoor swimming pool surrounded by umbrellas, trees, a hot tub, and a furnished lounge area. At the Saratoga Tropical Grill and Bar, you can use your $25 food-and-beverage credit to sample Floribbean-inspired seafood dishes and wash down a crispy bay-shrimp po’ boy with a tropical drink out on the patio.
Let’s round up a few travel deals today, if you’re looking at last-minute holiday travel or beyond.
* The $15.00 off offer is on our transaction service fees only. The discount varies based on the transaction service fees charged for that ticket, and the value of discount will be up to the amount of the service fees charged for that transaction or $15.00 per transaction – whichever is less. You must use the promo code at check out to redeem this offer. This offer may be revised or discontinued without notice.
Groupon has some really nice “Getaways” deals — check them all out here! Everywhere from Cancun to … downtown Chicago.
Last Minute Travel
Check out their Christmas & New Year’s Vacation Getaways — Save up to 40% on top hotel deals, and use code MERRY30 for $30 off a $350 or more hotel rooms purchase.
Groupon has Getaways… LivingSocial has… Escapes! Escape here.
Several sales going on!
- Winter hotel sale — save up to 50%. Plus, save 15% on select hotel stays with code HOLIDAY15.
- Holiday travel savings.
- Holiday hotel deals — save up to 50%.
- 20% off the Monte Carlo resort & Casino Las Vegas.
If you’re Disney-bound, check out a couple other Orland deals from Best of Orlando — including Universal Studios!
- Universal Orlando & Islands of Adventure — Buy 2 days, get 2 days FREE!
- Universal Studios Tickets: Buy 2 days, get 1 day free!
- Christmas Town at Busch Gardens — save over 15% on admission.
- LEGOLAND Christmas Bricktacular — Save over 15%!
And grab your FREE Disney Parks DVD, while you’re at it.
Save on student tickets:
- Save $10 off any STA exclusive ticket with a minimum base fare of $250 with code SNOWFLAKE.
- STA Travel Student Deals. Save up to 30% on Flights at statravel.com
Check TripMama to compare prices on air, hotel, more across several sites. Useful little tool!
I think you have to be signed up for Travelzoo for this one, which is a free travel deals newsletter and site. So do so above (or login if already signed up). Wait for your confirmation email (mine came in about 10 minutes), confirm, then… here’s the deal!
- Scroll down and look on the left-hand sidebar for “deals near me” near the bottom. Click there.
- Scroll through the deals (ooh, Medieval Times! no, let’s not get distracted) til you see John Hancock. This was on the bottom of page one for me.
- Click on that and it’s a $39 Top of the Hancock annual pass for TWO — which is 60% off the normal price. It would about cost you this much to go once, so a very good deal.
- You also get a $10 promotional credit! See below:
View Chicago from the 94th floor of the John Hancock Center, the city’s No. 1 Building according to Chicago Magazine. With this deal, John Hancock Observatory is offering its Sky High Annual Pass for $39, regularly $89, along with a special $10 promotional credit.
The Sky High Annual Pass allows the holder and a guest unlimited access to the Observatory for a full year, which includes views of four states and access to the city’s only open-air Skywalk. Use the promotional credit toward a cup of coffee or a cocktail at the Lavazza Espression cafe, a souvenir from either of their gift shops or bring your skates and go Skating in the Sky (starting Jan. 1).
This deal is great for people with regular Chicago visitors — visit with a guest just twice and you’ve already saved more than $30; take a different friend each weekend and you’ll save nearly $1800 on regular admission prices.
Travelzoo Tip: Request the special visitor parking validation upon arrival at the 94th floor — for $10, you can park at the Hancock for up to three hours and explore the Magnificent Mile after your trip to the Observatory. (Promotional credit not valid toward parking.)
Terms and Conditions
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Tuesday, Nov. 27, through Feb. 28, 2013. Must redeem pass by Feb. 28, 2013; $10 credit is redeemable until April 30, 2013. Gratuity and tax, if applicable, are not included. This deal cannot be combined with any other offer. Promotional credit must be used in 1 visit and transaction must exceed $10 prior to tax.
(Thanks, The Shopper’s Apprentice)
In case you need a vacation from shopping:
You and a guest will enjoy a three-day, two-night stay in any of 60 La Quinta Inns and Suites locations across the country. Strut down the Strip in Vegas, walk the waterfront in Seattle, or follow the Freedom Trail in Boston. With resorts in Atlanta, Houston, St. Louis, Chicago, and more, you’re sure to find the perfect destination for your vacation! Use today’s deal to visit famous attractions such as Chicago’s Sears Tower or kick back and relax in Miami Beach. No matter where you go, you’ll be met with tons of attractions. You have a whole year to redeem, so there’s no pressure to lock down dates. Best of all, you won’t find any surprise taxes or fees; everything is included in the purchase price. This deal makes a great gift for friends and relatives this holiday; they’ll have all of 2013 to redeem their trip. Grab a travel companion and treat yourselves to a mini-vacation in the good old USA!
Maybe I’m posting this just because I like the dog in sunglasses… but anyway: Even if you are not traveling to Alaska this winter (brr), there are some really pretty pictures in their official — and free! — guide. Mr. 5 enjoys ours.
And one for your winter vacations — Travelzoo vacation newsletterPosted by rachel in newsletters, travel
Sign up for the Travelzoo vacation newsletter and get emails about travel vacation deals. Take me with you, PLEASE. It’s getting cold here
- Choose from 31 locations in the U.S. and Canada
- Hyatt features deluxe baths and flatscreen TVs
- No post-purchase fees: all taxes are included
- You have a whole year to redeem
The Fine Print
- Limit per person: 5 (+1 as a gift)
- Promotion Expires on November 05, 2013
- Travel period is 1/15/13 to 1/15/14; due to hotel availability, purchasing this deal for intended travel in the next 45 days on specific dates is not suggested
- Hotel taxes and fees included; no additional money due at booking or upon departure
Looking at those waterslides, Mr. not-5 might even forgive the theme, lol. Check out this Groupon deal for the Nickelodeon Suites resort in Orlando, starting at just $84 a night — plus they have a thing now for this one where you book your stay right on the Groupon page; you don’t have to buy the voucher, wait for it to come, and then deal with redeeming with the resort!