Here are some of the deals (and heads up!) YOU found recently — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
Big favor: If you mention other sites, online coupons, etc, please include the link. Disclaimer: All of the deals below come straight from readers.
- On the $1.00 Barilla gluten free coupon, Wende asks: “Can anyone tell me if this tastes different than the regular Barilla? Thank you ( : “
- Ali found: “CVS at North and Clybourn has holiday candy 90% off – M&M’s for $0.43, kisses for $0.39. Lots left this morning. Wrapping paper at 75% off.”
- Info for those of you who still have an open store, from feelgood: “Reliable sources tell me the 1/2/14 – 1/7/14 weekly ad will be the last one for Dominick’s. Good coupon matchups: 32 oz Coffee-mate $2.50. DiGiorno Pizza $5.00. Nature Valley Granola bars $1.49. 14 oz Cheerios $1.49. Ore-Ida Potatoes $2.99. Ken’s Dressing $1.49. Kellogg’s Special K cereal $1.99. Buy 2 Get 1 Free Cheese Event. 60 oz. Ocean Spray 100% Juice Buy 1 Get 1 Free. 25.5 oz. Bertolli Olive Oil Buy 1 Get 1 Free.
Also, Fresh Express Salad Blends will be 2/$5. Waiting on the January 2014 Tony Tantillo booklet (hoping for a $2/1 coupon).”
- feelgood also sends over a great Nature Valley deal, for those near an open store: “For those with an open and fully functioning Dominick’s nearby, the 1/2/14 – 1/7/14 weekly ad shows Nature Valley Granola Bars $1.49 each, must buy 4. There is a $0.50/2 coupon in the 1/5/14 SS. Also $0.50/2 printables on: www.quericavida.com/ofertas/ There’s also a Nature Valley Catalina offer: Buy 3, get $1.00 OYNO. Buy 4, get $2.00 OYNO. Buy 5 or more, get $3.00 OYNO. So, 5 Nature Valley @ $1.49 each = $7.45. Minus two $0.50/1 MQ’s = $6.45. Minus $3.00 CAT = $3.45 for five, or $0.69 each.”
- Mandi comments: “Hobby Lobby has all of their christmas stuff on clearance for 80%off”
- And Katie confirms with some specific deals: “Hobby Lobby was 80%off Christmas stuff today. I picked up nice thick non holiday looking plates, napkins, cups, wrapping paper (super nice and thick) cheaper than meijer or target xmas clearance stuff. I can use these year round too! I also picked up hat boxes and “already looked wrapped” sturdy gift boxes that you can use over and over and over. I try to find these every year on clearance because they save me lots of $, time and garbage in the long run! Wrapping in these boxes is SOOOO easy. A little tissue to hide whats in the box and put the top on and label! Even better than gift bags because bags get crumpled looking and tear after a use or two.”
- A reminder from Holly (last day for this one!): “You can save 10% off your total bill at jewel by handing in your old dominicks card.”
- Ginny shares on Facebook: “Meijer in Elgin had Christmas clearanced at 70%. Target was at 70% as well, with the food at 50%.”
- From Steph: “Went to Michael’s in Naperville today [12/30]. They had various lego sets for 70% off. I got a lego friends 75 piece set for $3 and a lego creator 3-in-1 set for $4.50. I picked up a few of each to save for bday presents. I checked the prices with amazon and this truly was 70% off. What a great deal. Lots of craft sets on sale too.”
- Sara has advice on avoiding product substitutions: “Go onto the Peapod site and click on My Account. Click on Product Substitutions (located under the heading, Shopping Preferences) Check the box “Do not substitute for any items unless indicated”
- Nikki found: “If your printed the $1/1 Bic coupon from coupons.com [no longer available], Target sells a 7 ct package for just under $1.”
- A heads up from Nikki: “Lombard was out of the Post Raisin Bran last night. They did have Kcups in the clearance carts up front, though-Donut Shop iced coffee & Holiday Starbucks. They were either priced at $4.24 or $4.74, I can’t remember! LOL”
- A reminder to check your booklets, from peaches: “The downtown Evanston store usually has coupons already cut out from their coupon book at their customer service counter., When I was visiting one of my sister’s in New Orleans for Christmas, we went into a Whole Foods store there. We mostly just hit the hot bar, but we got a few other things. While I was there I spotted a pile of Whole Deal coupons, and I was going to pick up two, and my sister said that we only needed one. When I got home, the one coupon book I picked up, had two coupons cut out of it, including one for Arrowhead Mills that I might have used.”
- And more Whole Foods tips from peaches: “Whole Foods usually has good 1-3 day sales over the weekend. You can usually find these on each stores facebook page, but not always. The last time I was in Whole Foods in Evanston, they had their rotisserie chicken on sale for $5. On their three day sales they usually have 2 or 3 items on sale, and they almost always have meat on sale at least 25% off, and sometimes 50% off. The downtown Evanston store is not coupon friendly, but the South Evanston store is. If you are select about what you buy at Whole Foods you can get some deals, but if you decide to buy all of your groceries there, you are going to pay way more. I buy a lot of bulk there, and especially bulk spices, and I buy fresh lemons there and quarts of plain yogurt. I also buy what ever is on sale that I am interested in, and I buy King Arthur flour there, and sometimes Arrowhead Mills flour when it is on sale, and I have a coupon. I love Arrowhead Mills pancake mix. For anybody that is into vegi dogs., the good dogs are cheaper there than anywhere else.”
- And from laurac: “Zevia is actually 2 for $5.00 through today at Whole Foods. Special sale ran 12/27 – 12/31. Sale was at both Oak Park and Wheaton. On a side note if Wheaton is close enough go there over Oak Park. Ten times more coupon friendly.”