Here are some of the deals (and heads up!) YOU found recently — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
Big favor: If you mention other sites, online coupons, etc, please include the link. Disclaimer: All of the deals below come straight from readers.
- For those still holding yesterday’s paper, Kitty sends over: “On page 13 of today’s (Friday) Tribune is a Carsons coupon for $25/$50 in-store purchase thru Jan. 21; usual exclusions apply.” Sorry this didn’t get posted yesterday, I was unbelievably sick .
- Brenda’s approach: “I have a file cabinet and I keep them all for a year. When the 1/20 comes this weekend I will pitch the 1/22 from last year without a second thought. If you have the room to do this, you do not need to spend any time culling your inserts.”
- Shavon on the Pilgrim’s Pride coupon: “I know I’ve seen them often, but here’s the store list of where to buy. Quite a few stores in our area. Don’t remember seeing Ultra, but almost certain I’ve seen it there as well.”
- Deanna’s seen it too: “I checked their website as their logo does look familiar. They list a bunch of stores that carry various products, both fresh and frozen, so it may be worth a look next time anyone stops at their local stores. The list includes Albertson’s and Supervalu, Roundy’s ( so check Mariano’s) and Pick-and-Save, Kroger, Meijer, Piggly Wiggly, Safeway (Dominick’s), Schnucks and Walmart. There are more- I just listed the ones I remember seeing mentioned here.”
- As has Mandy: “Sometimes Angelo Caputo’s, and Butera.”
- Outlander says: “The 2 CVS stores in Bartlett take expired Qs for at least a week, usually longer too.”
- For those heading out yet today, Paula M shares: “We are supposed to be getting a $2.00/1 Almay in the 1/20 SS. There is actually a sale running through Saturday 1/19 at CVS as well on certain Almay products. Eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara $5.99 with $3.00 ECB. If you get your papers on Saturday you could do this deal as well.”
- Stephanie shares: “24 pk Ice Mountain is on sale $3.33. Thru 1/19 Buy 4 and get $4 CAT. So $2.33 case of water, but hurry. Crystal Light on the Go is also on sale $2.00. Thru 1/31 Buy 5 and get $5 CAT. So $1 CLOTG (10 pk). Good deal on stuff I needed for a large event.”
- John reports: “Coupon still available. Today at the Dominick’s on Dempster in Evanston, I saw Ocean Spray 100% White Grapefruit Juice on sale for $2, so free after coupon. It said on sale through Jan 30, so other stores may have similar deals.”
- On the Gap brands $5/25 on JFU, Jessica says: “I went to use the coupon yesterday, and it only allowed me to use it once. Second transaction, the discount would not come up. The CSM pointed out to me the wording about purchasing in one transaction, and said I should have bought all my gift cards in one transaction to get $5 off each.”
Food 4 Less
- Kim’s experience: “Just got back from Food4less on North Ave and bought 3 skippy peanut butter. I used 3 of the 50 cent off coupons from the Ultra Ad last week and it took off $1.00 for each coupon. 67 cent skippy!!!!!”
- On the Timber Ridge deal, Julie w realized: “I just went to do this and you must book your stay when you buy it. Also, the price of the night changes depending Shan night you want to go. If you wanted to do the $99 per night, be prepared for a weekday stay.”
- More clearance found by Mindy on Facebook: “really good deals on clearance similac organic formula at the jewel in glen ellyn on roosevelt road. i bought out the last of the baby food jars, but several containers of formula for $6. also some good start formula for $3.”
- And some from liz: “whoop whoop! I just had a fun time at my jewel where there is a clearance going on…all small and mighty was 5.49..now 1.99..plus 2/2 coupon makes 99cents all…Im stocked up!! also 8pack mots apple juice on clearance…69 cents kraft dressing paired with a $1 off produce when you buy 2 kraft coupon which I had a few of from in store a while ago..combined with buy 2 fresh express salads get 2 free avacados makes for a happy lady! I think I am going to hit a different jewel now..happy shopping!”
- Erika sends over even more: “A few good clearance items still on the shelves. Lots of Betty Crocker Fall frosting & Hot Chocolate cupcake mix $.50 each. Bought a couple Bissell Stomp ‘N Go Stain Lifting Pads, clearanced for $2 (pairs nicely with $1/1 coupon from 12/9 SS). Don’t know if they work, but hey for a buck, I’ll try anything that might make my life easier..lol!
