Here are some of the deals (and heads up!) YOU found recently — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
If you are sharing a deal from another site or an online coupon, please include the link. If you found a deal at a specific store, please include the location.
- *** Disclaimer: All of the deals below come straight from readers.
- Connie says: “It’s actually a better deal to get the other Fitbit model, the Flex, because the Flex retails for $99 and can be used automatically for all functions, including the sleep monitoring. If you want to do sleep monitoring with a Fitbit One, you have to buy the $15 wristband to put it into at night. But if you just want to use it for fitness tracking, this is an excellent deal!”
- Annette weighs in: “Mine came with a sleep band, and I actually prefer the One better as I don’t like things on my wrist. Also the flex didn’t pick up some of my workout activity since it is picked up by arm movement.”
- Jenny posts in Hot Deals about her $50/$100 experience: “ugh, just wasted an hour…. put everything in my cart then it said that one or more of my items does not qualify for discount… forget it… her is their LONG list of exclusions…Excludes Bonus Buys, Door Busters, Incredible Values, Yellow Dot/Black Dot merchandise, fragrance & cosmetics, Clearance Center merchandise, Tech/electronics, candy, coffee & food, fine jewelry, fine and fashion watches, furniture departments and mattresses, cause-related merchandise and other charitable items, gift cards, salon products, service departments, special orders, health & wellness items, small electrics, toys, designer handbags & shoes from select brands, including all Brahmin, Coach, Cole Haan, Columbia, Donald Pliner, Frye, Johnston & Murphy, MICHAEL Michael Kors, Sorel and regular price ASICS, Birkenstock, Dansko, Dolce Vita, Dooney & Bourke, Ivanka Trump, Lucky Brand, Merrell, New Balance, Polo, Reebok, Salomon, Sam Edelman, Sperry Top-Sider and Vince Camuto.Excludes merchandise from BCBGeneration, Coach accessories & footwear, Columbia, Fossil, Free People, Karen Kane, Levi’s, Michael Kors/MICHAEL Michael Kors ladies’ apparel/accessories, Nautica sportswear/sleepwear, NYDJ, Ray-Ban, Silver Jeans Co., Steve Madden footwear, Swarovski crystal, T Tahari sportswear, Tempur-Pedic, Wacoal, Waterford crystal and regular price merchandise from Dooney & Bourke accessories and handbags, Lauren Ralph Lauren ladies’ apparel/accessories, Lucky Brand, Polo, Swarovski jewelry and Tommy Bahama.”
- Monique says: “Sorry, Jenny. We were having that problem until we saw that there was a red ‘2 Day Sale/Coupon eligible’ note below the items names that weren’t disallowed. That saved us a lot of time when we were looking for something $1 or more to bring our order up to $100. I generally ignore Carsons/Boston Store/Bergner store because of their extreme coupon exceptions. On the day after Thanksgiving, it seems that everything is a Bonus Buys, Door Busters, Incredible Values, Yellow Dot/Black Dot or food item.”
- She also says: “Last day of Carson’s 2 day sale $50 off of $100 purchase (ZXCLUSIVE14E) and free shipping for over $75 purchase (FREESHIP75) And they applied the shipping to my order after the $50 off coupon!”
- Debbie warns: “I just printed the $.75 turkey bacon or turkey dinner sausage coupon and it expires on 7/5/2014. Hope it goes on sale next week somewhere (I usually get it at Walgreen’s)!”
- A find from Amy N.: “The CVS on NW Hwy in Palatine has windchimes for 90% off. Right in front of the store. Manager said whatever is not sold is sent back to warehouse on Saturday. As of last night, there were about 10 left.”
- David sends over: “Maruchan Yakisoba at Jewel $ .59 thru 7/1 $ .50 coupon in 5/18 SS”
- Some information from feelgood: “I had 10 Kraft items. After the 5th one, $5 came off. Nothing more came off until the 10th item, then $5 more came off. What’s really bad is the “save $2 instantly when you buy 4 participating Nestle products below” ad, which is just underneath the Kraft $5/5 ad. I was shopping with another couponer tonight, and she wanted to get Hot Pockets. Ad says 5/$7.50, so she got 5. Each rang up $2.00 each, and only took a total of $2.00 off. My friend showed the cashier the ad, cashier kept arguing that you only get $2.00 off for 4, and nothing off for the 5th one. Deceptive advertising when you advertise something 5 for $7.50 and charge the customer $8.00″
- From letsshop: “7UP10 is part of the sale too at Jewel so $5 for 4 cases used 4 $1 coupons (: Altho Perdue line of frozen chicken has only certain varieties that were part of the B1G1 ,so be careful ! and make sure sale sign matches the selection you took.”
