Updated with SmartSource — sorry for the confusion, guys!
The week of 3/23/14, we’re expecting: One Red Plum and one SmartSource
- For the full preview list, see We Use Coupons and SCP — note that these will vary regionally, as always.
- See the bottom of this post for a list of clipping services to find additional coupons.
- Use this as a general guide, because coupons and values vary regionally. This means that sometimes our papers will not include one or more of the coupons listed, or that one area will get one $ amount on their coupons, we will get another.
In Chicagoland, the Chicago Tribune has the most coupons in it — even if the Sun-Times, or the DuPage Daily Herald, or the other smaller papers have the same inserts, they’re thinner. (Occasionally, the Sun-Times will contain a coupon not found in the Trib, but it’s rare.) If you are outside Chicagoland, you will want to pick up the largest-circulation paper in your area.
So, what looks good to me?
- Angel soft $.50/1 facial tissue (4/23)
- Axe hair $2.50/1 (4/20) ETS
- Clear $2.50/1 scalp & hair (4/20) ETS, and Tresemme $2/1 shampoo or conditioner (4/20) ETS and Tresemme $2/1 styling product (4/20) ETS. At Meijer through Wed. (Thursday ad stores): Buy $10 Tresemme or Clear get $3 off instantly. Excludes trial. Reg. $2.84-$7.99.
- Community Coffee $5/2 single serve or 12oz bag (6/27) and Community Coffee $2/1 single serve or 12oz bag (6/27). This often goes on sale for $4.99 a bag or less at Ultra Foods.
- Dove $1.50/1 Hair Care Product (excludes travel, and Dove Men+care) (4/20)
- Lipton $.60/2 Recipe secret (4/20).
- Sparkle $1/1 6 roll or larger (4/30)
- Tide $3/2 Simply Clean & Fresh 40 oz, 50 oz, or 60 oz (4/30) ETS. If you get papers early, Tide Simply Clean is on sale for $2.99 with in-ad coupon at Walgreens through Saturday 3/22, so $1.49 each when you buy two with stacked coupons, Saturday only.
- Barilla $.55/2 any Blue Box Pasta (5/17)
- Colgate $.50/1 toothpaste 3.5oz+
- Cracker Barrel $1/1 cheese product 6-8oz
- Huggies $1.50/1 diapers
- Infusium $2/1 shampoo, conditioner or leave in product, excludes 1.7oz (4/23)
- POM $.50/1 any bottle of POM Juice
- Schick $4/1 Hydro Silk Razor (5/4) (excludes disposables)
- Seattle’s Best $1.50/1 Ground (12oz or 20oz) or K-Cups (10ct or 16ct) (6/23)
- Similac $5/2 any two (2) 22oz (1.37lbs) or larger of SimplePacs (5/24)
- Zantac $4/1 any 24ct or larger
So how many?
Two or four — I like Cracker Barrel, but…!
Not getting inserts in your paper?
The Tribune is no longer including inserts in some papers, the further you get from the city — and sometimes people in Chicago and the southern burbs are also missing one or both inserts in both delivered and purchased papers. This decision is made by the inserts — they’ll decide not to distribute in certain ZIP codes, or only to distribute a certain number in given areas, so not all papers have them.
Here are a few places you can get clipped coupons and/or whole inserts, if the Trib isn’t working for you:
- Klip2Save — No minimums, no fees, same day shipping, and coupons often available as early as the Wed. before they appear in the Sunday paper.
- Coupons & Things by Dede. Dede also has a loyalty program where you earn points for each order, and then can redeem those points towards $ off later orders. She ships fast.
- WeClipUSave — some cheaper than Dede, and often more stock. They also have whole inserts available.
- Also check out the Mashup Mom Coupon Trading Group on Facebook!
These are also good places to try if you just want a lot of a single coupon. It can be more cost effective than buying multiple papers.