Here are some of the deals (and heads up!) YOU found recently — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
Big favor: If you mention other sites, online coupons, etc, please include the link. Disclaimer: All of the deals below come straight from readers.
- John noticed some information on the free paint: “The coupon is also on page 2 of today’s Ace ad in the Tribune. It says “average availability 40 quarts per store,” not sure how long that usually lasts.”
- A find from jenniferh: “oodrich theaters is starting up a spring FREE movie for kids series. FREE!!!! saturday and sunday 9am and 10 am. included titles are Ice age, 3 stooges, rise of the guardians, madagascar 3, hotel transylvania, the pirates, paranorman, and the lorax. Free is good for us because you never know how much a 3 year old will sit in a movie!!”
- A heads up from Amy: “It is 6 oz of blackberries. Our Aldi had a sign today. But still a great price!”
- From jenniferh: “Yep, west dundee had it mislabeled as 1 pt. I asked at checkout and they gave me a free 6oz (i was buying a bunch anyway) as a “price match” and then they fixed the sign. I guess if its in the ad and you are the first one to catch it they will price match for you.”
- On the $5.00 Kindle Hunger Games trilogy, Jen noticed: “Also, these come up on the list of Kindle Prime books that can be “checked out” for free with membership.”
- A deal idea from Susan: “I got a coupon out of magic coupon machine at CVS for $10 off crest white strips. This week you get $10 off white strips automatically with your card. There is a $7 coupon out there and a $10 mail in rebate. I got the $63 ones (there are cheaper strips). $10 off automatically. $10 CVS qpon. $7 manufacturer qpon. $10 mail in rebate. I had some ECB’s to burn so I thought it was worth it:)” $7.00/1 is in the 2/10 RP.
- LauraL found: “On page 5 of the Chicago Suntimes, there are three $2.00 Grain Berry coupons. One for cereal, muffin mix and snack crackers. For each one of these products, they are showing the Dominicks price at $1.99, so all would be free. Plus there is a mail in rebate for another free item.”
- Maggie posts on Facebook: “Just wanted to give you a heads up to check your email from JC Penney today. I got a $5 off $5 online or in store purchase from them this morning.”
- LauraL got it too: “Check your email from JCPenny. I received a $5.00 off $5.00 coupon.”
- Observations from feelgood: “Toaster Strudel for .94 each sounds like a great price. Will have to check Sunday inserts and printables for coupons, they’re usually around .50 off on 2. Much better deal at Walgreens this week on Right Guard, $1.00 for two as Rachel had posted.”
- One from edie: “After all these comments and information, I was sold to ditch Comcast. Now, my hubby agreed, but insists that he NEEDS to watch the Blackhawks! If you don’t know they are doing fantastic and headed for the playoffs. If I’m right they are only shown on Comcast Sports. Is this true?? Is there any solution for this? Please also updates on any hardware would be great!”
- Sara responds: “If you live in Chicago, you are blacked out of all local teams on the live online viewing options. This includes, NBA, MLB, and NHL. Some will allow you to watch the game after it has occurred but not live if you are in the local viewing area.”
- A question from SoapboxTray: “Does anyone have that book “Don’t Panic – Dinner’s in the Freezer”? Just curious about cooking meals ahead and freezing and how they are.”
- One review, from de: “Have read it and liked the book.Got it from the library. Have made egg bakes from her recipe. She includes instructions for preparing the dinner for the the day you’re cooking as well as freezing the meal you’re fixing.”
- Debbie says: “I’m a Goodwill shopper and ours (Champaign) doesn’t do the Club Goodwill card or scratch off ticket. Our ‘color’ changes on Sunday or Monday and lasts all week with 50% off. We have 20% for seniors 55+ on Wednesday’s.”
- From Matt: “Good Will also sends you a postcard during the month of your birthday for 25 percent off any purchase.”
- But Debbie replies: “Again, our Goodwill doesn’t do the postcard in your birthday month.”
- Kari O. sheds some light: “There are two different sets of Goodwill’s. One does the club card with all the mentioned discounts and birthday postcard. This is the ‘south east Wisconsin’ group which includes ones all over IL, including Paletine, Lake Zurich, Round Lake, etc. The other Goodwill’s are starting the “Star Card” which will feature similar discounts but not identical. This group includes McHenry and others, I think it’s considered the ‘northern IL’. I just received an email last week about the new star card but deleted it. Which stinks cause it listed all the locations that aren’t SE Wisconsin. Both sets overlap each other, so it’s very confusing. The best way to tell apart is the tags. The ‘south east Wisconsin’ group uses nice color coordinated tags. The northern IL group does not.” She adds: “I prefer the south east Wisconsin group. They’re better prices, higher quality, and less of a ‘warehouse’ feel I think. I go to Round Lake, Mundelien, Lake Zurich, Algonquin and Paletine. All these take the club card.”
- Matt also says: “The St. Charles Savers actually runs better deals than the other thrift stores as usually when you walk in the door they have sign that says “Manager’s Special” and it typically states two different colored tags are 50 percent off.”
- Finally, he adds: “My most recent ValPak has a Savers coupon for 50 percent off clothing, shoes, accessories and bed and bath. It’s good until March 23, 2013.”
- Kevin shares: “The Target Tropicana strawberry bananna was sold out. Refrigerated juices are stocked on Sunday and Thursday morning. Buy 4 Tropicana Farmstand Juice 46 oz $3 Buy 1 Kellogg’s Eggo Waffles $2 Total = $14 Use 4 $1/1 Tropicana Farmstand coupons found in the 3/3 RP Pay $10 Get back a $5 Target Gift Card”
- Tori’s experience: “Actually, the few times I’ve price matched Amazon at Target, they have an ipad at CS and they scan your item and them punch in the number for it and search at their select matching sites (Best Buy is one). If it doesn’t come up, they won’t match, if it does then they will.”
Posts on Mashup Mom may contain affiliate links. Please see the disclosure and disclaimer statement.