Here are some of the deals (and heads up!) YOU found recently — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
If you are sharing a deal from another site or an online coupon, please include the link. If you found a deal at a specific store, please include the location.
- *** Disclaimer: All of the deals below come straight from readers.
- Zack posts in Hot Deals about the pinch guards: “We got these a while back! They are pretty cook and useful for under two bucks!”
- And if you want to be terrified into buying them, Kari O. shares: “I’m buying these. My sister in law got her pinky chopped off earlier this year from a rogue door, so for $1.67 I can be a little less paranoid about my kiddos near doors. Thanks!” That is horrible!
- Suzann says: “For bridal check the most upscale consignment shops in your area- that’s how I got rid of mine. Next marriage ceremony was at the courthouse—LOL. I am one of the readers in Houston so my consignment shop will not work for you looking for a bridal gown but try the upscale consignment stores in your area perhaps even phoning ahead so you don’t waste gasoline. This used to be a decent resource but I do not know what it has evolved into–David’s Bridal.”
- Beth suggests: “Wedding Belles in Barrington sells sample dresses and on consignment. I paid about $400 for my dress there in 2005. Wouldn’t know what the prices are like these days, but I had a great experience there when I was a bride.”
- Joanne’s advice: “For the person looking for wedding dresses – there is a little thrift store in Tinley Park – called NU2U – 170th Oak Park Avenue – every so often they get a donation from bridal salons of the sample dresses – they don’t have much left now(a couple of racks – a few months ago they had so many dresses, they held a special sale at t different location) – but they are only $15 – the fabric and ornamentation on the dresses is worth more than that. I think its worth a trip – you can ask when they’ll get the next shipment in(if they know they also had bridesmaid, mother of the bride, etc.”
- An idea from theresa: “Bridal shop in west dundee having one day sample sale I think it is April 26th. Give them a call. saw sign as I drove through town but not really looking for that.”
- A tip from Jamie: “Check craigslist and Facebook groups. There are also wedding blogs- I don’t remember the name but it was only 5 years ago but I had posted my dress. It never sold but it was kind of expensive.”
- An idea from ellen: “try the Goodwill in Lincoln Park in chicago. My daughter shops there for designer clothes.”
- Another from kelly: “I was just at Stratford Square Mall in Bloomingdale. There’s a store there called Total Wedding. I noticed they were having 50% off on wedding dresses. Looked like a pretty good selection. The store is on the upper level across from JC Penney.”
- Jill warns: “I used to buy the groupon to King Spa a lot, but most recently I have found the place to be crazy busy and far from zen. I don’t think it is even worth $10 with the amount of folks packed into the place!”
- Kari O. found Popchips: “I just bought these on clearance yesterday at Jewel! They were $1.50 in Spring Grove. Woo, looks like I’ll be post redeeming. :)”
- Sent over by feelgood: “Dozen Krispy Kreme donuts BOGO 4/28“
- One from jane: “Does anyone have any free classes on Windows 8/8.1 to recommend? Staples offers classes, but I’m not sure if there is a cost.” One place to check is your local library; they often offer free basic computer classes.
- Lori S. reports: “Ultra in Downers Grove doesn’t even sell Aloha Morning Hawaiian Punch, looked for it the other day.”
- But linda found it: “the ultra in Kankakee has the aloha morning and is part of the sale I purchased 3 for 88 cents each and my kids love it.”