Here are some of the deals (and heads up!) YOU found recently — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
If you are sharing a deal from another site or an online coupon, please include the link. If you found a deal at a specific store, please include the location.
- *** Disclaimer: All of the deals below come straight from readers.
- Sent over by letsshop: “Just got this ,maybe you did too !but just in case you didn’t
‘ComEd is brightening the holidays again this year by sponsoring several lighting festivals across Chicagoland. Discounted tickets to these events, featuring energy-efficient LED lighting, are available to ComEd customers through the Discounts & Details button below.
Food 4 Less
- A heads up from karen on the freebie: “Food-4-Less doesn’t carry Hillshire Farm Naturals”
- From feelgood on Campbell’s soup: “Still a MM at my Meijer. They were aware that the mPerks coupon was not coming off and price-adjusted each can to .25. So I did several transactions of 8, paid $2.04 and got the $2.50 Catalina each time. Plan to do more, this time buying 4 for $1.00 and getting the $1.50 Catalina. Read on other boards that some stores were price-adjusting and some were not. For the ones that weren’t, people were calling the toll-free Meijer customer service number and getting a $2.00 credit to their mPerks account for buying 8.”
- And Valentina S. reports: “The associate at self checkout at Berwyn Meijer helped me to take $2.00 off 8 cans of regular chicken noodle soup. She said she was aware that the mperks pictured regular chicken noodle soup, but I was not the first confused customer yesterday. I paid $2.09 with tax and got $2.50 catalina.” Ha ha, one of those people was me yesterday morning!
- Sue shares: “I ordered these [shoes from Cabela’s] when they were $9.99. I do wear a M shoe, but my foot is on the wider side of M. These are pretty narrow–I couldn’t get my foot into them! They did look nice, tho.”
Rice and other side dish tips
- From Outlander: “I love basmati rice! Also jasmine rice. You can get a great deal on them at Sam’s or Costco. I don’t buy regular long grain anymore. Those 2 are wonderful with anything and so much better then plain long grain (like Riceland). My couple of quick sides- 1. gnocchi- boil 1 or 2 packages (for my family of 5 I do 2- 16oz packages). It only takes 2-3 min to cook them. When they float to the top of water, they are done. I buy Caputos brand when it’s on sale at Caputos for $1, but they also sell the same kind at Dollar Tree. When cooked, toss with some butter and Parmesan and that’s it. Or, you can put them boiled in a pan with some butter and bacon bits, salt and pepper. . When heated, sprinkle a bit of shredded cheese on top, let melt. Sprinkle chopped green onions on top if you want. 2. Potatoes- chop peeled potatoes into 1 inch pieces. Put in a microwave safe dish. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, paprika and granulated garlic. Dot with some butter. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave a few minutes, give a stir, microwave some more until tender, stir again, and that’s it. Yummy, buttery, soft… “ I couldn’t find basmati at my Costco last time I checked. Hopefully it will come back.
- From peaches: “While I was in Sams Club today, I saw a woman from India with two large 10 pound bags of rice in her cart.. I just assumed you get get it cheaper on Devon, but I am not certain. I love brown basmati rice, but it would take for forever to go through 10 pounds of rice, and so usually get the one pound bags of Lundberg rice when they are on sale at Whole Foods. Lundberg has all kinds of aromatic rice, and you can sometimes stack a store coupon with a manufacturer’s coupon, and get it for under $1. I also buy brown basmati rice in the bulk food section at WF too.” I usually find the cheapest prices when Tony’s has a good sale, but I am not near the north side. The price at Meijer is not bad either.
- And rifat adds: “Been doin’ it this way for years. We usually brown some pine nuts (not with the onions, in a different pan), in butter, until brownish (a few minutes). Toss in when adding rice.” Mmm. You could even toast the pine nuts in the pan first, set them aside, then proceed with the butter for the onions to keep it to one dirty pan.
- A reminder from feelgood: “If anyone else entered, check your emails! I forget all about this, but was browsing my old emails and ran across one dated Nov 3 that was titled “Your Sears Days Mystery Award Card Inside!” My reward was a $10 gift card which expires today, good at Sears, Kmart and online. I called the Sears gift card toll-free number and was told the card expires tomorrow 11/16.”
- Valentina S. shares: “Regular Target at Willowbrook was out of $0.96 Lipton green tea 20 ct that was on price cut, but the 20 ct. boxes of green tea were next to where $0.96 were. I used 2 $1/1 coupons to get $0.07/box tea. I saved $3/2 if I spot more expensive Lipton tea on sale.”
- Jessica posts on Facebook: “Target just sent out text message coupons. You get one free Ragu pasta sauce when you buy 3. Combine that with this Ragu $0.40 /2 [in tomorrow’s SS].”