Here is your easy ALDI meal plan for the week of 10/30/16. Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday! Hope you find it useful. 🙂
- *** Also be sure to enter my $50 ALDI gift certificate giveaway through 10/28!
ALDI meal plan week of 10/30/16 – 11/5/16
Six complete dinners for a family of four for $60.00
Note: Prices are collected from this week’s ad and my local store, but may vary by location. I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like olive oil and spices on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
- Sunday: Perfect Pot Roast with its potatoes & veggies. Side: Sauteed spinach.
- Monday: Half the box of Reggano spaghetti with organic pasta sauce. Top with a little shredded Parmesan and serve with Mama Cozzi’s Texas Toast, roasted baby carrots, and Caesar salad kit.
- Tuesday: Leftover pot roast quesadillas with sour cream & salsa. On the side, apple slices + a quick black bean & corn salad. (Drain corn & drain & rinse black beans. Toss with halved grape tomatoes, lime juice, chopped onion, chopped green pepper, a little olive oil, and chili powder, cumin, and salt to taste.)
- Wednesday: St. Louis ribs w/ BBQ sauce. (Seasonings of choice, wrap in foil, & bake on a rimmed baking sheet at 300 degrees for about three hours, or until tender. Unwrap foil, baste with BBQ sauce, and bake another 15-20 minutes or so until sauce is browned nicely, then serve with additional sauce.) Sides: Steam broccoli & top with shredded cheddar, plus celery sticks & apple slices. Note: If you won’t be home to cook ribs for 3 hours before dinnertime, you can do that part Tuesday night, then keep cooked ribs in fridge overnight and finish baking with BBQ sauce on Wednesday. Just allow a little extra cooking time on that last step for the refrigerated ribs. If you have an Instant Pot, you can also pre-cook the ribs in there much more quickly and just finish off in the oven.
- Thursday: Oven baked chicken drumsticks — simply pat dry with a paper towel, then season with Kosher salt, black pepper, and garlic powder & bake at 400 degrees for about an hour or until cooked through, flipping over halfway through cooking time. Sides: Season’s Choice steamable mixed veggies and mashed red potatoes (with butter, milk, garlic, salt & pepper, and sour cream). Shred up leftover chicken and reserve for tomorrow’s dinner.
- Friday: Pasta with spinach, chicken, & tomatoes. (Cook the other half of your spaghetti al dente & drain, reserving some pasta water. Saute a little chopped onion & garlic in olive oil in a large pan, then add grape tomatoes and saute until they begin to burst. Stir in pasta, then add spinach and stir in until it wilts. Stir in 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan & shredded cooked chicken until melted & heated through, then season with basil, pepper, & red pepper flakes to taste, thinning out with pasta water if necessary.) Sides: Apple slices and hummus with sliced green pepper, baby carrots & celery for dipping.
- Saturday: Leftovers — or date night! Enjoy the rest of your bottle of wine. 😉
Dairy & refrigerated
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.69
Friendly Farms sour cream, $1.19
12 oz Friendly Farms shredded cheddar, $2.69
Little Salad Bar hummus, $1.99
Mama Cozzi’s Texas toast, $1.29
Season’s Choice steamable mixed veggies, $.85
Bottle Winking Owl red wine of choice, $2.89
32 oz Reggano spaghetti, $1.45
SimplyNature organic pasta sauce, $1.89
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.85
Can of corn, $.48
SimplyNature organic canned black beans, $.79
SimplyNature organic salsa, $1.89
Burman’s BBQ sauce, $.99
Meat & seafood
3 lb chuck roast, $8.97.
5 lb chicken drumsticks, $3.45
3 lbs St. Louis pork spare ribs, $5.97
2 lbs Michigan Honeycrisp apples, $1.99
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, $.99
3 16 oz bags baby carrots, $1.47
16 oz bag yellow onions, $1.49
5 lb red potatoes, $2.29
2 bags Little Salad Bar spinach, $3.58
Little Salad Bar Caesar salad kit, $1.99
2 pints grape tomatoes, $1.98
One lime, $.19
3 pack green bell peppers, $1.99
16 oz broccoli crowns, $1.49
That comes to $59.96
You can adapt this ALDI meal plan
Adapt this ALDI meal plan to your own family’s preferences or use it to supplement your own meal planning for the week. These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, produce you have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try! 🙂
Browse all the weekly ALDI meal plans here, noting that some prices may have changed since originally posted.