Since I’ve been deleting scams like this out of our Facebook group left and right, let me also give the rest of you the heads up on these:
- Jewel is not “giving-away Free $185 Grocery Coupon”
- ALDI is not giving away a 30% off everything coupon
- Kroger is not giving away a 40% off everything coupon
- Target is not giving away a $100 off $150 coupon
- Dunkin Donuts is not giving away a free box of donuts to everyone
- Pepsi is not giving away free pop to everyone
- … basically, if it looks cheesy and unlikely, it’s probably not true.
- If it didn’t come from the company’s official Facebook site or webpage, it’s probably not true
- If it has suspect grammar and spelling, it’s probably not true
- If it is leading you to a weird web address, it’s probably not true
It’s just. Not. Happening. These are spam, these are a scam, and these can harm your computer and spam all of your Facebook friends and groups. Do not pass them on, do not click on them, do not post them in groups, and do warn your friends. Stop and think before you click.
If you have accidentally clicked on one of these, you’ll want to scan your computer for viruses and malware, change any password information you may have shared in the “surveys” that come up, and delete anywhere the scam posted itself to your Facebook friends & groups.
This message, you can pass on.