Again, if you’re not familiar with Zaycon Foods,
- They sell fresh meat products by the case.
- Head to local pickup locations at a specified date and time to pick up your order.
- They schedule events across the country; and were last in IL with chicken only this past fall.
- Here’s my review last year of their chicken, if you’re curious and want to see some pix!
- They’ve never had a ham/sausage event here, so can’t speak to that yet. 🙂
Ham and sausage product info from their site
Ham — $3.29/lb, $72.38 for 22 lbs
• Made from fresh outside muscle only
• Precooked and slow smoked with real apple wood
• Approved as LEAN by the USDA
• Completely boneless for easier carving
• Freshness guaranteed for up to 100 days
• Each 22lb order contains two individually vacuum sealed hams per case
Pork sausage links — $2.69/lb, 20 lbs for $53.80
• Rated #1 by Cooks Illustrated January 2012
• The best trim (loin, ham, belly)
• Fresh – “Today’s trim is today’s sausage.”
• 100% natural spice blend
• Each order contains two 10lb cases of 1oz links — not precooked!
Pickup locations and getting together
They have a lot of pickup locations this time, so hopefully there is a date and time that will work for you. Head over to Zaycon to place your order now. And please feel free to chat and get together in comments about splitting orders, if these are too large for your family.
Illinois locations include:
Elk Grove Village
All pickups are in late February. See the Zaycon site for specific locations and times.