Here are some of the deals (and heads up!) YOU found recently — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
Big favor: If you mention other sites, online coupons, etc, please include the link. Disclaimer: All of the deals below come straight from readers.
- From suez: “Love Love Love Alfies!!! Great burgers!!”
- Some options from lauram: “This is a good groupon, but we also buy the Aunt Annies pretzel kit at Food For Less for about $5.50. It takes a while to make but worth it!It makes about 10 pretzels. Kids enjoy making them too.”
- A heads up on the Walmart online deals from Michelle: “I don’t think I would call these deals. I bought my daughter the girls Cleopatra costume in the store, last Saturday, for $19.99 and the online price is $43.45. Yikes!”
- And Christina suggests and warns: “If your child is still into the older characters for Halloween, try Spirit Halloween stores and don’t forget to use the printable coupons. You will find the older costumes (ie Cars Mater & Lightning McQueen) for $5. Also, a note about Wal-Mart online, please use a pre-paid card. Walmart’s site is known for credit card theft. Search it and you will find that many others, including myself, had fraudulent purchases charged to their card. How it happened to me: I was at home sick earlier this year and woke up when I received triple alerts from my bank and email. It was a purchase and order confirmation from Wal-Mart online. Someone made a small purchase of baby wipes and the order was being shipped to my home. I guess this was to see if the credit card was active. I took care of it immediately. Apparently, Wal-mart’s online website has been vulnerable for years.”
- A deal from jen: “So Jewel has Davids sunflower seeds on sale for 80¢ when you buy 10. Walmart has the seeds located at the registers with peelies on them for $1 off now!! Price match them and get them all FREE+ Overage. Great for the kids baseball games;)”
- Dana shares: “it’s 14.99 at Learning Express in Countryside. Please note: Michaels sells these products, but you CAN NOT use coupons on them! SOOO Stupid! (But Learning Express has the best price for the extra rubberbands) and the cutest personalized case!”
- Meg asks: “Can someone who has the Loom Bands comment on the appropriate age range? I think my daughter (who is about to turn 5) would really enjoy this, but I don’t want to get her something that is too old for her and frustrates her.” She adds: “PS. I know it says ages 8 and up, but we have plenty of toys that are outside her age range, so I’m looking for opinions from someone who has actually used the product.”
- Debbie says: “We have the original Rainbow Loom and my 8 year old daughter has spent hours with it. If you just make the basic style bracelets, I think a 6 year old could manage pretty well. However, there are many other more difficult styles to make that even I would have trouble with!! My 8 year old tried a really hard one and got quite frustrated. So, if you stick to the basic ones you should be fine. Lots of fun!!!”
- And julie’s experience: “We have 2 kits for our 9 and 10 year old daughters. My 10 yo is pretty adept at it. My 9 yo is a bit frustrated because she has a broken arm and can only do the simplest designs because her cast gets in the way. I’d guess from what I’ve seen that these will probably be a little too advanced for a 5 year old on their own.”
- Here is ann’s take: “I bought one for my nieces, ages 4 and 7. The 4 year old wasn’t able to do it and got bored quickly. The 7 year old tried for probably 2 hours, but was not able to get it on her own either. I am 30 years old and had trouble myself looping the bands together to make the bracelet (and I am an avid crafter). Hope that helps.”
- Not only are there replacement bands for $3.99 shipped, Christine in the Hot Holiday Deals Facebook group noticed: “There is another seller on the side bar that is selling them for 3.95 shipped.”
- She also noticed: “Only downside on the loom deal is the shipping. The email I got said 2-3 weeks, possibly 4 if they sold a ton. (which I am sure with this deal they did) Good thing it is early still.”
- From Amy: “just an fyi…amazon had it yesterday for 11.99 plus 4.99 shipping. more expensive than this deal, i know however; its only a cpl dollars more than you can get it for @ Learning Express. just saying if you need it faster than 2 to 4 weeks, amazon usually ships within a cpl days” This is one is the original Rainbow Loom.
- Vivian also found: “I saw these bands at the $5 below store yesterday. I don’t know what the deal is with them though, but you might want to check out there sale flyers for them.”
