So I’ve been doing this off-and-on Sunday cooking series around grocery matchups and stockpile items — which is now officially dubbed: Sunday Scratchups! AKA: Matchups cooking from scratch. 😉 First up today is Snap Crackle Pop chicken drumsticks, which is possibly the easiest chicken to make, ever.
So, first you pick up a big pack of chicken drumsticks wherever they’re on sale — mine here was about 3.5 lbs. Then you gather your massive list of other ingredients: Olive oil and seasoned salt.
Toss your chicken legs in a big bowl with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil and some seasoned salt, to taste. Place in roaster pan sprayed with cooking spray
Bake at 450 degrees for 30-40 minutes, flipping drumsticks over halfway through. That’s it! If you aren’t dairy free, you can shake a little Parmesan cheese on for the last few minutes of cooking if you like to give them an extra kick, but they’re good as is. If this is too many chicken drumsticks for you, you can also shred some of the meat off and use in other recipes — chicken tacos, chicken soup, whatever works for you. Pair with a simple salad, and you have an easy weeknight meal.
Oh yeah — why “snap crackle pop?” It’ll sound like World War III in your oven while these things are cooking — never fear, it’s normal.
Want more affordable and easy recipes?
- That’s the only kind I post! Check out more recipes and Sunday Scratchups here.
Easy print version
- 3.5 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Seasoned salt, to taste
- Shreded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Toss your chicken in a big bowl with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil and some seasoned salt, to taste.
- Place in sprayed roaster pan.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 30-40 minutes, flipping chicken halfway through
- Optional: Top with a little shredded Parmesan cheese for the last few minutes of cooking.
- If this is too many chicken legs for you, you can also shred some of the meat off and use in other recipes -- chicken tacos, chicken soup, whatever works for you.