Here are some of the deals (and heads up!) YOU found recently — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
Big favor: If you mention other sites, online coupons, etc, please include the link. Disclaimer: All of the deals below come straight from readers.
- Sarah shares: “Free music on Amazon: A Collection of the Most Relaxing Classical Music in the Universe, 30 total tracks for free, A Collection of the Most Relaxing New Age Music in the Universe, 20 total tracks for free, including a song by Jim Brickman, New Year’s Eve Steve Aoki Mix Tape, 1 track that is 1 hour long for free”
- Suzanne: “There is a SS in espanol in the Hoy papers too including; more Colgate coupons,Fabuloso, Softsoap,Palmolive, Speed stick and Knorr.” Funny, that one was in the Chicago Extra last week even though it was dated 1/5/13.
- From letsshop: “Pulled this from Jill’s post great way of getting free show tickets from buying cereal . Good for the year it says to accumulate codes from certain products .
Good be a great $$ saver for everyone . If you posted this already excuse couldn’t find it when I looked”
- Colleen posts on Facebook: “Usually our Southtown Star has the same coupons as the SunTimes, but this week we got the Finish coupon too ”
- One to check for from Outlander: “If you bought those batteries with extra Qs in the package last week, there was $1/1 Q for Bounty I believe.” Rachel’s was $1.00/2.
- A scenario from Ashley: “Also, for the cvs stay free, if you do the $6.99 packages and use the bogo coupon plus the %/$ off coupons they frequently email, plus the healthy essentials rebate, it is a money maker. And if you have the rain check from Black Friday for the bayer meters, you can get 19.99 in ecb back making it a great money maker after that and coupon!!”
- A report from comicbob: “Dr. Pepper was included in the 3 for $10 with $10 back for $30 even though not on the ad.”
- Krystle comments: “If anyone is looking for the Energizer batteries with the coupon codes. Check your local Dollar General the one in Lombard off of Roosevelt Rd had tons left. This rebate was advertised about 6 months ago but it’s good till 03/31/2013. More details can be found here. Mashed todays Energizer coupons with DG’s $5/$30. For cheap batteries after rebate! (Did this twice over the last two Saturdays)”
- She adds: “Sorry should have specified the rebate comes in the form of a credit on your utility bill of you choice. I live in Illinois and choose Comed electricity service and codes worked perfectly and I received a confirmation email within minutes.”
- Cindy comments: “I accumulated 4 store coupons for $1.50 off granola bars when buying cereal the last few days. Used all four today plus 2 – 50/2 man Qs to get 4 – $1.88 NV granola bars for 55 cents! To top it off, got the $2 cat from Nature Valley to make it a MM!!! =)”
- Clearance from Kathy: “Was picking up cat food with the Bailey’s catalinas from last week and noticed Friskies Crispies cat treats clearanced to .49. Used the $1/2 cat treats from the 10/28 RP and got them free. This was at 63rd and Main in Downers Grove. Don’t know if all Jewel stores have them on clearance.”
- Magda’s cot Catalians: “Stopped in today and bought 3 Fiber 90 cal 1 Brownies, 1 Fiber 1 90 cal Chewy Bars and received two store coupons back. $1.00 off Any Great Deal Item between 1/17-1/23 and $1.50 off Next Granola Bar Purchase.”
- A tip from Alicia on the consumables Catalina deal: “Check your Endorse, too – mine has 10% back on any toilet paper purchase.”
- Latonia shares: “There is also a catalina deal on crystal light canisters and to go packets. Buy 5 get $5 onyo. They are on sale at Meijers 2/$4. Are there any coupons?”
- Sharon reports: “Merrillville Meijer has the yogurts priced at $1.09. None of the associates knew about this sale.” The sales sometimes vary, but you can search your ad to confirm.
- A deal for today from Mom of 5: “FREE Happy Nappers through tomorrow (1/6) at Menards with 20% off bag. 5.99-20%(1.20)-5.00 Menards rebate, limit 4.”
- Brian and a few others have had luck with $/$$ coupons on rebate items: “I’m responding to this post on Menards: ‘On the calendar coupons, Don shares: “Not sure if it was mentioned BUT, when the $5 coupon is used in conjunction with products that are on rebate the cost of the product is taken off by a percentage and therefore the rebate is smaller as well. All in effort to make sure there is no money making with these coupons. My conclusion is that these coupons are best used on non rebate items….. just a thought” He follows up: “not a separate entry when used with rebate items, hope I explained this ok :/”’ Don is correct in that the 5/50 menards calendar coupon will proportionately reduce the cost of the items and that will be shown on the receipt. So for example, a $7 rebate item may be reduced on the regular and rebate receipt to $6.50. HOWEVER, I have submitted the rebate receipts showing $6.50 and gotten the full $7 when the rebate certificate showed up. In fact, I got one today that this happened on. I do not know the Menards policy. This is probably a YMMV.”