Also saw a ton of Salsa, Refried Beans, Jewel brand puddings, coffee filters. No luck on the K-Cups, but I did find International Delight 24 ct Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer Singles for $.75. Sorry, guys, I bought them all, with the $.55/1 coupon off the International Delight website, way too amazing to pass up. Maybe they will be at another Jewel, too. :)”
- An idea from Deanna: “A good place for this Organicgirl ip could be Mariano’s? This week features… ” Get One Sambazon 10.5 Oz. Juice, Buy One Organicgirl 4.5-5 Oz. Salad Get One Sambazon 10.5 Oz Juice FREE! With Purchase (the salads are $2.99)” My computer has a $2 Sambazon @ coupons.com under zip 19606, while my husband’s computer can only get $1.50. (??) If the Sambazons are $2 and if you went on the coupon-doubling Wednesday, you’d get an Organgirl salad and 2 Sambazons for .99. N’est pas?”
- A deal from feelgood: “Don’t know if this was posted, but I spotted a deal while shopping tonight at the Meijer on E. Boughton Rd. in Bolingbrook. 4-packs of Dannon Light & Fit yogurt were 3 for $5. There was an endcap full of them, and also a sign, buy 3 Dannon Light & Fit 4-packs, get Meijer 64-oz premium orange juice or grapefruit juice FREE. It gets better! I walked to the regular display in the yogurt section, still marked 3 for $5…but underneath each sale tag was an offer, buy $10+ of Dannon Light & Fit, get a $3 catalina!”
- One from sandy k-g: “meijer has a sale on Ritz through 1/19. $1.49 per box. There is a .75 coupon off of two Nabisco products. 1/6 SS1 Great buy. did the deal tonight.”
- For those looking for this Tracie on Facebook suggests: “check out through his college. They may offer discounts for students to purchase or check out in the library”
- A testimonial from Sarah: “A couple of months ago, Rachel posted a deal for USA Dawgs on Eversave. I bought the deal because I really needed some good boots for the snow. I have a wide foot and larger calves and often have a hard time finding boots that will fit me. I purchased the Eversave for the 9-inch side tie boots. I finally ordered my boots using the Eversave just before Christmas. They arrived just in time for me to use them in a bunch of snow. My feet were dry and warm! And the boots fit great. I normally wear a 7 or 7 1/2, with a slightly wide foot, and I purchased a size 8. I highly recommend these boots. The website is www.usadawgs.com and right now they have a coupon for 30% off all winter stock: use code WP30USA. The regular price is $50 for these boots and with this discount code they are $35 plus $7 shipping. They are well worth it in my opinion, given that many other boots like this sell for $100 or more.” And she adds: “I am so happy with the boots that I bought, that I just went online to order another pair!”
- Tracie posts on Facebook: “We had our dog on Innova but needed to switch because the cost was high. We do Diamond. they produce a lot of the other named dog foods (chicken soup) We get it at Menards. No byproducts, protein listed first, no corn. We get it at Menards. A note when trying different dog foods. you can return a more than half full bag of dog food to the store (petsmart, menards) if your dog’s tummy doesn’t agree with it. We went through a few till we found what one works with her allergies.”
- From ElizabethF: “One more dog food tip, the cheapest local place I have found is Animal Feeds & Needs in Arlington Heights. They are the “hub”/distributor to many other local businesses BUT, you can buy from them directly at their retail store. For those of you using dogfoodanalysis.com I have been able to purchase a 5 star dog food at a 3 star price from Animal Feeds & Needs”
- Some information from kay: “I am a dog trainer and behavior consultant. I have a Master’s in Animal Behavior which included classes in Small Animal Nutrition. Optimum food for your dog is grain free. If you can’t afford it (actually you feed less grain free because it is more digestible so it really isn’t as expensive) You absolutely should not feed your dog any food that contains corn, wheat or soy. Those are most likely to be poorly digested as well as highly likely to cause problems – allergies, skin/digestive problems, etc. As with your kids, you should not be feeding anything that has color, artificial anything, chemicals (those ‘soft’ bits), sugar, etc. Which leaves out pretty much everything sold in grocery, drug and chain stores. The cheapest place I have found to find ‘good’ food for dogs is Pet Supplies Plus. Some feed stores as well, but they are hit or miss as far as good quality foods. And there are fewer of them around. The prices you show here in Amazon seem high. (I buy wholesale so I am not sure, but I think Pet Supplies Plus is cheaper). You can also find some good quality/grain free at PetSmart and PetCo has a bit larger selection.”
