The week of 8/17/14, we’re expecting two inserts: 1 SmartSource and 1 Red Plum. See the full list at Coupon Previews.
- Use this as a general guide, because coupons and values vary regionally. Sometimes our papers will not include one or more of the coupons listed, or that one area will get one $ amount on their coupons, we will get another.
- In Chicagoland, the Chicago Tribune has the most coupons in it — even if the Sun-Times, or the DuPage Daily Herald, or the other smaller papers have the same inserts, they’re thinner. (Occasionally, the Sun-Times will contain a coupon not found in the Trib, but overall you’ll find many more in the Trib.) If you are outside Chicagoland, you will want to buy the largest-circulation paper in your area.
- In IL-Chicagoland, you can pick up the early edition of the Sunday Chicago Tribune on Saturday morning for $1.00 at Menards or Dollar Tree.
- Be sure to check to make sure that the inserts are in there before purchasing — since they are no longer in plastic bags, they’re falling out, not making it in, or getting swiped.
- Check out the Mashup Mom Coupon Trading Group on Facebook if you’re looking for different coupons or have some you want to trade.
- Places to pick up additional coupons.
So, what looks good to me?
- Heinz $.25/1 tomato ketchup 32oz+ (10/31). Not a good value, but we don’t get them a lot…
- Superpretzel $1/1 soft pretzel item excludes 7-9oz stand up bags (9/25). Also on Checkout 51 this week.
- L’Oreal $2/1 advanced hairstyle product excludes 1.7oz (9/13). Maybe Target will have another deal.
- Blue Diamond $1.50/2 4oz+ almonds bags (10/17). I have seen these as low as $2 at Caputo’s.
- Blue Diamond $1/1 32oz+ chilled or shelf stable almondmilk (10/17)
- Jennie-O $.75/1 lean ground turkey (10/13)
- Kraft $.75/1 mayo or miracle whip dressing 22oz+ (9/20)
- La Victoria $1/2 salsa items 12oz+ (10/13)
- Maruchan $.50/1 yakisoba product (10/15)
- Nutella $1/1 13oz+ hazelnut spread jar (10/15)
- Starbucks $2/1 via instant beverage 5ct+ (9/30)
So, how many?
zzzz I’d tell you but I fell asleep typing this… lol, no, it’s not THAT bad, but small. I’ve heard rumors that there are regional school supplies coupons as well, but they’ll be regional — I’ll report on Saturday in Notes From the Tribune whether we got them here.