Here are some of the deals (and heads up!) YOU found recently — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
Big favor: If you mention other sites, online coupons, etc, please include the link. Disclaimer: All of the deals below come straight from readers.
- Outlander’s experience: “Well, here is exactly how it goes, since this just happened to me: Heather was correct, and Don was just lucky that it didn’t happen to him so far with all his orders. It happened to only one of mine (out of 6). The item was $4.20 when I ordered it with S&S, a few days later (week?) my S&S price went to $4.89, even though it was already ordered, but it wasn’t locked in, just like it says. At some point they processed it and I got charged $4.89, even though the price now is $6.89 on S&S. I didn’t even get it yet. So anyway the point is this- the price can change even after you place the order, at any point before your S&aS delivery date, up until they start getting it ready for shipment. HTH”
- On the cool-looking peeler/corer, chris says: “I have one like this in red and I love it for making pies and apple chips in the fall. I would say this is a good price but you may be able to find one closer to $10 in September.”
- Steve F. likes it too: “Great gadget! Got mine at the thrift store for $1.00 and use it all the time. Great for making cinnamon apple chips with the dehydrator from Aldi!”
Class action lawsuits
- VB found: “Class action lawsuit settlement for anyone who bought frosted miniwheats Jan 2008 to October 2009. There is also one for anyone who used turbo tax from 2008 to 2013 and had the fees taken from their refund. And also crest sensitivity toothpaste. So you may want to dig around to see if you are eligible for any of these or others on the site. I don’t think we used turbo tax but the others I will be filing a claim. Today I received a $30 check for a lawsuit for Disney/marvel vitamins. Takes a while but might as well file a claim if you purchased the items.”
- Artie noticed: “According to an ad in today’s Tribune sports section there will be a free coupon attached to Sunday’s Trib for a free ‘Dunkin Dog’ at Dunkin Donuts. A photo on their website shows it to be similar to a bagel dog.”
- Don saw it too: “YUP, yesterdays (Thursday’s) paper had same ad of same freebie coming in Sundays paper”
- On Peanut Butter & Co. JaniceT reports: “I got both PBs for $1.19! It was on sale for $3.99. I had the 10% PB on my J4U (took of .80), combined with the BOGO and I had 1 $1 off coupon from FB! Too bad they only had the white chocolate ones left in my store, but man, it sure is yummy!”
- A heads up from couponer4eva: “The Jewel I shop with has disclaimers posted about the CBAD, Hunts tomatoes and pudding. Apparently, it was an error and should have had the verbage ‘when you buy 10′ included.”
- Micky is wondering: “Does anyone know of a deal on sushi/white rice and cornmeal? I had a good stockpile but now it’s almost depleted, and I really need to buy both over the next few days. TIA”
- From Vivian on Facebook: “My husband needs cheap waterproof and steel toed work boots too. If you have a magic way to find them he needs size 11W. Thanks.”
- Ellen sends over: “Alcohol-free hand sanitizer is on our school supply list. Not only am I having trouble finding it in stores, the best price I’ve been able to find online is about $5 for an 8.5 oz bottle (target dot com & amazon). I’m wondering if $5 IS a good price and I should snap it up, or shop around more?”
- From Meg: “Lots for Tots Consignment sale this weekend in Libertyville. We offer anything and everything kids related such as maternity clothes, basic to brand name/boutique clothing, shoes, pack-n-plays, playpens, swings, strollers – single, double, triple, jogging, exersaucers, jumperoo’s, bouncers, seats, outside toys, inside toys, highchairs, sports equipment, computer games, books, games, DVD’s, console games – Wii, Playstation, baby/kids furniture such as changing tables, gliders, dressers, beds, toy organizers, and everything you can think of from the pregnancy stages through the childhood years. Why buy new when you can purchase the same great quality items at a fraction of retail, anywhere from 50% – 90% off.
- Location: Libertyville Sports Complex 1950 N Hwy 45 Libertyville, IL 60048
- Dates/Times: Friday, August 9, 11:00am-7:00pm (Open to the Public) Saturday, August 10, 10:00am-5:00pm (Open to the Public) Sunday, August 11, 10:00am-2:00pm (1/2 off select items)”
- Jane shares: “Disclaimer up on the FREE Bic pencils! The picture is wrong, it’s some other off-brand of mechanical pencils. The bin is still full of the Bic’s and I did not see the other one anywhere near the Bic ones. Bic was $2 something priced. Sounds like a bait and switch to me. I hate they can lure you into the store only to say sorry it was a printing error. (only if they put up a sign!) On a good note; I tried the Centrella PB and the creamy tastes just like name brand. I had a Planters in my pantry to compare with, and they taste identical to us. Only the Planters jar is 16.3 oz. where the Centrella is a full 18 oz! Going back to stock up before they un out. Also, I saw Earthbound Farms salad boxes on sale 99 cents because they are about to expire. I am going to try to use the coupon from the Jewel ad to get some for FREE!? Hope it scans ok. I’d say organic greens are better for me than mechanical pencils anyway! So there!”