- Outlander shares: “I just looked on YouTube and there are many examples- looks fun, but I would also say that it’s 8 and up, unless you stick to very basic. I think it might frustrate younger kids. I did buy it for my DD.”
- Chick Hatchers asks: “When redeeming the voucher for the refund rather than the magazine subscription, where is the order # on the online confirmation or email confirmation? I cannot find it on either page and I’m thinking the ability to get the refund is not really an option. I sent an email to Plum District’s help email inquiring the same, but have yet to receive a response. I’m wondering if anyone else successfully found their order number. If you did, please reply here and share where you found it.”
- From PW: “My 3 kiddos (7,9,11) are driving me batty buying bands. We have to have all the flavors and colors . So far I have found bands at Hobby Lobby 500/$3.99 use the 40% off coupon neon and primary colors. Bed Bath and Beyond 600/$2.99 use 20% bbb. $5Below had pkgs 3/$5.00 forgot to see how many in each they did offer scented and glow-in-the-dark. All these packages were mult-icolored so sorting is necessary. Also Learning Express has crazy amounts of loom products. The Rainbow Loom is $14.99 there I refused to buy at Michaels ($17.99) since no coupons were allowed.”
- Deb sends over: “Hey just a word of caution for anyone ordering gift cards from Raise. Upon receipt IMMEDIATELY check the balance on the cards. I placed two separate orders, one with a physical gift card and an Ecard, the second for another actual card. I immediately received the Ecard from my first order. The second order w the physical card came before I received the card from first order, in just a few days. Those two were ok (so far) My other physical card came two weeks after I ordered it. RED FLAG!! I checked the balance and it was ZERO. The card was sup to be $95 and I paid $85. Called cust service @ 888 578 8422 and they said they would look into it. She said it would only take a couple of days and they would notify me when a refund would be processed. I was going to order $500 in cards for home improvements, but now Im not so sure. Im also nervous about the Ecard, it has a balance now but what if someone else gets sent the same one or what if the seller uses it before I do?? LOL yea now Im crazy paranoid!”
- Laura is wondering: “Anyone know what the activation fee is on an American Express Gift card? I have a personalized price of $10 off $100. The fees have been 5.95 on the visa and mastercard. Just never did the Amex one before.”
- A question from Mary: “Anyone know if a 4 1/2 quart [slow cooker] is big enough for “standard” dinner recipes?”
- A report from Kristy: “Update on the Fisher Price Pink Puppy. I did find some at the Lombard Target, and wound up paying $4.70 after discounts plus tax. They had four in stock when I was there this afternoon. If your Target does not have one, you can ask a Target employee to scan the shelf tag and try to find one in stock in a store nearby.”
- Some observations from jane: “…but, since the 1st 12 are only 41.66 cents instead of 50 cents like at Jewel, even after the last 8 @ 60 cents; after coupons and Cat its actually a hair cheaper at Ultra. You could still get a similar deal if you only wanted 16, used 2-50 cent coupons and got back $1.25 on the Cat. If you like the selection at Ultra, which limits you to only Original or Whips, you can skip the Cat altogether and pay 35 cents each after 2-40 cent coupons. That means you won’t have to rely on a Cat. that may or may not print or you may let expire in your purse! All great deals on Yoplait.” I got Yoplait at Ultra today and Thick & Creamy were also included (possibly others), plus flavors beyond what the ad said. Also, the Catalina did print for me.
- Mandy comments: “Today I shopped at the Wheaton store. Oh my gosh, they have remodeled big time! I hope that means they are staying for a while, and hopefully they will continue taking the 30 day expired coupons. Still under construction from what I could see, but, it didn’t affect my shopping at all except it was so nice.”
- Kari O. comments: “I found some [Robitussin] at Walgreen’s on clearance for $3.48 too.”
- A heads up from julie: “If the [Dial] coupon prints with Reedemable at Walmart, then it may not work at Walgreens. I seem to recall that this was a recent change to their policy.”
- Cari shares: “Found this on hip2save Buy 2 boxes Snickers ice ream bars at Walgreens 2/$6, use the $2/2 from 9/15 RP, pay $4 get back $2 in register rewards. Look for boxes with offer of free red box codes.”