Here are some of the deals (and heads up!) YOU found recently — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
Big favor: If you mention other sites, online coupons, etc, please include the link. Disclaimer: All of the deals below come straight from readers.
- Jennifer noticed: “ALDI in Merrillville, IN had gallon milk for $1.89!”
- Outlander recommends checking for Q-tips: “Watch for those at Costco too. I bought exact same 3-pack with Q from their Q booklet for about $6-$7 a few months ago.”
- Centerpiece tips from ElizabethO: “I did something similar last spring with a centerpiece of flowers in the inner vase and cut limes in the outer vase. It smelled fantastic. Just a tip if anyone wants to do this but doesn’t have two vases that fit inside each other, Goodwill. I found mine there and for the vases, flowers, and limes it was around $15-20.”
- In response to celmarie’s $25/50 email, Kathy comments: “Haven’t gotten that exact offer, but have had $10 off $35 and others. These seem to work post, not pre-coupon, but if there’s something you need it’s a great deal.”
- From Amanda: “I heard the kmart in naperville is closing!”
- More information from Kathy: “True. Yesterday was week 3 of the liquidation. Health/Beauty/Grocery still at 10% off. They aren’t honoring the ad so no real bargains in this area. Some clothing dropped to 25% from 20% yesterday.”
- Kitty shares a Catalina alert: “Buy Meijer brand bath tissue, paper towels or napkins between 2/17/13 and 3/13/13: Buy 2 get $2 off, Buy 3 get $3 off, buy 4+ get $4 off next total bath tissue, paper towel or napkin purchase.”
Organic and natural options
- Matt thinks: “Valli has delicious Minneolas for $.99 a lb.”
- Jane says: “I’ve seen grassfed beef now at both Jewel and Target. Expensive, but they do mark it down when it gets near the “use by” date. Could make it and freeze it (or eat it!), or freeze it and make it later. I also noticed Seeds of Change organic seeds packets at Menards today, but couldn’t find the price.”
- One from lifelongwalk: “The Seeds of Change seed packets were $2 ea at my Menards (Crystal Lake, IL) this weekend. Not a bad price for organic – and sometimes heirloom – seeds.”
- Donna K suggests: “At my local Angelo Caputos at times you’ll see organic prices rivaling regular produce prices. I’ve gotten organic broccoli, celery and carrots at great prices there.” Definitely! This week it was organic carrots at the same price as conventional, a 2 lb bag for $1.29. The others she mentioned come up fairly regularly, along with lettuce and cauliflower, that I can think of.
- One from jane: “If you’re not aware of where the produce markets are in your area, how would you search for it? I googled but didn’t get much for NW Indiana.”
- Andrea on Facebook asks: “I know there has been discussion here before about waterpark hotels in the Dells. We’re thinking about taking a short spring break trip and I’m wondering whether people like Wilderness, Great Wolf, or Kalahari best. Our boys are 5 and 3.5, if that makes any difference! Thanks!”
- Regarding the P&G deal at Target, Diane is wondering: “Does anyone know if the Charmin deal includes Charmin Sensitive? Thanks!”
- An Easy Mac alternative from Amanda on Facebook for those missing the deals on it: “Instant Mug o’ Mac & Cheese in the Microwave: 1/3 cup pasta, 1/2 cup water, 1/4 cup 1% milk, 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese”
- Stella sends over: “The Owen Elementary School PTA will hold its Spring/Summer Children’s Clothing, Toy, and Equipment Resale on Saturday March 3rd from 7:00-11:00 a.m. with a half price sale from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. at Owen Elementary School Gymnasium, 1560 Westglen Drive, Naperville. Numbers will be given out at 6:00 a.m. Closely supervised children only. No strollers, please!”
