The week of 8/31/14, we’re expecting one insert: A P&G. See the full list at Coupon Previews. We are NOT expecting five — please excuse my earlier bout of lunacy where I was looking wishfully at 9/7.
- Use this as a general guide, because coupons and values vary regionally. Sometimes our papers will not include one or more of the coupons listed, or that one area will get one $ amount on their coupons, we will get another.
- In Chicagoland, the Chicago Tribune has the most coupons in it — even if the Sun-Times, or the DuPage Daily Herald, or the other smaller papers have the same inserts, they’re thinner. (Occasionally, the Sun-Times will contain a coupon not found in the Trib, but overall you’ll find many more in the Trib.) If you are outside Chicagoland, you will want to buy the largest-circulation paper in your area.
- In IL-Chicagoland, you can pick up the early edition of the Sunday Chicago Tribune on Saturday morning for $1.00 at Menards or Dollar Tree.
- Be sure to check to make sure that the inserts are in there before purchasing — since they are no longer in plastic bags, they’re falling out, not making it in, or getting swiped.
- Check out the Mashup Mom Coupon Trading Group on Facebook if you’re looking for different coupons or have some you want to trade.
- Places to pick up additional coupons.
So, what looks good to me?
- Clairol $3/1 natural instincts hair color. These go on sale and on clearance a lot, and a nice high value.
- Dawn $.50/1 hand renewal, power clean, bleach alternative or oxi. Use on the little hand renewal bottles at CVS when they go $.99.
- Gillette $3/1 men’s razor.
- Pantene $5/3 products (9/14). Use on the $5 instant savings deal at Meijer.
- Venus $3/1 razor excludes disposables. Use when the singles are on an ECB deal at CVS, although they’ve been getting more expensive.
So, how many?
I like to go with four on a P&G week, but hate the holiday weekends where there is just one insert, so might actually just do two. (Yes. One insert. Sorry again about earlier!)