Reader deals 10/28/16: Here are some of the deals, heads up, and requests you shared recently — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
- Email Rachel: [email protected]
- Comment below, or on any post where it seems to fit.
- Post on the Mashup Mom Facebook page or in the Hot Deals group.
- More on the ongoing car buying discussion (see previous Reader Deals posts for more), from Andi: “For the car buying discussion… We purchased two cars this year through dealers. We accepted the dealer financing (since they wouldn’t match the rate we found), then refinanced immediately with a local credit union at half the interest rate. My credit union covered the fees for the transfer, which were around $100.”
- Lisa asks: “Andi, I’m not familiar with credit union. What are the advantages and disadvantages of credit union?”
- If you are considering the discount Culture Club tickets, Carla recommends them: “We saw Culture Club when they came to the Chicago Theatre this summer and they did a great show. Not flashy/trashy but all the wonderful hits from their heyday. Boy George talked in between each song (only for a minute) about how Culture Club became a sensation and what life was like. I would highly recommend this if you loved him back i the day. He looked so good-they all did!”
- If you’re buying some last minute Halloween candy, here’s something to look for from Juli: “The Snickers Crispers at CVS had $2/2 Mars peelies on them.”
- In addition to the wrong form being given out for the Sutter Home rebate being advertised in this week’s Jewel ad, questions about the Beringer one. Cleob asks: “Can someone confirm that the pictured rebate form will work with the Beringer wine on sale at Jewel? I notice the sale wine is not the same as the varieties/bottles shown on the rebate form. But Jewel store says it’s the correct rebate form and they are tagged on the wine bottles. Just not sure if the sale wine qualifies for this rebate. Any thoughts on this?”
- Feelgood also says: “I don’t know which one you got. But the one I got yesterday said $18.00 for buying six Beringer FOUNDERS’ ESTATE® or Beringer MAIN & VINE© wines, which are expensive lines of Beringer. The cheaper wines are not listed as qualifying. And the rebate form expires 10/31, while the sale and offer in the weekly ad goes thru 11/1.
Is this the same one you got?”
- But Patti comments: “I have the rebate for FOUNDERS ESTATE, but when I spoke with the Jewel Customer Service agent, she called the Liquor rep who stated the rebate would work for the regular Beringer wine. So, here’s hoping!”
- And Susan was told: “My Jewel store liquor manager told me that “Main and Vine” is the new packaging of the same product and that the rebate will work. Crossing my fingers.”
- From Maria S.: “Found a code for jewelscoregreatdeals.com. It’s “PUNT”.”
- Before you bring your 20% off Halloween sale items coupon to Michaels, stop over at Jewel for a discount gift card. Wendy says: “$5 off $25 gift card at Jewel with myMixx too”
- Jane shares: “Not sure if this is at all Kroger stores, or Food4Less, but today while I was loading my Freebie, I ran across an unadvertised 2 day sale for chicken breasts, blueberries, Doritos and Pepsi cases. The last 2 have limit 5 digital cpns. making them $1.49 and $4.49 each but the 3 lb. bags of frozen Kroger brand chicken breasts are just $3.99, no cpns needed or limits. Blueberries are $1.50 for 6 oz, my stores brand was Nature Ripe though. I also found 99c Kroger 48 oz. canola oil in clearance. Had digital and paper cpns on the chicken, making it less than $1 a lb. out the door! (They never even had the freebies out yet!)”
- Heads up from LauraC: “With the Smithfield Ham watch the prices. The shelf tag only had it advertised at $2.49 and that’s what it was at the register. Had to pull the ad and show them the price to get it corrected.”
- Patty comments: “I stopped buying Smithfield when they were purchased by the Chinese company Shuanghui. The lack of food safety in China is appalling & I don’t trust them to do it correctly in this country.”