Here are some of the deals (and heads up!) YOU found recently — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
If you are sharing a deal from another site or an online coupon, please include the link. If you found a deal at a specific store, please include the location.
- *** Disclaimer: All of the deals below come straight from readers.
- From peaches: “This Square Foot Gardening book is not the one by Mel Bartholomew, the originator of Square Foot Gardening. I am a big fan of his, and I own two of his books. I just want to warn people, because this book looks like it is not nearly as informative as his original or even his revised book is.”
Deal of the day
- Emily warns: “Be careful if you need to return an item bought with this Groupon. I purchased a shirt at one Sears store. I asked about what would happen if I returned it and they told me I would get a $20 merchandise credit back. I decided that the shirt didn’t fit right and went to a second sears store to see if they had another size. They didn’t so I decided to return the shirt. This second store refunded the $8 over the $20 over my credit card but said that the Groupon works like a coupon and I wouldn’t get anything back. I had to argue with three employees and spent about 10 minutes explaining that I PURCHASED this Groupon and it was not like a coupon. I finally did get the MC. It appears that some stores are not as up to the policies as others.”
- Charlotte posts on Facebook: “Zulily has a nice LeapFrog sale going on “
- A find from mary: “the park ridge jewel on busse also has mushroom compost for 99 cents, as well as potting soil. Topsoil is 69 cents, and miracle gro potting mix is 2.49”
- And letsshop found: “My store in Countryside has plants 75% off”
- A tip from mary for those finding garden supply clearance: “perennials go on sale in July / August, you can use that super cheap mushroom compost and potting soil when you plant them later this summer.”
- On the Horizon mac & cheese, Kristen adds: “I also had an mperks manufacturer coupon for $1 off every 3 and the Catalina machine has been spitting out more coupons. I have gotten both $1/3 and $.75/2.”
- And Kari O. says: “I read on shoppers apprentice that a $1/3 catalina coupon prints before you pay. So, if you’re using self checkout you can use that one instantly,”
- From Charlotte on the Clorox 2: “The Menards in Bolingbrook has this on an end cap at the electrical dept. Because, you really want to deal with fluids at the same time as electrical. ;)”
- Ashley shares: “There’s a great deal on Hill’s Ideal Balance dog food, and a decent price for the cat food at Petsmart through June 22nd“
- She adds: “And Fish as low as $0.60 each!”
- Tori asks: “Does anyone use Ting for cell phone service? How is it? Thanks!”
- From Charlotte: “I’m wondering if anyone has seen plug in repellents? My parents, who live in Spain, have those. One per room, and it keeps the worst of the mosquitoes at bay. They are not the sonic ones, but made by the same company that make Glad. Just you know, their Spanish branch.”
- Patrick is wondering: “Does anyone know which Targets in the northern suburbs carry Dove Bars (the ice cream, I think it’s a 3-pack)? The three stores in Niles do not, the store in Glenview does not, the Highland Park store does but they’re out of them and the Wheeling store does not. Thanks.”
- A tip from Kari O. on the Starbucks K-Cups deal: “I’ve had success doing in store pickup and redeeming manufacturer coupons. So, you could save a little more using the $3/2 printable if your store allows it.”
- Pam comments: “I think the Dixie plates and bowls are a good deal. They are on sale for $1.67, but don’t forget there is a 0.55/1 coupon in the 5/18 RP, plus there have been 0.55/1 IPs available for the Dixie ultra moments also, which are in fact included in the sale. So $1.12 is not bad for these.”
- Pam shares: “I price-matched the [Food 4 Less] razors at Walmart,f or a little bit of overage! There is a limit of only 2 though, so that kind of sucks”