Sign up for TravelZoo for discount alerts — including some close to home. I get their newsletter and right now on their site I see Medieval Times discounts, Lake Michigan sailboat cruise discounts, half off a weekend pass to Randolph Street Market and more. Just put “Chicago” in as your destination to see what you can spy.
Thanks to feelgood for sharing this one: The Big Southwest Sale is back, where you can get one-way airfare as low as $49, depending on destination.
For 72 hours only, we’re lowering fares on fall travel and offering some of the best deals you’ll see all year. So if you’ve been waiting to book a fall trip, hurry and do it now before someone else snags your seat.
Sale fares this low don’t come around often, so hurry and book before they’re gone! Book by June 5 for travel August 25 through December 17, 2014. See complete terms, conditions, and exclusions below.
Already purchased a ticket for these travel dates and want to check for a lower fare? Visit change air reservation at southwest.com®.
So if you’re planning on fall travel this year, check it out!
This looks kind of useful: You can use the Trivago hotel search to search hotel rates and deals across multiple websites to help you find the best rate. I just use this to check the prices at the resort where my brother’s wedding will be later this summer, and am glad we’re getting the wedding block rate — it’s not cheap, but the regular rate is yikes, lol.
Well, that’s straightforward: Travel. Guides. Free. If you’re planning on traveling during summer vacation, this is a one-stop-shop to pick up brochures and travel guides from destinations across the U.S. Free.
It’s a 48 hour hotel sale on Orbitz through 12 PM Central on Wed.! Plus, use code GETHAPPY through June 1 to save another 15% on participating hotel stays. Read the fine print though — “most major chains are excluded.” Hmm.
Book a qualifying hotel between May 1, 2014 12:01AM CST and June 1, 2014 11:59PM CST, for 1 or more nights for travel between May 1, 2014 and November 15, 2014, via Orbitz and instantly receive 15% off through the use of the promotion code. Limit one discount per hotel room and one promotion code per booking. Discount may not be used toward the booking of a vacation package. Discounts are not redeemable for cash for any reason. Promotion codes are non-transferable, not for resale, and cannot be combined with other offers. Any attempt at fraud will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted. Orbitz reserves the right to change or limit the promotion in its sole discretion. Most major chains are excluded, to find participating hotels look for the “PROMO CODE ELIGIBLE” message.
Raise has a number of Southwest Airlines gift cards at 5%-6% off face value. New Raise customers can use code RAISE75AF for $5/$75 through 4/30 for additional savings. If you’re planning a trip, why not save a little more on airfare?!
Let’s get away! Here’s a roundup of a few current waterpark deals on the daily deal sites. If you are planning on using one of these for spring break, check blackout dates. Also note that taxes and resort fees are generally extra.
Here’s a Timber Ridge Lake Geneva waterpark deal on Groupon — starting at $99 a night (+ fees). Dates run into May, but there are blackout dates, so see if it will work for you…
- Stay for up to five in a one-bedroom suite with four daily water-park passes or stay for up to seven in a two-bedroom suite with six daily water-park passes
- Half off lift tickets 3/21-3/31/14 (weather permitting)
- Dates into May
Dells deal at the Atlantis Waterpark! Rates starting at $59 a night (plus fees), with dates into May. Although their own waterpark is smaller, you get access to BOTH the on site water park AND passes to Chula Vista, just five miles away.
It’s likely that Wisconsin Dells has more water slides per capita than any other spot on the planet. The area’s multitude of water parks includes more than 20 indoor facilities that stay open all year round. Just a few miles south of town, you can splash around in one such park at the Atlantis Waterpark Hotel. The onsite Aqua Kingdom is equipped with two 40-foot-long tunnel slides as well as gentle spray features that are perfect for younger kids. You can also soak in the whirlpool or perfect your backstroke in the lap pool.
Your stay includes free passes to the massive Chula Vista water park, located 5 miles away. Here you’ll enjoy 80,000 square feet of indoor attractions, including a high-speed water coaster, a languid tropical river, and a Mayan temple with an enormous tipping bucket.
- $159 ($255 value) for Sunday through Thursday check-in: one-night stay for up to six guests in a Family Fireplace Suite or Lone Wolf Condo
- $209 ($324 value) for Friday check-in: one-night stay for up to six guests in a Family Fireplace Suite or Lone Wolf Condo
- Includes six waterpark wristbands and $25 resort credit
Here’s another Dells deal at the Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites starting at just $59 a night. This hotel does NOT have its own water park, but the deal comes with passes to the nearby Chula Vista resort.
The newly remodeled Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites is located just off I-90 and I-94, providing a convenient landing pad for adventures in and around Wisconsin Dells. With complimentary breakfast, included passes to a nearby indoor water park, and a 24-hour casino shuttle, this Best Western makes for a fun Dells vacation even when it’s cold out. Spacious rooms, an attached 24-hour restaurant, and a large (and extra-warm) indoor pool round out the amenities.
- Indoor water-park passes let guests splash through 80,000 square feet of slides, water coasters, and a lazy river at the nearby Chula Vista Resort.
- Classic Dells attractions such as Ripley’s Believe It or Not and Jeremy Allen’s Grand Illusions are within a mile of the hotel.
- Moons Over My Hammy and other casual fare is available at the onsite 24-hour Denny’s, and a continental breakfast with oatmeal, waffles, fruit, yogurt, juices, milk, and coffee is also available.
- Stay for up to six in a Cabana Hana suite or Hana suite
- Six water-park passes
- One family dinner complete with two-topping pizza, pasta, dessert, and six soft drinks
- Dates into April
Or head to the King’s Pointe Waterpark Resort in Storm Lake, IA, starting at $99 a night. Use code 2014FEB20 through today 2/23 to drop that to just $79.20!
- A One-Night Stay for Up to Four Guests in a Standard Double Queen Room with City View, Fridays or Saturdays, without Breakfast for Four ($99) or with Breakfast for Four ($109)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Up to Four Guests in a Standard Double Queen Room with City View, Fridays and Saturdays, with Breakfast for Four and Four Movie Tickets ($219)
- Combine Up to Two One-Night Vouchers to Extend Your Stay
Escape the cold and make a splash at this 20,000-square-foot indoor water park, featuring slides, a lazy river, and more.
I got this offer for a free official Travel Alaska state travel guide and just had to share because… it’s been warmer there on many dates this winter than by me in Chicago. What a topsy turvy world we live in… Look! They have grass!
Yeah, this looks much better than the view out MY window right now… On Groupon, get $50 off your already discounted getaways of $250+ with code FLASH50OFF250 through 2/13 or while supplies last.