Zaycon Foods just opened Illinois pick-up dates for ground beef in November! Plus, they still have bacon, sausage, and ham events open. I’m trying to decide between ground beef and bacon, since my freezer cannot handle both. Decisions, decisions…
Yes, I have purchased this myself in the past. Yes, I was indeed annoyed at Zaycon with the way they handled discussion of the LFTB fiasco last year, and still think they handled that poorly, but have been very pleased with the products themselves.They are back in IL with a ground beef sale, and now specifically advertise it as LFTB free! (Yup, them and almost everyone else now, right?!)
BACON, sausage, and ham
*** This is the BEST bacon, seriously.
They have open pickup dates for bacon, sausage, and ham — but not all products available at all locations, so check out the Zaycon site for details.
- If you’re not in IL, they are running events all across the country, so see what’s by you.
If you’re not familiar with Zaycon Foods,
- They sell fresh meat products by the case.
- Head to local pickup locations at a specified date and time to pick up your order.
- They schedule events across the country.
- Here’s my old review of their chicken from quite a while back, if you’re curious and want to see some pix!
How much ground beef was that, again?
- 40 pounds of 93/7 lean ground beef — four 10 lb tubes at $3.49/lb = $136.90. They do charge IL food tax, which brings it to $142.74 after tax.
How much bacon was that, again?
- 36 lbs of hickory smoked bacon at $3.49/lb = $125.64.
- 20 lbs of frozen pork sausage links at $2.79/lb = $55.80.
- 22 lbs of boneless applewood smoked ham at $3.49/lb = $76.78.
Pickup locations and getting together to split this stuff
Hopefully there is a date and time that will work for you. Head over to Zaycon to place your order now.
- And, please feel free to chat and get together in comments about splitting orders, if these are too large for your family.
- You can also talk about splitting orders over in the Mashup Mom Coupon Trading Facebook group.