The week of 2/9/14, we’re expecting: One SmartSource, one Red Plum.
- See the bottom of this post for a list of clipping services to find additional coupons.
- Use this as a general guide, because coupons and values vary regionally. This means that sometimes our papers will not include one or more of the coupons listed, or that one area will get one $ amount on their coupons, we will get another.
In Chicagoland, the Chicago Tribune has the most coupons in it — even if the Sun-Times, or the DuPage Daily Herald, or the other smaller papers have the same inserts, they’re thinner. (Occasionally, the Sun-Times will contain a coupon not found in the Trib, but it’s rare.) If you are outside Chicagoland, you will want to pick up the largest-circulation paper in your area.
So, what looks good to me?
- All $2/2 laundry detergents 24 load+ (3/23).
- Crest $1/1 be, sensi-relief or 3d white brilliance toothpaste or 3d white brilliance boost 3oz+ (3/31) ETS. These are new, and we’re seeing some sales if you want to try them out.
- Eucerin $1.50/1 hand or body lotion (3/9) ETS. CVS is constantly running ECB deals on this.
- Gillette $4/1 fusion family razor (3/31) ETS and Gillette $4/1 venus razor excludes disposables and trial (3/31). Ditto on the CVS deals.
- Nasacort $5/1 allergy 24hr spray (4/3). This is new as an OTC, so check everywhere from CVS to Jewel.
- Nivea $3/2 lip care products .50oz tin, .17oz stick or .3oz tube (2/23). Oh man. I used to use this one to get free lip balm at Dominick’s when it went $.99. Sniff. 🙁
- Nivea Men $2/1 face care product or 2 shave gels or foams .33-8.7oz (3/9). What I said above about CVS deals coming around all the time.
- Pedialyte $1.50/1 product (3/31). Haven’t seen one of these in a while.
- Arm & Hammer $1.50/2 liquid laundry detergents (4/9). These often show up in the Sun-Time but not the Tribune, so we will have to see.
- Arm & Hammer $3/1 19lb+ clump & seal cat litter (5/31). I’ve seen this on endcaps at Target but don’t remember the price, it’s new, but I do think it’s more expensive than their other ones.
- Barilla $1/1 Italian entrees (4/5). These go on sale for $1.50-$2.00 a lot.
- French’s $.50/1 french fried onions (4/15). If there are no size restrictions use when the little cans go on sale before Easter. Oh, also look for $1.00/1 blinkies — I saw them at Pete’s Market.
- Hershey’s $1.50/1 spreads jar (4/6). New product, maybe we’ll see sales.
- Honey Bunches of Oats $1/2 cereals 12.5oz+ (3/23).
- Hormel $1/1 always tender flavored meat product (4/7). Use when they go on sale BOGO at Jewel, but watch the registers because the second one will of course scan at $0.00.
- Nestle $1.25/2 coffee-mate liquid creamers excludes natural bliss (4/28).
- Pledge B1G1 free multi surface everyday cleaner up to $4.99 (3/22).
- South Beach Diet $2.50/2 good to go bars, snack bars or chewy nut bars (3/31).
- Starbucks $1.50/1 k-cup pack 10ct or 16ct (4/6), Starbucks $1/1 via ready brew 5ct+ (4/6), Starbucks $2/2 coffee 10oz+ (4/6).
So how many?
Hmm. Lots of stuff here but I am not sure how much of it our family will use, and I’m still stocked on Starbucks. Probably… four. You?
Not getting inserts in your paper?
The Tribune is no longer including inserts in some papers, the further you get from the city — and sometimes people in Chicago and the southern burbs are also missing one or both inserts in both delivered and purchased papers. This decision is made by the inserts — they’ll decide not to distribute in certain ZIP codes, or only to distribute a certain number in given areas, so not all papers have them.
Here are a few places you can get clipped coupons and/or whole inserts, if the Trib isn’t working for you:
- Klip2Save — No minimums, no fees, same day shipping, and coupons often available as early as the Wed. before they appear in the Sunday paper.
- Coupons & Things by Dede. Dede also has a loyalty program where you earn points for each order, and then can redeem those points towards $ off later orders. She ships fast.
- WeClipUSave — some cheaper than Dede, and often more stock. They also have whole inserts available.
- Also check out the Mashup Mom Coupon Trading Group on Facebook!
These are also good places to try if you just want a lot of a single coupon. It can be more cost effective than buying multiple papers.