When can I use “on your next order” Catalinas from other stores at Jewel?Posted at 9:50 pm by rachel in coupon policies, jewel
Since this has been coming up a lot in comments lately, and there is much confusion about Jewel’s new July 2012 coupon policy, let’s talk about when you can use “on your next order” Catalinas from other stores and/or Register Rewards at Jewel.
First, let’s look at what the policy actually says:
- Catalina Manufacturer Coupons with the verbiage “Redeemable only at” [a competitor]) CANNOT be redeemed at Jewel-Osco or any SUPERVALU location.
The key here is our word “only.” This does not say that you cannot redeem manufacturer Catalinas that say “redeemable at,” just that you cannot redeem manufacturer Catalinas that say “redeemable only at.” Most Register Rewards now say “redeemable only at,” so Jewel will not accept those. They will accept the occasional Register Reward without that wording.
This has been confirmed repeatedly on Jewel’s Facebook page, for instance on the Jewel-Osco Facebook Wall here as of yesterday 8/27/12. (And let’s go back just a few days — see, this comes up a lot — verified here, here, and here.)
Here’s what to look for
The above $10.00 Catalina from Ultra Foods IS OK to use at Jewel, because it does not contain the word “only.” Even though it has an Ultra Foods logo, and even though it says “Redeemable at,” it falls within Jewel policy as an acceptable manufacturer Catalina coupon without the dreaded word “only.” Jewel should take it.
The above $10.00 Register Rewards from Walgreens is NOT OK to use at Jewel, because it contains the wording redeemable “ONLY” at Walgreens. Even though it is also a manufacturer Catalina coupon, the word “only” always now means that Jewel will not accept it.
Even though both of these were earned on the same Kraft Catalina deal, ONLY the Ultra Foods one may be used at Jewel, and the Walgreens one cannot.
If you have trouble at your store
Lots of cashiers are unclear on the new policy and believe that this extends to all Catalinas from other stores. Be familiar with the policy, and be patient — I’ve had this issue at my store and when I point it out, it’s so far always been cleared up when the cashier verifies with customer service. So, try these steps in this order:
- If a cashier refuses the Catalina coupon, point out the policy.
- If they still refuse the coupon, ask that they check with customer service — or, finish your transaction and then head over to customer service to post-redeem, especially if there is a line.
- If customer service refuses the coupon, talk next to the store manager. Again, have the policy on hand.
- If the store manager refuses the coupon, contact Jewel corporate or head over to the Jewel-Osco Facebook page and post your experience and store location, so that they can follow up with the store and get everyone on the same page.
Hope this helps clarify for everyone!
Posts on Mashup Mom may contain affiliate links. Please see the disclosure and disclaimer statement.