Here are some of the deals (and heads up!) YOU found recently — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
Big favor: If you mention other sites, online coupons, etc, please include the link. Disclaimer: All of the deals below come straight from readers.
- From Cheryl on Facebook: “Willow Taekwondo ~ You and your family are welcome to join us and/or observe any of our classes with no pressure to join. There is no need to pre-arrange a date to visit. We have classes every Saturday morning from 9:00 AM – 10:15 AM and Tuesday evening from 5:45 PM – 7:00 PM at The Chapel located at: 180 N. Hawthorne Road, Barrington Hills, IL 60010. We meet in the lower level. Make sure to chat with me (Cheryl) or one of our volunteer staff…we can answer any of your questions and tell you more about our ministry and the wonderful fellowship activities that we offer our members. Enrollment fee is $25, uniform/patches/belt is $25, and tuition is $15/month. Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org“
- Cindy H. comments: “Stopped at the Aldi on Rt. 53 in Bolingbrook where there is a little bit of a remodel going on. Asked the cashier what was up, and she said they are getting their own distributor of meat and increasing their organic line, including fruits and veggies. She said they want people to make Aldi their one-stop shopping destination for groceries. I’ll be curious to see what they will be carrying in regards to the meat dept.”
- Outlander suggests: “For any kind of different flour that’s cheap go to Indian grocery stores, like Patel Brothers in Carol Stream for example. There are many, many different kinds and most have Indian names, but you can ask what’s what. Also at Patel Brothers they have AWESOME big samosas for sale Friday, Saturday & Sunday at noon for $0.69 each. I go and buy 15 to last a few days, just keep in the fridge an reheat in the microwave. They are warm and delicious and right by the registers when you go there, but they go fast! Many other things are cheaper there too. I also buy my incense there. Also there is like a dozen different Basmati rice kinds. I just bought a bag last week 10lb for $10. Good place to buy that kind of stuff.”
- Sabrina says: “We use a lot of gluten free flours for medical reasons for my daughter. I agree with outlander, local ethnic stores are reasonably priced for paleo and gf flours. However, the bulk flours can not guarantee purity, so we can’t buy them. I use Amazon. There are two flours normally $4.99 on sale at Whole Foods, for less than $2 per bag (sold by case of 4) when I use subscribe and save. If you need purity guaranteed, this is the best price I have found!”
- Charlotte comments: “I make my own almond flour by buying whole raw almonds and tossing them in a blender. If you blend too long you get almond butter, so it’s win-win ”
- Sara found: “Over at the Krazy Coupon Lady, they just posted an article on how to make your own almond flour, butter, and milk this week.”
- Advice from RDietz: “We love Sherlock! It’s on Netflix, though, so don’t waste your money if you have Netflix.”
Bargains in a Box
- An update on this place from Caroline on Facebook: “I went to Bargains in a Box in River Grove today. They had a ton of Kraft Mac n Cheese for .50. The regular and the spiral. Ugh I didn’t look at the expiration date, but if your interested you can call and ask. They also had Wilton fondant in a box for cake making for $2. Its a really quirky place. My friend and I discovered it one day. When it first opened it was soooo cheap like stuff was .25. I got a lot of Wilton pans there for $1, $2 but it’s not the same anymore the manager have changed and the prices have shot up. The only reason I went today was because they had stuff from Costco that I was interested in.” She also says they don’t accept coupons.
- Matt says: “The Chick-Fil-A in Batavia on Randall Road opened today. If you go there be sure to look for a survey on your receipt, which you’ll find when the stores first open. If you complete the survey usually they will give you a free Chick-Fil-A sandwich.”
- Outlander noticed: “Bartlett Dominick’s had these huge 4lb+ cans [of tuna] on clearance for $2! It’s by the cheeses fridge on the clearance rack.”
- Mellee asks: “Does anyone have any details on the Jewel in Aurora’s store closing? I mean are they still carrying all the products they had? Or is it a skeleton of a store? Are they still accepting coupons? I’m trying to determine if its worth a trip. Thanks!”
- Becky is curious too: “I was wondering if they are still accepting coupons also. Sometimes when a store is closing they won’t.”
- Andrea responds: “When my jewel osco closed, they accepted coupons up until the end. I was able to score some good deals. Stuff flies out CRAZY fast though, so I recommend getting in there early. Once it went to 50% off, it was madness in there. I still did get some good deals on ice creams and some other random items though. Also be on the watch for the milk and eggs being marked down low due to expiration dates. Initially they didn’t go on sale, but once it was a day or two before the “best by” date, thy were marked down pretty cheap.”
- Sabrina has the answers: “The Jewel in Aurora is accepting coupons. It was crazy today, picked over. And there were a bunch of employees from other stores transferring stock to their stores. There was no meat (butchers block). Very few toiletries. Tons of diapers. Tons of liquor. Tons of ice cream. Other frozen stuff was really picked over. A lot of dairy products. A lot of shelf stable juice. No soda. A lot of paper and cleaning products. Not much for cookies/snacks. A lot of coffee and cereal.”
- LakeviewBarb shares: “LGC484LB is the 40% off code“
- A deal from Ashley: “Meijer has dr scholls shoes on clearance for $10, and they have that $10/1 meijer mperks store coupon, limit five. It comes off up to five times in a single transaction which makes them completely free! They had both mens and women’s shoes on clearance at that price.”
- Brandy on Facebook asks: “Anybody know where I can find cheap lil hot dogs and bbq sauce”
- Daria sends over: “My husband is taking a short business trip to Orlando at the end of May, and we are trying to also fit in a couple days at Disney. It would be our almost-7 year old daughter’s first time. I was wondering if your readers had any suggestions for getting the most experience out of our buck. We will probably only be able to spend 2 or 3 days at the most. I’m looking for suggestions on hotels, food, tickets, etc. Thanks in advance everyone!”
- Susan posts on Facebook: “For all those that have front loading washing machines there are class action lawsuits being filed due to the mold/mildew problems with the machines. The most recent one file was against Kenmore. See complexlitgroup.com for the specifics. Apparently FoxNews did a piece on having to wash your front loader after washing your clothes. I have been reading that liquid laundry detergent (speaking of liquid HE laundry detergent) creates a problem and those switching to an HE powder it goes away. “”
- Melissa shares: “Ultra in chicago heights has Quaker 8+2 bonus Quaker bar boxes for .99cents. Theres a huge display of them. I used $1/2 tearpad coupons and got them for .49 per box! The best by dates ranged from mid to late feb.”
- Charlotte adds to the Starbucks deal: “If you have on [endorse] coffee up to $3. So it’s like 2 for $7.98. Better deal! ”
- Something to consider from kate: “As a possible way to figure out the Walgreens pricing differences, a manager told me once that the higher the competition in the area, the lower the Walgreens prices. The one accross the street from Walmart is always much cheaper than the one three miles down the road. The same for ones accross from a CVS, Target, etc.”
- A tip from Kendra: “Suggestion for those buying chicken- bring large trashbags to put the box of chicken in before puting in your car. I picked up 6 cases last time and although I put them on a tarp, I did not bag them and ended up with chicken juice in my car interior!!!! Nothing smells worse! If you are unfortunate enough to have this happen, enzyme cleaner bought from the pet store( used for cleaning up urine) works wonders!!!!”
Posts on Mashup Mom may contain affiliate links. Please see the disclosure and disclaimer statement.