Here are some of the deals (and heads up!) YOU found recently — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
Big favor: If you mention other sites, online coupons, etc, please include the link. Disclaimer: All of the deals below come straight from readers.
- Laurie noticed: “FYI with the Muller FrutUp…my mom is allergic to fish & the main ingredient is Tilapia. Glad I caught it b4 she tried it!”
Brown’s Chicken & Pasta
- Uncartie sends over: “Free Small Order of Brown’s Golden Mushrooms this Sunday. According to ad in today’s Tribune. These are usually attached to the front of the papers.”
- Patty found a $.50/1 to go with the 8 oz Pom Wonderful that is $1.00 at Jewel and $.99 limit four with JFU at Dominick’s: “You can print this two times per e-mail address…so print away. Any flavor”
- Cara noticed: “Purell 8oz is tagged .99 cents at my store (115th and Kedzie). Use $1 off coupon in recent paper ad and get for free!”
- One to check for from Merri: “I have a personalized price on Creamettes Pasta of $.49. With the BOGO free deal I got four boxes of pasta for $.98 Great Deal.”
- Another from Shandelle: “I got a personalized price on the Muller FrutUp cups for $.78 each and 10% off yogurt. And also the $1/2 ecoupon.. I don’t even like yogurt but these will be great to have on hand when my mom visits in a couple weeks, especially for only about $.20 apiece for 2! ”
- Outlander says: “I have a personalized price for Betty Crocker fruit shapes $1.50 each, so 50 cents each before Qs! There are other Qs on J4U too for cereal that are part of the deal like $0.75/1 Hershey’s cookies and cream, $0.50/1 cocoa Puffs.” She adds: “I already bought mine, so just a warning to make sure you buy ONLY Betty Crocker fruit snacks, not Motts, Sunkist or other General Mills, they are not included in personalized price.”
- Marie reports: “Just went to Dominick’s and the following worked for me my little pony fruit snacks, sponge bob fruit snacks, scooby do fruit snacks, ocean spray fruit snacks, hello kitty fruit snacks, fruit by the foot, GUSHERS DID NOT WORK……. And the coupons went through fine…..” She clarifies: “I have the personalized price of $1.50 and the coupons. As i stated in my comment above GUSHERS ARE NOT working with the deal. The fruit roll ups, scooby do, ninja turtles,hello kitty, sponge bob, are working.”
- Clare wants to confirm all that is working: “Rachel, could we get a list going? This is important for me as my ENTIRE house loves Sunkist, but will not touch Betty Crocker (i.e. Scooby Doo, etc.). We also love fruit roll ups and Gushers. Lots of UPCs, but last year (deal was .49 I think) I bought enough to last us almost the whole school year. But this deal is even better, right? If above poster got that pricing then it’s .25 w/coupons.”
- Ashley reports: “Just got back from doms the my little pony spongebob scoobydoo ninja turtles and hello kitty worked just fine. Got personalized price, instant savings, and coupons went through hth I didn’t try the other varieties tho but it’s definitely working as of 8am” She adds: “Working on ocean spray all variety fruit roll ups all variety simply roll all variety and all the characters. No gushers fruit by the foot motts sunkist” Finally, she shares: “Pics of the varieties that worked and part of my receipt showing it“
Laundry soap deals
- Amanda posts on Facebook: “I did the Tide sale at CVS this week. It is 2/$12 with $4 Extra Bucks and there is a $1.50/2 coupon in the P&G insert. It’s not free but cheap enough for me.”
- Sarah agrees: “If Tide is your brand, CVS is having an ECB deal this week and there is a $1.50/2 printable. Buy 2 for $12, use the $1.50 printable and pay $10.50 and get back $4ECB. Works out to $3.25 each.”
- VB adds: ” cvs has tide and gain on sale 2/$12 with $4ecb. The coupons avaiable for gain make that a little bit of a better deal. Walgreens has Era on sale for $3.49 and we had coupons recently for that too.”
- Rhonda found Tide on Amazon: “clip the coupon brings it down to 10 something“
- And ann shares: “I think the Purex deal at Target is better. Target has 3/3 coupons, there are 3/2 mq and Target is giving a 5 gc on the purchase of three large bottles. Buy 6 at 8 each, $ 48.00 use two target and three mq now 33.00, then receive 2 – $5 gc.”
- Elaina’s deal: “I did the P&G promo today and it worked out soooo good. Here’s what I got: 6 Gillette men’s shave cream at $1.98 each; 1 Venus razor $5.14; 2 Pantene shampoo and 1 hairspray on sale 3/$10. I used two $6 off wyb 3 Gillette coupons, 1 $3 off Venus plus I had a $3 off from Target so that made my razor a MM, 1 Target q for $1 off 2 Pantene combined with the P&G q of $3 off 2, and a custom Meijer printout coupon for $2 off Pantene styler. To sweeten the deal I had saved a catalina from last week to take off $4 more bringing my total to $1.36 (that’s all tax) plus I got the $5 coupon from P&G to further my great deal!”