- And she adds: “BTW very few dogs need high protein food…usually only working dogs or dogs that compete at some high activity sport. In addition, high protein in the diet has been linked to increased aggression in some dogs. There is a publication called ‘Whole Dog Journal’ which some libraries carry and can be purchased in some pet stores (Natural Pet Market in Danada). This publication ranks foods every Feb. taking into account a number of factors. In addition the publication takes no advertising so they have no bias. Kind of like consumer reports for all things dog. The Feb. issue might be out already. You can also purchase it online or get a digital version. You may also be able to buy single issue. Their evaluation of foods is very good (actually all their evaluations are good!)”
- From mandi: “my moms friend, my mom, my sister and i feed eagle pack. i did a bit of research after my moms friend recommended it and it seems to get very high ratings for the price. i pay around $1 a lb and i think they sell it at pet supplies plus. just another healthy choice to think about. we all swear by it.”
- Charlotte confirms: “The price on TOTW is about the same as pet supplies plus.”
- An option from Jolene: “The 40lb bags of diamond often goes on sale at menards for $24.99″
- A vote for Costco from Susan C.: “I have 3 dogs (90 lbs, 80 lbs, and 50 lbs) so we go through a lot of dog food. I feed my smallest, NutraMax Small Bites. For the ‘boys’ I got a Costco membershp just because the savings on the dog food basically pays for my membership. Costco now has a grain free food called Natures Domain. It’s around $28 for a 30lb bag. The Natures Domain grain free salmon blend costs more. And at costco.com you can find good prices on pet supplements (CosequinDS, fish oil, etc)” And she follows up: “Just looked at my Costco receipt and the Natures Domain Turkey and Sweet Potato is $30.99 for 35 lbs.”
- A pet food question from Tina M: “My dog was just diagnosed with several medical problems and I was wondering if there is anyone else here who has a dog that requires a low-fat, hypoallergenic diet? And, if so, what food do you give them?”
- Kelly on Facebook asks: “Where can I find the cheapest organic produce? I cant always chase the sales so I’m looking for a store whose prices for organic are consistent. I went to trader joe’s today and spent $.79 ea for organic apple & the same for pears and don’t feel I was getting a very good price …(FYI I live in Orland Park so I’m wondering where I can shop out this way, TIA)”
- Lisa on Facebook is wondering: “Has anyone gone to Naperville or Warenville, Il stores for their toy clearance? Is there a good selection? looking for imaginext . Are the toys 70%”"
Strack & Van Til
- John comments: “Strack and Van Til has a good deal on some Quaker products. As part of a Buy 5, save $5 deal (after discount) instant grits and the 12.6 oz. Perfect Portions instant oatmeal flavors are 99 cents, and Quaker Medleys are 69 cents, so a good deal with the $1/2 Quaker coupon. The individual packets of Quaker instant oatmeal are $1.89, so that’s a better deal for $1.67 at Dominicks and Food4Less.”
- Kerri reports: “I went to target in highland, in looking for the clearance toys. Didn’t find much but there was TONS of other clearance at 50-70% including hair color, hair care, sunscreen and bears and Blackhawks apparel! It was all over the place so I didn’t get a chance to look at it all but there were some great deals!”
- Kristy found: “At Hodgkins Target, they had Colgate Kids Toothpaste (Dora) 4.6oz on clearance for $1.68. There was a $0.75/1 (over 4 oz) in the 01/06 S2 insert, and some people got a $1.00 off Colgate Target coupon in a recent mailer. Free (if you have both) or under a buck.”
- SoapboxTray says: “Target has the Zevia on price cut for 3.33 a six pack. 1.33 after coupon. I tried the cola flavor and not too crazy about it but the grape is pretty yummy for a little treat Uses stevia as the sweetener.” We did get it this time!
- A price check from Don: “My Target had the 5.9 jar of Nectresse for $5.99 ( $1.99 AFTER THE STACK) so I bought… soo glad I looked here, as always, before heading out to the Old Navy clearance – jeans $8.49 / pair Tyvm, and Target was right next door”
- From Cindy: “My walmrt (valparaiso, IN) still had some Christmas Clearance stuff,still only 75% off, but did score some big Angry Birds Bags for 75 cents. They were nice because they did not look like CHristmas bags. They also had a bunch of toys on clearance but didn’t get a chance to really look at them, darn hubby was in a hurry ”
Posts on Mashup Mom may contain affiliate links. Please see the disclosure and disclaimer statement.