Reader Deals 8/26/15: Here are the deals, heads up, and requests you shared over the last 24 hours — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
- Email Rachel: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Comment below, or on any post where it seems to fit.
- Post on the Mashup Mom Facebook page.
*** If you are sharing a deal from another site or an online coupon, please include the link. If you found a deal at a specific store, please include the location.
- On the $3 off meat coupon, from Valentina S.: “I got this $3.00 off meat coupon in the ad at ALDI on 6415 S Cass Ave, Westmont and used it on one package of 73% lean ground beef, 5 lbs., $12.99. $9.99 + tax for 5 lbs of ground beef after coupon!”
- But Priscilla comments: “I just went to Aldi and used the meat coupon on a package of lean ground turkey for 3.29 and the cashier said that in order to use it that I had to purcahse 2 pkgs of meat. So I was puzzled and she called to the manager and he said ok, but I will check with corporate to verify details of coupon. Anyone else have trouble?” The wording on the coupon is “$3.00 off fresh meat with any fresh meat purchase.” So I think that’s unclear — do they mean $3.00 off any fresh meat purchase, or $3.00 off fresh meat when you buy another fresh meat? Although I’m not sure why they wouldn’t just say $3.00/2 packages if they intended that, to avoid confusion.
- Maria S. asks: “Does anyone know if the paper ad at the store has the coupon?”
- Joanne says: “I live in Tinley Park and my ad does NOT have this coupon.”
- Jane comments: “I live in Bourbonnais and my ad ALSO does not have that nice meat coupon. I even checked in the actual newspaper and it is not there in either my local or my Tribune today. I’m guessing they may put in in the paper tomorrow? We can only hope.”
- Feelgood shares that the unlocked Amazon Fire phone with a free year of Amazon Prime is down to $130.
- On today’s new chocolate coupon, from Catherine: “The Ghiradelli Coupon has a long expiration date- 12/31/2015. Plenty of time to find it on sale or better yet a discontinued flavor on clearance!”
- From SmartShopper: Just came back from Jewel. I did the DiGiiorno Pizza deal. I mixed and matched 4 participating pizzas (rising crust and pizzeria varieties). Used three 1.00/1 manufacture principles. I did receive the $3 dollars Catalina. $2.00 Pizza is a great price!
- And feelgood asks: “Is anyone else having problems with SavingStar tracking receipts and adding payouts to their account? I added my Jewel MyMixx number to SavingStar a few months ago, and for a while all items on my SavingStar list paid out. In the past two weeks, I added 4 SavingStar items to my list and purchased them at Jewel with my MyMixx number, none of them have paid out. I looked on the SavingStar facebook page and noticed others waiting 2 weeks or more with no payout.” I JUST got something from a Jewel trip like three weeks ago that posted to my SavingStar, so it may just be slow — anyone else?
- Finds from Jane: “Just got back from Jewel and they have the fake crab priced at $2.50 for the one you buy. So after using 2- 75c coupons, it comes to 50c each when you get 2! Naturally I had to argue with a (veteran) checker that I could indeed use a coupon on the free item. But I also scored on the Tribe hummus. Watch for peelies off short dated ones, I found some for all 3 ($1 stickers), making them only 49c for all 3! That’s only 16c each after the coupons and deal. I was happy with this trip!”
- Julie asks: “So I am completely not impressed by the loyalty card linking to Ibotta. I have now been to Mariano’s on 2 different occasions, purchasing several items eligible for rebates and NOTHING! No credits whatsoever. I made sure that the rebates were unlocked beforehand and made sure to give them my card (once scanning my actual card and once scanning the card through the ibotta app). I contacted ibotta at the end of last week and today got a response saying they don’t show any submissions since July. This is definitely not easier than taking a picture of my receipt. Has anyone else had success with this? I am really annoyed.”
- Heads up from Karen: “I went to meijer today and was trying to get my free maricle whip and the 5 birthday cake gums. They were out of both and the lady at the service desk told me if they run out you are out of luck! no rainchecks! just as supply lasts. Bummer!”
- On this week’s mPerks deal, joe asks: “Where exactly are the gums in the store? I tried by the checkout lane, the candy aisle and the cake section,… no luck”
- And feelgood replies: “By the checkout lane at my Meijer. They were on the top shelf on the left side above all the other gum. Package is white and pink about 3″ by 4″, doesn’t look like regular gum sticks, so kind of easy to miss.”
- Meg reminds us: “Just wanted to mention, if you got those $2 produce or $2 dairy catalina…..they roll. Each time I used one of those, I got both (one of each) every single time. Make sure not to use mperks or card as a payment. I paid cash each time and got them. I also noticed that when you use the cataline from the same day, it does not give out those catalinas. I have been doing this for the past three days 2 -3 transactions of dairy and produce.”
- Don points out: “Sprecher 4 pack soda, $1.27. – this was typo in paper… this price is after rebate and limit 4…. still great deal.”
- Susie recommends the sale Halal chicken: “The Mediterranean whole chicken on sale for $1.49 is a very good price. I bought it before when Pete’s first opened in Bridgeview to try it. The chicken is very tender and juicy. I will be picking up some this week. :)”
- And Trish shares that: “Oak Park Pete’s opens 9/2!”
- Patty comments on the Chicago Ultimate Women’s Expo: “I also saw that you can get free tickets at every Starbucks, as they are the big sponsor for the expo. The sign said that stores should have tickets in by Aug 18th. The sign said that it was good for all parts of the expo.”
- Feelgood also shares that Walgreens is doing the friends & family thing on Friday 8/28: Print for 20% off regular price items.