Reader deals 4/21/16: Here are some of the deals, heads up, and requests you shared recently — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
- Email Rachel: [email protected]
- Comment below, or on any post where it seems to fit.
- Post on the Mashup Mom Facebook page.
- Heads up from Laura that the Receipt Pal app is updating and making changes — see the whole Receipt Pal email she sent in here.
- A reminder on this freebie, from feelgood: “Get a coupon for FREE Lays BBQ chips here: https://experiences.offerpop.com/campaign/?experience=57054df423847f2bccd02713“
- From jane: “From Ghiradelli website: “Pick up an exclusive coupon during your next visit to Shedd Aquarium and visit our Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop in Chicago to receive $1 off any sundae or 10% off any chocolate purchase.” Also, at the top of the page it says “FREE Dark Chocolate Salted Brownie Bar with every purchase!” 🙂 And I think there is a new dolphin at the Shedd.”
- On today’s air filters deal, from Dawn: “please don’t buy a 1 inch filter that has a merv rating above 3-4. it will damage your furnace….i work in the hvac field.”
- Wende asks on the JCP Optical two pairs of glasses for $99 deal: “I don’t see anywhere that the deal MUST include an eye exam. I only need glasses right now. Can anybody answer this?”
- And feelgood replies: “I bought 2 pairs of eyeglasses from JCPenney the last time they had this exact same deal. You do not need to get your eye exam from them, I brought in my eye prescription from Vision Works which I got for $19 when they had a sale. Another hint: JCPenney Optical is an outside contractor, but they do accept JCPenney gift cards. I was able to get $100 in JCPenney gift cards for $80 before ordering eyeglasses from them. Check around to see if you can snag a deal on gift cards. Ebay runs deals sometime, as do grocery stores from time to time, especially before holidays like Mother’s Day which is coming up soon.”
- Goldfish crackers are $.99 at Jewel starting tomorrow on their three day weekend sale. Feelgood spotted signs in two different Jewel stores this week advertising Goldfish crackers as BOGO through 4/26, so it will be kind of cool if they still ring up BOGO at $.99 tomorrow! If anyone buys Goldfish in the morning, please comment and let us all know. 🙂
- On the ongoing Garnier deals, kitty notes: “The Garnier at Jewel stacked. I bought 8 and $10 came off of the total. I used the coupons too, of course.”
- Also from feelgood: “Whole Blends stacked nicely. Got eight, used a $2 off $20 Monopoly instant winner, four BOGO, and four $2.00/1. Got two tubs of $2 Lucerne sherbet for the $4 overage.”
- A heads up from Lucky on the Garnier Whole Blends: “Garnier is going to need to re-engineer the caps on the new line, though. I avoided several sticky bottles on the display, and a cap on one of my bottles popped open in my bag. Store them upright 😉”
- On the elusive kids produce club cards, Laura suggests: “If you email Jewel and let them know that your store doesn’t have any Kids Free Fruit cards they will mail you one. My store never got them in stock so I emailed and they sent me a Free fruit card and a free cookie card. Hope this helps.”
- On the Meijer two day sale deals, Susie suggests: “Check your mperks, I have a $3 off each Gillette razors and $6/$30 Gillette razor coupons”
- Also for the two day sale, CharlieQ adds: “There’s also a $1 WYB 3 Tombstone on Ibotta.”
- And feelgood comments on the weekly deals that: “For the Activia Fruit Fusion, I have a bunch of Jewel store coupons for $.25 off Activia from the Monopoly game. Should bring the cost down to $.63 each after $1.00/1 manufacturer and $.25/1 store coupon.”
- Maria S. shares: “The Meijer in Niles has all wine and liquor 30% off (beer is regular price).”
- From SmartShopper: “Went to Target today to utilize the 50% off Archer Farms spiral sliced ham. Used my Cartwheel app to scan the barcode on the Archer Farms Hickory smoked spiral ham. It showed “no offers were available.” Went to the cashier to check out and told him about this. He agreed that my ham did match the Cartwheel offer. He manually reduced my ham price 50% off. However, when I got home I noticed that the Cartwheel did in fact work, and took 50% off my already reduced price. What started out as a ham for $12.93 wound up costing me $3.23. Thank you Target!” So note that even if it says no offers when scanned it may actually come off at checkout — watch the register when they scan CW and see.
- Also from Heather on the clearance hams I saw yesterday: “was at Lombard Target today and walked past the hams. They all had a $3 off meat coupon on them because they have a sell-by date of 4/23. Decided to buy the smallest one for just under $10 figuring it would be a good deal to pay $7.00 after the attached coupon. Scanned for cartwheel and it came up “no offers available” but decided it couldn’t hurt to add it anyway. To my surprise the 50% cartwheel came off so I got a 10lb ham for just $3.50!! Ham label says hickory smoked spiral sliced ham but the price tag just says spiral sliced. I know whats for dinner this weekend!!!!”
Where should I buy it?
- From kitty on this week’s Where Should I Buy It? post: “Shop & Save in Niles has extra large eggs for 79c, kind of short dated, may 5, I think.”