The week of 3/1/15 we’re expecting four inserts: One SmartSource, two Red Plum, and a P&G. See the full list at Coupon Previews.
- Use this as a general guide, because coupons and values vary regionally. Sometimes our papers will not include one or more of the coupons listed, or when one area will get one $ amount on their coupons, we will get another.
- In Chicagoland, the Chicago Tribune has the most coupons in it — even if the Sun-Times, or the DuPage Daily Herald, or the other smaller papers have the same inserts, they’re thinner. (Occasionally, the Sun-Times will contain a coupon not found in the Trib, but overall you’ll find many more in the Trib.) If you are outside Chicagoland, you will want to buy the largest-circulation paper in your area.
- In IL-Chicagoland, you can pick up the early edition of the Sunday Chicago Tribune on Saturday morning for $1.00 at Menards or Dollar Tree.
- Be sure to check to make sure that the inserts are in there before purchasing — since they are no longer in plastic bags, they’re falling out, not making it in, or getting swiped.
- Check out the Mashup Mom Coupon Trading Group on Facebook if you’re looking for different coupons or have some you want to trade.
So, what looks good to me?
- Cheerios $.75/1 protein cereal (4/11)
- Energizer $1/1 batteries or flashlight (3/28)
- Helper $.50/1 regular or ultimate (4/25). If it’s really $.50/1 any — they go a buck all the time, sometimes as low as $.88 at Ultra.
- McCafe $1/1 coffee item (4/11)
- Wonderful $.50/1 5lb+ sweet scarletts (4/1). If you found or find the $2.99 5 lb Scarletts at Jewel.
- Angel soft $.45/1 bathroom tissue (4/1)
- Dry Idea $2/1 antiperspirant deodorant product (3/28)
- got2b $2/1 styling item (4/4). This will be net $.99 at CVS after coupon + ECB on Sunday.
- Right Guard $2/1 xtreme heat shield antiperspirant deodorant (3/28).
- Always $3/1 discreet liner or pad product excludes 24-26ct liners
- Cascade $1/1 actionpacs
- Dawn $.50/1 hand renewal, power clean, bleach alternative or oxi. Will make hand renewal $.49 at CVS Sunday.
- Gillette $2/1 fusion shave gel
- Mr. Clean $1/1 liquid muscle or magic eraser
- Olay $3/2 body washes or bars 4ct+
- Pampers $1.50/1 diapers or pants
- Pantene $2/1 styler or treatment product
- Pantene $5/3 products excludes 6.7oz
- Tampax $2/1 pearl or radiant tampon 16ct+
- all $1/1 product ets (4/12)
- all/Snuggle $2/2 products ets (4/12). We’ll have to see the wording on this — if it doesn’t exclude the smaller Snuggle sheets, you have a deal here.
- Dole $1.25/2 frozen fruit products (5/3)
- Garnier Fructis $2/1 shampoo, conditioner or treatment ets (3/28) AND Garnier Fructis $2/1 style product ets (3/28). Last time we didn’t get this one in the Tribune, so hopefully we will this time.
- Muller $1/2 greek 100 yogurts dnd (4/12) AND Muller $1/3 yogurts dnd (4/12). Some of the yogurts have been rollback $.88 at Walmart.
- Tyson $.75/1 chicken nuggets (6/1)
So, how many?
A P&G week is always a good week to get multiples, especially if you do a lot of drugstore deals — and Fructis, got2b, Dry Idea will all be drugstore useful. The food coupons aren’t great overall, so invest more heavily if you play the drugstore game.