Here are some of the deals (and heads up!) YOU found recently — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
Big favor: If you mention other sites, online coupons, etc, please include the link. Disclaimer: All of the deals below come straight from readers.
- Nikki shares: “I got an email from Goldstar about the Screams in the Park [in Rosemont]-snagged some tickets yesterday & I can’t WAIT to go! It’s an H.H. Holmes inspired haunted house.”
- Carmel noticed: “Went to Dominicks today and they have a 10 for $10 with 2 free sale. The Sweet Leaf Tea is part of the deal and each bottle had a coupon for 55 cents off. I got 12 for $3.50″
- A report from Jane: “Also I saw the EE salt, both reg. and iodized for 59 cents at Jewel. At my store the tomato paste went up to 49 cents for the 6 oz. can but the tomato sauce 8 oz. is still only 39 cents. I also picked up some EE hot sauce bottles for 59 cents as well. You can also look on the clearance rack to find more discounted EE items to use the coupons on!” Find the coupon in the 8/25 RP.
- She also says: “We also just got another $1 off 1 Wholly Guacamole in the 9-15 SS to use on these clearance box sets. I am headed over in the morning to see if they have any left. They are all dated 9-20 at my store as well, so I wonder if they will discount them even further?” But she adds: “* as I was clipping my Wholly Guacamole coupons I noticed the wording “only 1 coupon per transaction” written on the new coupons. Is this something new? What a pain and although I do want Jewel to get credit for as many as I redeem, you will not even get 1 stamp for the dishes if you have to do multiple transactions! Geez.”
- A heads up from Lisa: “I work at Osco Pharmacy in Mt. Prospect. FYI- our store is only giving these booklets out to those that get our flu shots.”
- Advice from Charlotte: “We got our kids mattresses from IKEA. Do NOT get the cheapest one, but the one up. We’ve been very happy with that one.”
- Jill agrees: “My daughter has this mattress to. It is comfortable.”
- Matt says: “On Freecycle and Craig’s List you can get used mattresses for free. In some cases the mattresses are in excellent condition with no stains. If you just put a plastic mattress cover over the mattress before you put the sheets on it then it doesn’t matter if you have a used mattress since it’s covered. The other thing to do is to get used mattresses from friends or family. Free is always cheaper than the store.”
- He adds: “But for people who want to buy new mattresses I have heard about a store called “The Dump” in Lombard.”
- Bunny warns: “Don’t forget bedbugs come free too!”
- Another vote for Sam’s from nancy m.: “We also got our twin mattress from Sam’s Club…..$100.00 no box spring because it was on a bunk.”
- Some information from Beth: “FYI: The Mundelein Menards stopped taking returns on 9/15. Quickly walked through the store on Sunday. At least a few aisles was already cleared out. They are selling everything, including fixtures, cash registers, etc.”
- One from Don on Facebook: “As a new member of Sams club, I am looking for thoughts on the best items and best prices from this warehouse. TYIA”
- Kari O. responds: “”Member’s Mark toilet paper. On the border chips. And 32 oz bottles of Gatorade. Also, download the app for price checking. I find some items have conflicting price tags and the employees will scan with their own smart phones to tell you the current price.”
- Kim says: “The twix bars are part of the 49 cent deal of the week candy bars. I had a red plum printable coupon that expires on the 18th for 50c off 2 to make them 25 cents!”