- From letsshop on the $1.00/2 Claussen coupon in the 5/18 SS (Sun-Times, but not Tribune: “Just checked again and for the paper ! its from the Hoy ,sometimes he throws me a couple when he remembers ! Not use to getting it and forgot sorry!” It was in the Extra as well.
- Something to look for from peaches: “The Jewel that I shop at on Green Bay in WIlmette had tear pads for $1/3 on any Kraft item a few weeks ago. It was displayed with the cheese..” I have seen them as well in River Forest and Melrose Park, also at Caputo’s and Meijer.
- Sherri was wondering: “Do You Know If The goldfish Puffs Are Included?”
- But Mary Beth reports: “Puffs are not included.”
- From feelgood: “Great price on the Kraft cheese. Even better with the new $5 off 10 participating Kraft products manufacturer coupon found in some Centrella store ads this week. Coupon expires 7/1/14 and includes Kraft shredded, singles, blocks and natural cheese slices. Also includes Crystal light canisters (part of the $3.00/5 catalina deal), Miracle Whip and Kraft Mayo, OM bologna and lunchmeat, Cracker Barrel chunk cheese, Claussen pickles, Kraft dressing, Kool-Aid and Country Time drink mixes, Gevalia coffee, and Planters peanuts!” Check the coupon wording. If it is the same as the one in the Pete’s ad it says it is valid only at Centrella stores.
- Krystle comments: “Just wanted to let everyone know, Jewel is participating in the Crystal Light Catalina deal tried it this morning at the Addison location. Also so is Ultra Foods, received an alert from the Catalina machine from the Lombard location. Should make for a good deal with the expired coupons. Crystal Light, any Canister or 10 On the Go (6/2 – 6/29) Buy 3 & Get $1 Catalina Buy 4 & Get $2 Catalina Buy 5 or more & Get $3 Catalina”
- An inquiry from maggie: “With regard to Menard’s paint, I remember a while back Jill Cataldo mentioned that Menards’ paint is not a very good quality. Several people commented that it took them many layers to get a decent result. On the other hand, Ace’s house brand is apparently very good. We are in desperate need of a paint job, that’s why I’m paying attention… :)”
- Advice from peaches: “Go to the library and look at Consumer Report’s. I believe they tested paint recently. I know they gave Glidden high marks, but I believe there were some other brands they liked.”
- Julie on Facebook asks: “Hey, can you do a shout out for any deals on anything My Little Pony? TIA!!”
- Evelyn asks: “Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows who do I contact if I don’t get the grocery ads delivered to my house. They do deliver them to my area just the person who does it never delivers to my street. Thank you.” If they are hand-delivered, call the Tribune’s main circulation number. There will be an option for Local Values. If your mail carrier brings them, I am not sure.
- A question from Victoria: “i have an app called retale that allows you to view cirulars based on your location on the Jewels ad the last page has a coupon for $5 off 50. Has anyone seen this or tried it? I don’t see any numbers on the barcode. Do you think it would work?”
- Connie is wondering: “Does anyone have any recommendations for a reasonably priced tailor near Lisle/Naperville/Downers Grove/Oakbrook Terrace? I am looking to get a couple of suits altered and don’t have any idea what price range I should be looking for, so I figured I’d start by asking for recommendations.”
- Melanie emails: “I just received an email from PediaSure regarding their new powder. I am sending the link…because there is rebate info. Hope it works for everyone.”
- A warning from feelgood: “Heads up on the Target $2.00 Perdue breaded chicken coupon. Says “limit one offer per transaction.” My couponer friend tried to use one Target coupon and one coupons-dot-com coupon, cashier kept insisting you couldn’t use the coupons-dot-com coupon because of the limitation on the Target coupon.”
- From maggie: “Don’t forget about the Valli coupon inside for a Smores deal! A set of graham crackers, chocolate and marshmellows will come to $5 total when you use Valli’s store coupon ($2 off) and a $1 printable that has been around lately. Great deal in my opinion!”
- Advice from feelgood: “For those with the Facebook $1.00/1 Crystal Light coupons which Rachel mentioned [in this week’s Jewel deals], hold on to them until next week. Crystal Light will be $2.00 at Walgreens, with a $2.00 Register Reward. So a $1.00 MM after coupon! 19-oz Country Time and Kool-Aid canisters will also be $2.00 with a $2.00 Register Reward. Those will be free, too!”