Reader deals 8/8/10Posted at 10:26 pm by rachel in cvs, dollar general, dominicks, reader deals, valli, walgreens
- Tammy has a heads up on their new return policy: “Just to remind everyone of TCP new return policy….. I went to return some things that I ordered on line that didn’t fit my DS and couldn’t because I refused to let them copy my DL. From their website: To make a return or exchange, you will be required to present a valid photo ID* (see below for the types of ID that we accept) that will be scanned at the time of the return. Information from your ID will be retained in a database of customer return activity that The Children’s Place uses to authorize returns. Information stored in this database will not be used for marketing purposes. *The Children’s Place accepts the following IDs for all returns and exchanges: U.S. or Canadian Driver’s License, U.S. State ID, Canadian Province ID, U.S. Military ID, Passport, U.S. Laser Visa, and Mexican Consulate Card. This is bad policy. No store in the world needs a copy of my DL or passport on file!!”
- Feelgood found a $4.00/1 printable to use in this week’s Dulcolax deal.
- One from Lisa: “Dollar General has the Air Wick Aqua Mist refresher on BOGO through 8/16. Pair this with the BOGO coupon in today’s SmartSource insert for 2 free.”
- Feelgood points out that Dominick’s has a price scanning guarantee like Jewel’s, where you’re supposed to get your first item for free if it rings up more than the shelf tag or advertised price, and the rest at the advertised/tagged price. A couple of links explaining: http://funandfrugal20s.blogspot.com/2010/01/safeways-scanning-policy.html and http://springsbargains.com/price-and-scan-right-guarantee-policies/ and there may be a sign at CS. Who knew?
- Ruth shares: “I went to Dom’s in Schaumburg (corner of Golf/Barrington) and had to ask customer service for the muscle coupon book. They said they had it in the back office, but came out and gave me one.”
- Reassurance from Aprl: “some people had a concern about getting their money back for Bacardi rebate. I received my $60 rebate yesterday. I mailed it in on July 12. So it was less then a month. I am surprised how quickly it was, because I still didn’t get some of my rebates, I mailed in May.”
- Michelle verifies that you can get adult tickets for kids price at the Jewel CS desk: “I just picked up 4 tickets, no other purchase, for kids price, no problem.”
- Jeanne says: “Another tip related to the Six Flags tickets. Any purchases on-line or at the parks with your Discover Card gets you an automatic 5% discount. So online you can get the Jewel price and also save 5% when you pay with Discover. Also, when you get to the security lines at the park there is a special entrance to the park for Discover card holders at Great America all the way on the left hand side. You just show your Discover card and no waiting in all those lines. This was a nice surprise yesterday.”
- Letsshop has one to share: “Staples small MM $1 off coupon in todays SS Scotch tape desk top Plus free after rebate”
- From Ruth: “At Valli Produce, there were plenty of new coupon books at the end of each checkout line. They say “Curves” on the front. There were several good coupons for some healthy food including some for the Flat Out wraps.”
- Jen Beedie says: “Rumor is the secret RR is rolling. I found some in hickory hills didn’t try rolling though”
Posts on Mashup Mom may contain affiliate links. Please see the disclosure and disclaimer statement.