Here are some of the deals (and heads up!) YOU found recently — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
Big favor: If you mention other sites, online coupons, etc, please include the link. Disclaimer: All of the deals below come straight from readers.
- A find from seachicago: “On Saturday at Aldi (SW Chicago), the multigrain chips and cheddar multigrain chips (Aldi version of Sunchips—tastes identical to me) were marked 99 cents. Great buy!”
- Lora shares: “Stay away from the sugarless [Haribo]! These reviews on Amazon are crazy funny!”
- Cindy likes the glitter headbands: “Perfect!!!! Great for dance and pom kids too!”
- And Kim found: “If you are buying a bunch of them, there’s a better deal here. You can get 12 of them for $12 and you get to pick your colors too.”
- Reported yesterday by letsshop: “75% Off today at Dominick’s 31 st Wolf road ,Think its Westchester and liquor 40%”
- And Karalyn posts on Facebook: “Dominicks is 75% off now. There wasn’t much left at the Buffalo Grove store. Mostly candy and miscellaneous things left, plus some vitamins. No liquid milk or meat left”
- Artie sends over: “Panda Express – Free Firecracker Chicken Breast on January 31th“
- From D: “For things that are “pinked” from the mysterious red sock in the white laundry (or anything red that runs) try this: Do not dry after taking out of the wash. Heat will set the dye Immediately put it in a bucket of cold water with vinegar and peroxide. soak overnight. Then wash only in cold. You may have to repeat. Ive only done this with whites or light colors so Im not sure about darks, but its worked like a charm.”
- Anne found: “At Meijer, Catalina running through 1/26, if you buy two select Post cereals, you get free milk (up to $4) OYNO. Stack that with the Buy Two select Post cereals, get free milk coupon in the 1/19 SS. I bought two Great Grains @ 2/$6, milk for $2.49, got $4 off using coupon (register took full amount automatically), AND I got the Catalina coupon back for free milk up to $4.”
- Don asks on Facebook: “I heard something about a new Petes Market coming to the Burr Ridge area in the near future ? Anyone else hearing anything about this? Something about taking over a previously closed Kmart?”
- From Kaitlyn: “Does anyone have recommendations on a good deal fordishwasher packs? I have no preference I’ve used finish or cascade, whichever I can get the cheapest. Amazon has them for 20 cents each…”
- Here is a Sealy Posturpedic King size mattress deal at Sears from Don on Facebook, half price — $369.99. Use code SEARS2014 for another $5.00 off. He says: “compare to exact same mattress at amazon (same as far as i can tell) 845 at amazon” Mattresses are notoriously difficult to compare, but check the specs that are important to you.
- Some information from Charlotte: “All seeds sold to consumers are GMO free. GMO seeds are only available to commercial growers. Side note, just about all corn, beets, soy beans and rape seeds(canola) that are sold in stores (including products made from these) are GMO. Yes, even at Whole Foods, though they hope to be GMO free by 2018. Now, if you’re looking at seeds that are hybrids, they will say something along the line of: F1-hybrid, this does NOT make them GMO, it just means the parent plants were crossed to get this specific type of plant. This has been going on since the dawn of time. You cross your best plants to get the best seeds for next year. If you collect your own seeds from an F1 hybrid, you will most likely not get great plants from it next year. Heirloom and open pollinated seeds are seeds you can collect year after year and are the ones that are generally really cheap at the stores (11 packs for $1 etc at Menards), because these plants are easy to pollinate and create dependable results every year. Nothing wrong with them and I use them with great results. Unless you have a special license, GMO seeds will not be sold to you.”
- A recommendation from Suzann: “Try Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds(rareseeds.com). I have used them and if you get their catalog; you will want to order way too much!!”
- DON says: “If it is certified organic then it is non GMO – far as I know”
- Pam adds: “I second Baker Creek for non-GMO, my hubby won’t order anything else. www.rareseeds.com“