- Another coupon from Ashley: “Can’t you use the $1/1 ANY mentos gum coupon on those and make it a $0.12 mm?”
- Amy asks: “Has anyone bought and tried those Brown Rice Triscuits? I got them (instead of a second box of Ritz) and thought I would like them since I LOVE Triscuits. They are weird! I wouldn’t say “gross” necessarily, but definitely odd. I feel sick now, but maybe that’s because I was starving so I ate the Triscuits and some cheese, then I moved some heavy furniture with my husband. Anywho…”
- April comments: “My hubby like Sketchers as well and I have found that the best deal is when they go on sale at the Chicago Premium Outlet Mall in Aurora. They go on sale buy one get one half off every couple of months. Maybe call and see if the associates will tell you when that sale will happen again? Also if you have an Entertainment Book there is a coupon in there for the Sketchers store.”
- And Laurie suggests: “For Sketchers you can try Nordstrom rack, they might not be the last model though”
- Abby thinks: “If you are looking for sketchers. The best place to check is shoe carnival. Especially with the buy one get the other half off.” Well that is timely, print this $5/$39.98 Shoe Carnival coupon and use it with their buy one get one 1/2 off sale!
- From nikki: “I just went to Shoe Carnival on Monday and got 2 pairs of twinkle toes for $60. One pair was originally $45. The boys shoes were much cheaper. Check online and you can call the store to verify the prices before you go. Don’t forget the $5.00 off coupon.”
- An option from Sarah: “There is also a Sketchers outlet store in Chicago at 4801 W. North Ave and if you check in with foursquare on your phone, you can get a $5 off of a $50 purchase coupon.”
- Holly shares: “For Skecher’s I bought 3 pairs for my daughter on 6pm.com for $80 and they have free shipping. Also, they arrived really quick.”
Strack & Van Til
- John spotted: “Strack and Van Til has a great deal this week if you like PB&J sandwiches. Planters Peanut Butter (16.3 oz) is 88 cents, limit 4. Also 88 cents is the 32 oz Welch’s grape jelly (must buy 2, limit 2), and Aunt Millie’s Hillbilly bread.”
- JEN C. asks: “I’m planning a trip- Chicago to NYC (just Times Square area) and Washington DC. Flying to NYC and probably renting a car to get to Washington DC and flying home from there. Any tips on saving money would be greatly appreciated.”
- Shandelle says: “I always tell people who are traveling to seek out Groupons or other deals like that for the cities or areas where they’re gonna be.. I’ve done this on all my trips to Europe and it worked out great.”
- JEN C. realized: “It seems that Amtrak from NYC to DC will be easier, faster, and less expensive.”
- Shandelle also says: “You could always try Megabus, too, if they go between the two? I’ve been taking MB consistently for the last 4 years between Chicago and Indy (where my family lives) and the non-stop service always beats Amtrak and all their annoying delays, hands down..”
- A few ideas from Sara: “Also, look into BoltBus, they’re supposed to be nicer than Megabus. If you prefer train (which I do), if you book at least 14 days in advance, you get 25% off the NE Regional. NY to DC is $49. I’m doing the same trip in October, make sure to schedule a free tour with the Big Apple Greeters, they’re excellent! And if anyone has visitors coming to Chicago, remember we also have a greeter program.”
- John offers: “Renting a car one way is usually expensive, Megabus is a better option, I think, unless you want to stop along the way. Not sure if some airlines still charge more for one-way air travel, but Southwest doesn’t. Airbnb.com is a cheap option for housing. Another way to save money is to stay in a hotel outside of the Times Square area and take the subway there. Long Island City in Queens is a close area, with more affordable hotels (but make sure you’re close to the subway).”
- On Hotels.com’s Labor Day sale, Kristy suggests: “Also check your e-mail for a “private sale” announcement, if you are on their e-mail list. I got one this morning, and was glad I had held off on booking my last few hotel reservations for my cross country trip. Truly half off prices on some hotels I was looking at last week.
The email fine print: *Terms & Conditions Hotels.com Private Sale offers are valid exclusively for Hotels.com email subscribers and Facebook fans. To access these offers, follow the link in the Private Sale email or on the Hotels.com Facebook page. Hotels.com may require subscribers to log into their Hotels.com account to view these offers. This offer is not transferrable.
The Private Sale offers are available at participating hotels only, vary by property and are subject to specific restrictions and blackout dates. Savings shown are based on regular hotel rates available on Hotels.com. Prices do not include taxes and fees and are subject to change without notice. Actual rates and room availability for a specific date and destination may vary at any time, including prior to completing a booking. Please see each Private Sale offer for complete terms. Offer valid only on new bookings.”
- VIP coupon Mom says: “Forest Park has no tear pads for Quaker deals, even though last night I saw them when they were setting up!”
- One to check your store for (since these are sometimes regional), from John: “Also, bulk foods are 20% off at Whole Foods on Sat. August 17.”