- Reasons to shop resale from seachicago: “Hi, everybody! I know this comes up periodically, but I’ve been doing some thrift shopping lately, and just wanted to mention again what great bargains you can get! And you can be “green” at the same time. Lots of fun stuff to find if you like to treasure hunt! Bigger stores like Unique, Savers and Goodwill are super, but you can also find amazing things at small neighborhood second-hand and consignment stores, especially when they are near more upscale neighborhoods. Also check for sale days at stores: Monday mornings are 50% off everything at Unique and Savers is 25% off on Mondays (in the Chicago area). Just a sample of a few things I’ve gotten for my kids (elementary school age) in the last couple of weeks, all in good – excellent condition: *girl’s Columbia jacket (shell + removable fleece): $5 (approx. MSR $100) *boy’s Levi’s jeans: $2 *Carter’s/Gap/Old Navy LS tshirts: $1-2/ea. *boy’s Old Navy fleece pullover: $1.50 *girl’s Columbia zip front fleece: $2.50 *girl’s Spyder parka (shell + removable fleece): $4.75 (approx. MSR $200+) *paperback children’s chapter books: 15 cents – 75 cents Not kid-related: (4) brand new Crate & Barrel brightly colored large custard-cups for 25 cents each!”
- Matt emails: “The Lombard and Downers Grove Good Will stores will both have their grand opening on Feb. 14.”
- Sue has another place to look for Q-tips: “you can go to Sams and et 1375 Q-tips for 6.32. Thats a half a penny each I think”
- Sarah P says: “Wolf Brand Chili is in ad $1 each. Use .40/1 from 1/20 s doubles to .80 makes them .20 a can.”
- A heads up from Shandelle: “I know this is post is pretty old by now but wanted to point out a small clarification about the Hormel pepperoni. I did the deal tonight and didn’t realize the Hormel turkey pepperoni is 6 oz and not 7 oz and therefore not included even though it costs the same as the other Hormel varieties. I usually only buy turkey pepperoni as it’s a little healthier so I just got additional taco shells instead. But I did not know this until the register didn’t ring up the $5 gift card.”
- Michelle on Facebook reports: “I did the Pampers deal at Target today. Bought 2 packs of Pampers @ 8.99 and 2 tubs of Pampers wipes @ 2.39. Used 2 $1.50 Pampers Swaddlers printables from coupons.com, 2 $.50 Pampers wipes printables from coupons.com, and 2 $1.50 off of Pampers diapers and wipes Target coupons from 2 weeks ago in the Sunday paper. Got back a $5 GC and hopefully my deal on diapers works for 50% back. As long as that works, $5.79 for all.” The 50% back is from endorse.
- Feelgood sends over a deal idea: “The Glade Expressions Fragrance Mist Starter Kits are still sale priced ($2.84 each at my Walgreens) and giving 2K points when you buy 3.
www.coupons.com still has $2.00/1 MQ’s. 3 Glade Expressions Starter Kits = $8.52, 1 Bathroom Tissue or Paper Towel = $.50 (after IVC), Use three $2.00/1 MQ’s and tissue/towel IVC. Subtotal = $3.02, Pay with $3 RR (Thermacare or Chloraseptic) and .02 OOP. Get 2K points.” There is also a $2.00/1 here.
- Another one from feelgood: “Lysol products (toilet bowl cleaner, neutra air, all purpose or bathroom cleaner, etc.) are 2/$5 this week, and 2K points when you purchase $10 or more. There’s a $2 off any (2) Lysol products MQ inside the Answers at Walgreens COLD & FLU booklet, found near the pharmacy. MQ expires 8/31/13, and states “limit of two (2) like coupons in same shopping trip”. Buy 4 Lysol, use two $2.00/2 MQ’s, pay $6.00, and hopefully get 2K points!”
- One more from feelgood: “Chloraseptic worked for me. IVC wouldn’t scan but the cashier price modified it to $1.99. Used $1.00/1 MQ and OOP with tax was 99 cents…and got the $3 RR each time. Now I can use two of the $3 RR’s plus 2 small fillers for the Lysol deal. 4 Lysol products, 2 Chloraseptic spray, 2 toilet paper or 2 paper towels and 2K points…all for $2.98!”
Posts on Mashup Mom may contain affiliate links. Please see the disclosure and disclaimer statement.