- Sandra says: “I used the $5/50 Menards coupons from the 2012 calendar throughout 2012 and never had a problem getting the full rebate amount. Yes, it will show less spent on the item, but I always got back the full rebate amount. For example, when I did the rebate (in June) for the $6.99 T-Shirts limit 4, I only spent $6.32 on each T-shirt and that is the amount my rebate receipt showed, but the rebate was for $6.99 for each and that is what I got back.”
- Don says: “Petsmart has Alpo canned dog food at 20 for $10 , believe there is a coupon $1.25 off 10 …. makes them a good price – through Feb 3rd”
- Deanna offers: “I got a $5 off one 22.2 oz or larger powder Enfamil infant formula from Jewel the other day. ‘Redeem at Jewel’ wording but mq exp 2/15/13. It seems high value to me but haven’t bought in so long idk anymore. If you want to post if anyone wants it (reader deals?) I’d be more than happy to drop in mail.”
- Shirley asks: “I need your opinion on Finish powerball, gelpacs and quantum dishwasher detergent. I currently use Finish powerball and the result is okay and the review from Rachel a month ago on quantum seems to be very good but expensive. So, how about the gelpacs? TIA” Rachel thinks: “The results from the gelpacs seem exactly the same as the powerball to me. Quantum works much better, but as you said is much more expensive. Some people double up on the tabs and use two per load, which is ridiculous that you should have to do that, but seems to work — so if you end up getting it at CVS or at Meijer for like $.03 a load, it’s $.06 a load to use two tabs, which is STILL cheaper than you can generally get the quantum for.” Personally, I think Quantum is great and I don’t bother buying anything else.
- Anne shares: “According to a “leading consumer magazine”, the tabs & quantum perform about the same, both SIGNIFICANTLY better than gelpacs. In my house, I always felt the gelpacs didn’t clean well, but was buying due to hb’s preference because nothing extra to unwrap. I was relieved to see they backed me up To me, the tabs are pretty good on everything except gunked up pans & I will usually put them in just to get the majority off and handwash.”
- Laurie recommends: “I’ve been throwing a 1/2 cup to a cup of vinegar in with my Finish tabs & my dishes have never looked better! No spots & my silverware doesn’t look dingy anymore!”
- One from Priscilla: “I just found out my oldest is allergic to corn! This is a horrible allergy to try to work around, since almost everything has corn in one form or another in it. If anyone can give me good suggestions or suggest sites where I can get ideas and suggestions on products, etc. And of course coupons! I am looking for corn free: pop tarts, baking powder, chocolate syrup, powdered sugar, spicy chips, marshmallows.”
Shop & Save
- Ashley found: “shopnsave has Kraft Mac n cheese for .49 so .19 after coupon!”
- And Deanna tells us: “If anyone is in the area of a Shop & Save, there are a few deals I thought were of interest. I am looking at the ad for Des Plaines, Niles and Schaumburg. Last time I asked, they do NOT take printables. Also limits are sometimes posted in the store and not in the ad.”
- A peelie to watch for from Rosie: “The last two targets I was at had $2.50 off coupons on the 24 pack of Scott toliet paper rolls, so be sure to look on the packages!”
- Jessica warns: “Target Lean Cuisine Deal: Just a head’s up — the Buy 4 Get 1 coupon would not work with the gift card deal. Per the manager, since the register would not allow it they are not allowed to override it. (I just have to go back with my 2 $1-off-5 Q’s and get the adjustment)” I am not sure I see the reasoning, but be prepared if you are planning to try it.
- From Pam C.: “I purchased 9 papers at Dollar Tree. All but one had the Target insert. At Target this morning, I bought Reach Floss at $.97, used the $.50/1 Reach floss to stack with the $1/1 printable. No beeps! $.53 moneymaker!”
Toys R Us
- Clearance candy from Emily: “The Toys R Us in Downer Grove had a whole section of Halloween candy (at least 200-300 bags) MnM/Mars 90% off of 5.00, so .50 cents a bag.”
- Some ideas from Ashley: ” bunch of things, first off, walgreens has the bayer contour next ez meters for $9.99 with reward card. They have the $10 coupon in the diabetes care books. Then, you get $5 and 3,000 balance reward points with purchase, so an $8 moneymaker with coupon. They also have a promotion where you get 5,000 pts with purchase of $30 in good n natural bars. If you have enough free coupons from this weeks paper it could be a money maker too.”
- A find from rebecca for the new coupon: “Just as a head’s up – last time I was at Wal-Mart, they had some varieties of the Cambell’s go-soups on clearance. I don’t have the price, but it has to make those a better deal than the sale price.”
- Cindy noticed: “Walmart ad shows 400 sheets of Georgia Pacific copy and print paper for $2.00. If you just need to print and have no paper quality cares this is a great deal.”
Posts on Mashup Mom may contain affiliate links. Please see the disclosure and disclaimer statement.