Here are some of the deals (and heads up!) YOU found recently — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
Big favor: If you mention other sites, online coupons, etc, please include the link. Disclaimer: All of the deals below come straight from readers.
- Candice comments: “You may want to let your readers know about this gem that I discovered the other day while searching for books for my classes. Amazon offers ‘Amazon Student‘ which allows any student with a “.edu” email address provided from their educational institution to join. With an Amazon Student membership you get to enjoy part of Amazon Prime FREE for 6 months and then after that, you have the option to join the regular Amazon Prime for a discounted rate of $39 annually for four years! During your free trial you receive free two-day shipping like regular Prime, but you do NOT get to stream movies/videos/Kindle downloads for free. If you choose to join Prime at the discounted rate of $39, then you get all of the regular perks of Amazon Prime. During your 6 month free trial, you can join regular Prime at any time, you do not have to wait until the free 6 month period is over. Also, if you currently have a Prime membership, you can still join Amazon Student and then you will save half off Prime for four years! Sorry if this post sounds like a sales pitch, but its really about saving money and it’s a great deal for students!”
- Jen shares: “Re: Add on items–Yes I have been seeing more of those, but they’re always very cheap things, like under $5, and I can understand why they wouldn’t want to just ship those tiny items all alone. For me it’s not a huge deal because I need the item urgently I look for it elsewhere, or else I just leave the item in my cart until I am ready to buy something else. I use my Amazon Prime membership A LOT. I really do buy tons of stuff from Amazon, and it’s been a huge bonus lately as I’m pregnant and the weather has been so lousy. It’s awesome to not have to trek out to buy stuff like pharmacy items, paper towels, etc! I also did 85% of my holiday shopping on Amazon this year, specifically because of the free, fast shipping. We also use the streaming video a lot, mostly for my 4yo. We have a refurbished Kindle Fire that he’s been using for close to 2 years now. (I admit I’m impressed it’s still working well! I thought for sure the occasional drop would have broken it by now, but nope.) We bought a few episodes of his favorite shows so he can watch them on the go, but I’d say at home most of what he watches comes from Amazon. I do NOT think the lending library is very useful, personally. There’s just not a ton in there, and there’s no good way to search for it. Plus you can only read that stuff on Kindle devices, and while we do have a regular Kindle plus the Fire (yes, we’re kind of a gadget family!) I more often read using the Kindle app on my phone, which means the lending library can’t help me. But if you’re looking for a way to stream some content AND you buy a medium to large amount of stuff on Amazon I think Prime is absolutely worthwhile. If you’re the kind of person who does more of your shopping in person and don’t need the streaming, though, it’s probably not such a great value.”
- Kerri noticed: “The only downside I see is that it does say offers are limited so check to see if the offers are still available before you go to the store….”
- And Samantha found: “This is pretty cool! Checking it out, and it looks like you can order stuff online and still use the app!”
- Stacey reports: “K-Mart off of Torrence Avenue in Lansing, Illinois had a ton of Christmas merchandise available…One in particular was the JELL-O Christmas Molds for $.70 cents…
- From Outlander: “You know all those Corelle dishes supposedly on sale, like this one? Well their regular price is $26.99 at Meijer every day. Those are the ones listed for $27 on Amazon and Walmart. They have a smaller bread and butter plate 6.75″ not 8.5″ salad plate. The more expensive sets are $59.99. That could be a good deal at Meijer with one of their Qs.”
- Caroline on Facebook asks: “Can the poster who mentioned the Wilton candy melts at Meijer tell me what colors they saw. TIA”
- Aimee responds: “He bought the candy cane ones. I don’t know if there were any more.”
- From Anna, regarding the Buffalo Grove Dominick’s: “This store is closing end of January. I have called there several times, and the manager did not know when the 50% off sale might start. If any one been to that store please let us know if the the sale started.”