The week of 8/24/14, we’re expecting two inserts: 1 SmartSource and 1 Red Plum. See the full list at Coupon Previews.
- Use this as a general guide, because coupons and values vary regionally. Sometimes our papers will not include one or more of the coupons listed, or that one area will get one $ amount on their coupons, we will get another.
- In Chicagoland, the Chicago Tribune has the most coupons in it — even if the Sun-Times, or the DuPage Daily Herald, or the other smaller papers have the same inserts, they’re thinner. (Occasionally, the Sun-Times will contain a coupon not found in the Trib, but overall you’ll find many more in the Trib.) If you are outside Chicagoland, you will want to buy the largest-circulation paper in your area.
- In IL-Chicagoland, you can pick up the early edition of the Sunday Chicago Tribune on Saturday morning for $1.00 at Menards or Dollar Tree.
- Be sure to check to make sure that the inserts are in there before purchasing — since they are no longer in plastic bags, they’re falling out, not making it in, or getting swiped.
- Check out the Mashup Mom Coupon Trading Group on Facebook if you’re looking for different coupons or have some you want to trade.
- Places to pick up additional coupons.
So, what looks good to me?
- Colgate $1/1 enamel health, total, optic white, max fresh or sensitive toothpaste 3.4oz+ (9/6).
- Dreyer’s $1/2 slow churned light ice cream or grand ice cream products 1.5qt+ (10/5). In our area, this should be Edy’s.
- Franks $.35/1 redhot sauce (10/31). Little bottles are cheap at Dollar General.
- Planters $1/2 nuts or peanut butter dnd (10/15).
- popchips $.55/1 3-4oz bag dnd (10/15).
- Purina $5/2 11lb+ dry dog food, 24ct fancy feast wet cat food, 35lb tidy cats cat litter, 6lb_ dry cat food or 25oz+ beggin strips dog treats (10/4) TARGET COUPON. Always good to stack when they do gift card deals.
- Clear $1.50/1 scalp & hair product ets (9/21).
- Sara Lee $.75/1 frozen sweet goods excluding pies (10/12).
- TRESemme $2/1 shampoo or conditioner ets (9/21) and TRESemme $2/1 styling product excludes trial and 4.2oz hairspray (9/21). Always good for drugstore deals.
So, how many?
Zzzzzz. Two? But again, everyone’s needs are different, so see if there are coupons you might use that I wouldn’t need.