I’m so pleased that the Zaycon salmon came individually vacuum sealed today — and $6.99/lb is a great price for wild sockeye salmon! We’re definitely grilling up one of these fillets tomorrow. I ended up with 17 fillets here and weighed a few: They came in at 1.25-1.75 lbs each.
What’s a Zaycon?
If you’re not familiar with Zaycon Fresh,
- They sell fresh meat products by the case.
- Head to local pickup locations at a specified date and time to pick up your order.
- They schedule events across the country.
How much meat was that, again?
Choose from open events, including:
- 40 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast at $1.89/lb = $75.60 a case + low food tax (November event).
- 40 lbs of 93/7 ground beef at $3.99/lb = $159.60 a case + low food tax (December event).
- 40 lbs of 80/20 ground beef at $2.99/lb = $119.60 a case + low food tax (December event).
- 16 lbs of whole boneless pork tenderloin at $2.99/lb = $47.84 a case + low food tax (January event).
More meats available; see their site for the full list.
Pickup locations and getting together to split this stuff
Pickup locations for Zaycon events in the Chicagoland area include: Oak Brook, Wheaton, Elk Grove, Bolingbrook, Naperville, Aurora, Glenview, Orland Park, Tinley Park, Joliet, Gurnee, Lindenhurst, DeKalb, Kankakee, Rochelle, Rockford, Franklin WI, Milwaukee WI.
Hopefully there is a date and time that will work for you. Head over to Zaycon to place your order now.
- Please feel free to chat and get together in comments about splitting orders, if these events are too large for your family.
- You can also talk about splitting orders over in the Mashup Mom Coupon Trading Facebook group.